Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Tale of the Tape 7-13

I'm eliminating the 3 potted girls in flower as their growth is more round than up.

+21
20190713 190025

I knew she had added over a foot of growth but almost 2 feet in a week? I wish they all grew like this one.

+3.5
20190713 190055

Gopher clone in a box with tomatoes. Almost always has a baby grasshopper on a leaf.

+4
20190713 190135

In a 5 gal pot in the greenhouse. Growing like a weed.

+4
20190713 190335

+3
20190713 185723

These last two are next to each other in the ground and while the first one is on the end of a row of 4 and dealing with more insect attacks she's growing faster then this one. I expected the opposite.

About a week to go
20190712 222658

I clipped a small bud and hung it in my garage and now my garage smells like a grow room. I'll put my glasses on and put a loupe on it tomorrow to see just how close we are.

I'm getting low on smoke and need to make another bud run. Hopefully this will be my last purchase unless I want something different.

Until next time, Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Day 71
20190716 084033

There's nothing quite as beautiful to an outdoor canna farmer then trichomes shimmering in the sun. I took a good look the other day and she still has about 2 weeks to go.

Just loving the growth on this potted girl.
20190716 081033

My soil mix is improving. I can see the growth daily.

Time to polinate this one
20190716 083923

I had planned on leaving her a virgin but she should produce hundreds of seeds and I've got the girl above and this gopher clone
20190716 081136

that can produce plenty of primo bud.

And these two as well.
20190716 100532

Both girls.

If you happened to see that giant sunflower from a previous post her sister is even taller and just starting to flower.
20190714 172330

I will plant at least one pot plant in this box next year. Screw sunflowers!

Picked a few tomatoes Sunday.
20190714 170424

About 5lbs off of two plants. Celebrity cultivar. Great taste and will make up a batch of marinara sauce soon. Was shootimg for 100 tomato plants this year. So far I've got 40. Time to clone and double that number.

I haven't mentioned the horse manure plant in a while.
20190716 081038

Still prodding along. Started feeding this past week and can only water it once a week as that manure holds water like crazy. It was a good experiment showing the composted manure will not burn plants. For that alone it was worth the time and effort.

That dirty 4 letter word "work" is calling so until next time, Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Back I the day when I started growing this plant leaf fingers were no more than a half inch wide.
20190716 195253

This girl would have been considered an anomaly. Amazing growth rate.

Saw a couple of interesting things yesterday.

20190716 1744080

This is one of my wife's plants. Flowers once a year and I love the flowers. Apparently so do our hummingbirds.

A few Days ago we were sitting on the patio watching this hummingbird guarding the feeder, chasing off all who dared to approach. Had to meme it.
35qbwv

This is one interesting looking grasshoppers.
20190716 194604

Haven't seen these in the yard before.

Still fighting scales on a lemon tree.
20190702 185828

I've been using neem oil and even wiping them off. These are tough bastards to eliminate.

And now aphids are eating my cilantro. No pic, I can barely see them. Had to get out the loupe to make out what it was and I haven't seen any lady bugs. Figures. May have to buy a box if the neem oil works as well on aphids as it does on scales.

Before anyone asks: 1 Tbl neem oil, 2 Tbl Dawn dish soap, 2 Tbl veg oil to 1 gal warm water. It sure puts PM in its place but I think it makes scales reproduce or they're just getting high off it. And yes, I've got an ant trap/bait at the base of the tree as scales, as well as aphids go hand in hand with ants. I haven't been able to get rid of either.

Anyone use something safe/natural that works?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Back I the day when I started growing this plant leaf fingers were no more than a half inch wide.
View attachment 881690
This girl would have been considered an anomaly. Amazing growth rate.

Saw a couple of interesting things yesterday.

View attachment 881691
This is one of my wife's plants. Flowers once a year and I love the flowers. Apparently so do our hummingbirds.

A few Days ago we were sitting on the patio watching this hummingbird guarding the feeder, chasing off all who dared to approach. Had to meme it.
View attachment 881706

This is one interesting looking grasshoppers.
View attachment 881692
Haven't seen these in the yard before.

Still fighting scales on a lemon tree.
View attachment 881712
I've been using neem oil and even wiping them off. These are tough bastards to eliminate.

And now aphids are eating my cilantro. No pic, I can barely see them. Had to get out the loupe to make out what it was and I haven't seen any lady bugs. Figures. May have to buy a box if the neem oil works as well on aphids as it does on scales.

Before anyone asks: 1 Tbl neem oil, 2 Tbl Dawn dish soap, 2 Tbl veg oil to 1 gal warm water. It sure puts PM in its place but I think it makes scales reproduce or they're just getting high off it. And yes, I've got an ant trap/bait at the base of the tree as scales, as well as aphids go hand in hand with ants. I haven't been able to get rid of either.

Anyone use something safe/natural that works?
Your making me feel Blessed to grow indoors😂😂😂😂 no bugs or gophers

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Tale of the Tape 7-20

+4
20190720 163620

The top of that post is 51". After +21 the previous week I was hoping for another foot. Every plant I've grown of this strain will stretch 18-30" depending on age and size.

+6
20190720 163641

The best clone of the gopher plant. Chemgopher OG?

+4
20190720 163744

My soil mix has improved with the addition of the horse manure. Big thick leaves.

+2
20190720 163751

Horse manure plant. Can only water about every 5-6 days. Started her with a weak fish emulsion.

+2.5
20190720 163546

+3.5
20190720 163555

My two gopher proof girls. Coming along slowly. I'm afraid I didn't add enough organic matter to the soil. The top has hardened. First time I've grown anything in this locationother than weeds. Gonna heavly mulch with composted horse manure and see if that helps.

Beautiful sunny days this past month. Nice change after that nasty winter/spring and my neighbor paid me a visit and brought some Willie's Pinnapple Wonder.
20190720 134654

I make him tincture and caps and he brings me goodies like this. Love that guy!

Hope everyone's grows are turning out better than you expected. Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

The garden at night.

I don't know if it's the peace and quit or looking in on the girls while sleeping but I try to walk the garden every evening. I usually don't bring my phone, I mean camera but I did tonight.

I pollinated this girl the other day
20190722 225918

She stretched about 30" over a couple weeks. I've never topped any of this strain. That will change next spring. I'm guessing I could make a round bush out of one of these with heavy topping. And the way they stretch I'd like to see how well these would produce the sea of green. We'll see.

This girl has captured my heart
20190722 225939

Clone of the gopher plant. She reminds me of her mom. Miss her.

Getting so close
20190722 225713

I hit her with a light at night and she sparkles. Pic doesn't do her justice. And the smell. Fell in love with that chem taste/smell 15+ years ago. About 3 weeks from reality.

Pumpkins are ready
20190718 090034

Nice size. There's four. Guessing 10lbs each. I'll weigh and put a tape on 'em when I harvest. The vine looks like it will produce more but I want the box so pumpkin bread this weekend. My wife will be pleased. Who knows what may happen if I pick up some cream cheese frosting to go with?

Those young one's are hitting their stride and finally growing.
20190722 081211

About 6-7 weeks old. Yeah yeah, I took this pick this morning but did spend some time with them tonight.
20190722 225834

20190722 225825

20190722 225808
20190722 225758

20190722 225817

Good times.

Discussing with the boss on buying some chicks.

(Hard to believe I can't find a pic of our girls)

It's been 6 years since we bought any and our girls are not producing so much. Fresh eggs are different than what you buy in the store. Those are over a month old and fed all kinds of stuff you'd never feed to your own chickens. And the taste. If you can keep chickens where you live and don't you're missing out. Besides the eggs the dirty straw is great for composting and adding to soil. And let's not forget manure tea. Just don't let 'em out in your garden or you won't have much of a garden left when they get through.

Take some time a few nights a week and see what's going on in your garden and enjoy.

BloodShot

BloodShot

The garden at night.

I don't know if it's the peace and quit or looking in on the girls while sleeping but I try to walk the garden every evening. I usually don't bring my phone, I mean camera but I did tonight.

I pollinated this girl the other day
View attachment 882901
She stretched about 30" over a couple weeks. I've never topped any of this strain. That will change next spring. I'm guessing I could make a round bush out of one of these with heavy topping. And the way they stretch I'd like to see how well these would produce the sea of green. We'll see.

This girl has captured my heart
View attachment 882903
Clone of the gopher plant. She reminds me of her mom. Miss her.

Getting so close
View attachment 882905
I hit her with a light at night and she sparkles. Pic doesn't do her justice. And the smell. Fell in love with that chem taste/smell 15+ years ago. About 3 weeks from reality.

Pumpkins are ready
View attachment 882906
Nice size. There's four. Guessing 10lbs each. I'll weigh and put a tape on 'em when I harvest. The vine looks like it will produce more but I want the box so pumpkin bread this weekend. My wife will be pleased. Who knows what may happen if I pick up some cream cheese frosting to go with?

Those young one's are hitting their stride and finally growing.
View attachment 882909
About 6-7 weeks old. Yeah yeah, I took this pick this morning but did spend some time with them tonight.
View attachment 882911
View attachment 882912
View attachment 882918View attachment 882919
View attachment 882920
Good times.

It's been 6 years since we bought any and our girls are not producing so much. Fresh eggs are different than what you buy in the store. Those are over a month old and fed all kinds of stuff you'd never feed to your own chickens. And the taste. If you can keep chickens where you live and don't you're missing out. Besides the eggs the dirty straw is great for composting and adding to soil. And let's not forget manure tea. Just don't let 'em out in your garden or you won't have much of a garden left when they get through.

Take some time a few nights a week and see what's going on in your garden and enjoy.
I started buying my eggs from the farmers outside of town "they deliver meat and eggs" and the difference is night and day.
I have to hit most of these eggs several times just to crack them open because the shells are so hard and they sure are tasty.
Lookin' good there!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

We get rid of old chickens about every 2-3 years. Then the old ones become soup.

Garden is looking great by the way!
What do you do with the pumpkins? Make some pie?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

We get rid of old chickens about every 2-3 years. Then the old ones become soup.

Garden is looking great by the way!
What do you do with the pumpkins? Make some pie?
Thanks man. Pumpkin puree, pies, bread. I make the Thanksgiving pies every year so I'll freeze enough puree and I'll give the rest away. Everyone loves my pies and my wife loves my pumpkin bread. Personally I'm not a big fan of either. I also make a 20lb bird and a gallon of gravy which I can eat for days!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I started buying my eggs from the farmers outside of town "they deliver meat and eggs" and the difference is night and day.
I have to hit most of these eggs several times just to crack them open because the shells are so hard and they sure are tasty.
Lookin' good there!
Most people don't realize just how good fresh hormone free eggs taste. Just 3 young chickens produce 15-18 eggs a week. Their first year we were giving them away and our next door neighbor build a coop and now has his own.

They're easy to care for and don't cost much to keep. I buy bird seed, put a quarter cup in a plastic bin, add water and feed them the seedlings.

One of the best things is they love being scratched under their wings. Too cute.

Top Bottom