Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So this or Jacks would be used the last 5-6 weeks with a last week of just water, yes? Mine are 11-12 weeks to finish and need that nitrogen (blood meal) or they fade. I only give it once a month and only once after they begin flowering. I also give them a monthly Espoma bio-tome 3-4-4 that I continue until the last several weeks. Again, only monthly. My soil has become much healther these past several years and I don't need to add too much, just try and replenish what they use.

Of course that's in the dirt and coco is inert. Interesting. Thinking of running hydro in buckets come summer. Some donut shops sell used buckets, food grade for a buck or two each. I got a cute 8 gallon aquarium from a client a few days ago with a built in filter and water pump, ordered a little pump on Amazon for a toilet water fountain and a drip system from Lowe's months ago. Wal-Mart has 100 2" baskets for $12 (currently out of stock) but I have time and don't just jump into something, If you haven't noticed.

The 99 Cent store had more coir, 8qts $1.99 so I bought 20 bags. Should last me a few months🤣

I've been kicking the idea around for a few months, planned out the grows after several discussions and my experience this year with bud in frickin July.

What I need to do is stop parking my butt in my chair and taking 3-4 bong tokes and instead finish that greenhouse. Getting old and many aches and pains makes me wanna numb it but then I don't get much done. 18 days to go, Aug 23 seeds need to be planted for a Sept 1st pop date. Hottest part of the year. Gotta get it done!
I don't add a bloom booster until the last two or three weeks, if at all. I like to keep them green and then fade them over the last few weeks, might just be my old habits again but that's the way I do it

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Tale of the Tape 8-17-19

+6
20190817 193723

4' tall ending stretch.

+7
20190817 193705

Her boyfriend. I've been gently shaking him.

+9
20190817 193309

Big thin stretch.

+5 1/2
20190817 193356

And this pretty much ends this season's Tale of the tape. Most are about done stretching and little upward growth is expected. Fret not, A new grow begins Friday as well as watching the buds swell, harvest and a coconut cap recipe. Fun times ahead.

Until next time, Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Added a few goldfish to the bowl
20190816 190506

I use their green water for mixing tea/nutes.

Today is one of those days
20190816 090606

Green fish water on the left, 25% tea in the middle and mixed on the right.

Enjoying the results
20190816 200802

About a quarter left. Gave away over half knowing the next harvest will be soon.
20190817 193815

My sister-in-laws bday celebration is today and my wife and I made her a bird bath.
20190817 195231

A neat looking large glass bowl attached to and old lamp stand. Came put pretty nice. She's going to cry!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I love that idea of using fish in the rain barrel and using their water to make teas! Awesome stuff Plumber!
It works really well. The water has to be replaced and it's been conditioned, chloramine and heavy metals have been neutralized. Why drain it on the lawn or in a flower bed? I start the tea with it too. Easy to pH as well. Love feeding and watching the fish so it's one big win/win.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Careful with too much calcium! I'm going to get some of the monopotassium phosphate when I run out of Jack's bloom booster

My girls are loving it, I'm working out their Cycles still but all good on this end! I'm feeding them low only 600 PPM maximum, half that in veg and they seem to be doing great right there, at least so far
I only use the tiniest bit of that cal/mag maybe 1/16th of a teaspoon(if that much).

There was an accident with my light timers and my girls went into reveg so I’ve been giving them the mono potassium phosphate to stimulate reflower again. I do that with other plants that are taking too long to flower like my moonflowers. That trick works on my indoor citrus tree too.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

It works really well. The water has to be replaced and it's been conditioned, chloramine and heavy metals have been neutralized. Why drain it on the lawn or in a flower bed? I start the tea with it too. Easy to pH as well. Love feeding and watching the fish so it's one big win/win.

I bet having them in a rain barrel also minimizes the amount of mosquito nymphs in the water!

Srenots

Srenots

Added a few goldfish to the bowl
View attachment 889047
I use their green water for mixing tea/nutes.

Today is one of those days
View attachment 889048
Green fish water on the left, 25% tea in the middle and mixed on the right.

Enjoying the results
View attachment 889049
About a quarter left. Gave away over half knowing the next harvest will be soon.
View attachment 889050

My sister-in-laws bday celebration is today and my wife and I made her a bird bath.
View attachment 889051
A neat looking large glass bowl attached to and old lamp stand. Came put pretty nice. She's going to cry!
that bird bath turned out cool bro....

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

that bird bath turned out cool bro....
Yeah it did. Wife's idea, of course. She's very artistic and she can frickin draw. I'm autistic and can't draw a straight line😂 but I can make shit.

We went to a large secondhand store with her idea and she found this lamp and that bowl. I'm always looking at tools, lights/fixtures and garden equipment, call me crazy😜

She is amazing and can cook!!!

20190818 134953

The bday girl didn't cry but said, We were just looking at bird baths last week. And hubby and her say at the same time, That will go in our garden.

She makes over 6 figures and has pretty much everything she needs and wants so it's difficult to buy for her. My wife made her something a few years ago and she bawled like a baby.

2 Christmases ago I bought her a mini glue gun (she carries one and a bunch of shit in her purse like a mini stapler, etc) and I mount a laser pointer on top and on the instructions I added a red line from the gun (a used a ruler😂).

We all laughed once someone told her it was a joke but she loves that silly thing. Awesome lady.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I only use the tiniest bit of that cal/mag maybe 1/16th of a teaspoon(if that much).

There was an accident with my light timers and my girls went into reveg so I’ve been giving them the mono potassium phosphate to stimulate reflower again. I do that with other plants that are taking too long to flower like my moonflowers. That trick works on my indoor citrus tree too.
I've been reading up on calcium in tap water, can't be used by the plants but can cause lockout. I may have to purchase distilled and mix. As soon as I get the two stage drinking water filter set up and tested I'll have a better idea of what I'll need. I'm sure glad I have a whole 3 days to get it together.😳

Srenots

Srenots

Yeah it did. Wife's idea, of course. She's very artistic and she can frickin draw. I'm autistic and can't draw a straight line😂 but I can make shit.

We went to a large secondhand store with her idea and she found this lamp and that bowl. I'm always looking at tools, lights/fixtures and garden equipment, call me crazy😜

She is amazing and can cook!!!

View attachment 889518

The bday girl didn't cry but said, We were just looking at bird baths last week. And hubby and her say at the same time, That will go in our garden.

She makes over 6 figures and has pretty much everything she needs and wants so it's difficult to buy for her. My wife made her something a few years ago and she bawled like a baby.

2 Christmases ago I bought her a mini glue gun (she carries one and a bunch of shit in her purse like a mini stapler, etc) and I mount a laser pointer on top and on the instructions I added a red line from the gun (a used a ruler😂).

We all laughed once someone told her it was a joke but she loves that silly thing. Awesome lady.
with those colors rockin it would be cool to cardinals and bluejays takin baths in it....maybe once she gets it goin you can get her to take some pics of it in action....hummingbirds as well ~ a lil trick might be to put a bird feeder near it once its all set up ...

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

So I take yesterday off and instead of working on the garden or greenhouses I trimmed trees away from the house and garage. The city that services our area (we're county) sent us a note that we needed to trim our trees against house/garage as it's a fire hazard or they'd hire someone to do it and bill us. So kind of them. Sure wish they'd fix the frickin road off our street, bastards.

We took down several thousand pounds of branches (large eucalyptus next to garage) and 4 jacarandas we allowed to get 20'+ high, 2 next to the house and 2 next to the garage.

Had a ball and can barely walk today.

Then I'm seeing this
20190819 175016

Bud rot. Not from mold, upper 80's lower 90's hot and dry, a bit of fog at night though, I'm 8 miles from the coast. Not mold, this is the culprit
20190821 151016

Moth larva. They don't cause mold they just eat the soft flower stem and the bud dries on the plant. Great smoke so not all bad as long as you remove this larva shit, little bastards.

I planted Brussels sprouts in the next row over trying to avoid this and it's helped
20190821 160645

You can see how eaten up they are. Without them my girls would have been their main target.

It's only a few flowers and otherwise my girl seems fine
20190821 160719

The two love birds😍
20190821 160703

Daily I bend him toward her and give him a little shake. #1 clone from #1 plant with a strong fast growing male. Good stuff.

Even though it's difficult to move around today I'm heavily medicated and forcing myself to get stuff done, like this 2 stage filter
20190821 161357

My client replaced the inserts and noticed a leak. He bought a new unit which I installed and he gave me the old one as well as another set of inserts. I hope to have it installed by tonight in the small greenhouse as well as re-wrapping the house which I plan on using to start, veg and keep a few moms this winter. This will give me another 5-6 weeks to finish the large greenhouse (8' x 16') which I'll use for flowering and hope to produce a monthly harvest starting this January.

The small greenhouse (6.5' x 9.5') is about 20' from the patio, 30' away from electricity. I had originally planned to use solar spot lights to keep the plants in vegg but they'd run until early in the morning and bring far too much attention so I'm going to use LEDs and CFL's on a timer, 2+ hrs in the morning and 2+ in the evening. Should be plenty of extra light to keep them vegging.

I was going to purchase a heating pad to pop seeds when it gets cold but my wife finds this at a secondhand store for free.
20190821 163532

A reptile hot rock and it works. I'll set it up under a tray in the greenhouse and pop seeds all winter long.

Taking a medication break. Time to get back at it!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

So I take yesterday off and instead of working on the garden or greenhouses I trimmed trees away from the house and garage. The city that services our area (we're county) sent us a note that we needed to trim our trees against house/garage as it's a fire hazard or they'd hire someone to do it and bill us. So kind of them. Sure wish they'd fix the frickin road off our street, bastards.

We took down several thousand pounds of branches (large eucalyptus next to garage) and 4 jacarandas we allowed to get 20'+ high, 2 next to the house and 2 next to the garage.

Then I'm seeing this
View attachment 889803
Bud rot. Not from mold, upper 80's lower 90's hot and dry, a bit of fog at night though, I'm 8 miles from the coast. Not mold, this is the culprit
View attachment 889804
Moth larva. They don't cause mold they just eat the soft flower stem and the bud dries on the plant. Great smoke so not all bad as long as you remove this larva shit, little bastards.

I planted Brussels sprouts in the next row over trying to avoid this and it's helped
View attachment 889808
You can see how eaten up they are. Without them my girls would have been their main target.

View attachment 889809

The two love birds😍
View attachment 889810
Daily I bend him toward her and give him a little shake. #1 clone from #1 plant with a strong fast growing male. Good stuff.

Even though it's difficult to move around today I'm heavily medicated and forcing myself to get stuff done, like this 2 stage filter
View attachment 889811
My client replaced the inserts and noticed a leak. He bought a new unit which I installed and he gave me the old one as well as another set of inserts. I hope to have it installed by tonight in the small greenhouse as well as re-wrapping the house which I plan on using to start, veg and keep a few moms this winter. This will give me another 5-6 weeks to finish the large greenhouse (8' x 16') which I'll use for flowering and hope to produce a monthly harvest starting this January.

The small greenhouse (6.5' x 9.5') is about 20' from the patio, 30' away from electricity. I had originally planned to use solar spot lights to keep the plants in vegg but they'd run until early in the morning and bring far too much attention so I'm going to use LEDs and CFL's on a timer, 2+ hrs in the morning and 2+ in the evening. Should be plenty of extra light to keep them vegging.

I was going to purchase a heating pad to pop seeds when it gets cold but my wife finds this at a secondhand store for free.
View attachment 889823
A reptile hot rock and it works. I'll set it up under a tray in the greenhouse and pop seeds all winter long.

Sorry about the bud rot other ones look beautiful sorry I’ve been ghost :)

Seraphine

Seraphine

Then I'm seeing this
View attachment 889803
View attachment 889804

View attachment 889808

View attachment 889809

The two love birds😍
View attachment 889810

View attachment 889811

View attachment 889823

That looks like a cut worm (aka moth larvae). If so they hide in the soil during the day and climb up your plant at night to eat. You could sprinkle some diatomaceous earth on the soil or grind up some eggs shells to put over the soil.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

That looks like a cut worm (aka moth larvae). If so they hide in the soil during the day and climb up your plant at night to eat. You could sprinkle some diatomaceous earth on the soil or grind up some eggs shells to put over the soil.
I've got plenty of DE, purchase 25lbs at a time for the chicken coop.

Gotta buy another coffee grinder for the egg shells. We generate a lot of egg shells and I just toss em in the compost but much better to grind em up.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

New diary for the coco grow for anyone interested: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/plumbers-first-coco-grow.106096/

Wife's new sweet peas are rockin.
20190825 142733

Shout out @Dirtbag for the sulfur tip on PM. None on her peas and none of her pole beans have PM. Light weekly powering and monthly 6-1-2 neem seed meal. 1-2 punch is keeping it at bay. Thanks man!

The 😍love birds
20190825 164828

Still bending him in with a little shake daily. Clone of #1 female. I want hundreds of seeds this year.

The other two are getting their fair share of pollen while fighting brandywine tomatoes for light.
20190825 164837
20190825 164840

Never grown em crowded like this before. Lots of firsts this year. Keeps life interesting.

Still losing buds to moth larva.
20190825 164903

Coated the lower stems with DE @Seraphina124. We have a lot of cabbage moths and once a larva finds my buds they hang and much. Had to clean out my share of larve shit in the past. Gonna get the headlamp, flashlight and pair of tweezers and pick those bastards out tonight.

Found a couple young skinks
20190824 081026

while cleaning out the pool muck. Drained it after the pump went out again. 4th time in 5 years. Not happy. Getting in the warer takes weight off my bad back and helps with the pain . Not this year.

Neighbor paid a visit earlier and brought some GG #4. Haven't puffed it in 6 months. Smell is awesome taste is lacking but high is hard. Same ol same ol but I sure do like it. Tried a small clone 2 years ago that never rooted in the garden. Some day I'll grow it, maybe.

Until next time, Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Happy to hear the peas are PM free! Are you sprinkling it on dry or are you adding it to water and spraying it on?

The cannabis looks great too!
Just dry and real light (shake that bottle up well and point up) early evening or early morning like today at 5am.

I gave up treating these
20190825 180749

just watering every 2 days. It should be green and flowered instead of dead and dying. Frickin PM. We don't eat these and they're in a pot around the pool so all options are on the table. Nuke it!😂

I'm gonna cut it down and spray the supports and fence with neem and a coating of sulfur on everything and move the seedlings in. Gotta be careful as the fish bowl is right there. Neem is safe but have no idea on the sulfur. I'll research it.

Again, Thanks!!!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Well I'm not sure although I did watch a couple videos on YouTube and about half the people were mixing it wrong I think I have the info on it here
View attachment 885083

I poured two pints out of the gallon and mixed the 2.4 grams of masterblend into one pint and then poured it into the gallon and mixed it further

then I poured a pint out of that gallon, mixed in the Epsom until completely dissolved, then I poured it back in the gallon and shook it more

Finally I mixed the Cal/nitrate into the other pint of water I had set aside, and then added it back into the gallon and mixed the whole thing well, hope that helps
So happy you put this here. Found it in short order and now added to my notebook😉

Gonna reread your and Seraphine's grows over the next few evenings and all this info here.

The excitement builds! 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom