Pm Or Mold - How Do You Deal With It And How Do You Get It?

• Thread starter DWCgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DWCgrower

DWCgrower

I will post pictures later on today to show you that it is gone and I will explain in detail how I dealt with the problem and what I did to fix it.

Constructive criticism is FINE - telling someone to scrap his whole opp becouse of a fixable problem is just BAD ADVICE

sixstring

sixstring

gotta admit,those pics you posted made most of us think the pm was so bad it must have taken over the whole plant or crop.i've never seen it so bad its falling off the plant like snow though

DapperDon

DapperDon

To Quote you.. Assumption is a mother of all fuckups BUDDY .. You assumed 1 im a kid, Im 34, 2 You assumed i grow marijuana, Which i do not. ;)

And your right this is not a bitch fest, I said i was not trying to be a dick yet you replied with a pretty dickhead reply....

Lets keep it REAL ;)

I understand loosing money sucks, but selling meds contaminated with mildew sucks even more for the people who are considering it medicine but have no idea there about to smoke mildew..

Forgive us all for being concerned with the health of people who clearly are going to receive your product and i hope to god any disp. that takes that in checks it under a scope before they buy it to ensure it REALLY is clean as you proclaim.

So in an effort to share ideas as you say share with us exactly how you let the mildew get to the point it was snowing ( so other farmers don't make the same mistake ) and exactly how you got rid of it step by step, and how your now 100% sure your plants are free of any mold mildew or harmful bacterias ?
iEDVM0Vk80yMM.gif

K

kolah

You asked a couple of novice (aka noobie, aka rookie) growing questions, got a variety of answers, disliked certain ones and then supposedly solved the problem on your own in record time. I am glad you figured it out...maybe next time you won't need any advice. Or if you do post again asking for help/advice, maybe next time you'll only get the answers that you want.

Congrats and feel lucky that you fixed your problem. From my experience seeing the actual stems of MJ saturated with powdery mildew/mold, I often find it penetrates deep inside the stems and turns them into a spongy mush.... and also makes the entire plant highly infectious ...and to the others as well. I guess you dodged a bullet.

Some farmers trash their crop (or plant/s) when PM mold hits hard. Slight, mild cases of it are treatable. IMO, from your pictures and what you posted and IMHO, it was not treatable. PM is a systemic plant disease and and you may choose to read up on it further when making critical decisions. The best farmers are educated ones. Everyone who grows MJ has free-will when it comes to making choices in regards to treating bugs and diseases. How folks handle it is their choice. But more importantly a certain amount of moral responsibility goes along with growing the finest and most enjoyable medicinal plant in the world. dun' here.

DapperDon

DapperDon

my operation costs me $3,000 a month to support (I'm not going into details to brake it down to you) and If I would scrap it then I would have lost $9,000 - so please now tell me how I should flush my flowering plants down the toilet because of a problem that I ALREADY FIXED?! I came on this forum to get answers from professionals not some kid that grows one plant in his mothers closet. Stay connected to the subject at hand and give a positive advice and IF you don't have one then DON'T comment at all.

55981829.jpg

G

Gnostic

You get It by not having enough fans.... And not paying attention...
one 16" preferable 18" fan per lamp minimum.
prefer 1.5 fans per lamp both on walls and floor.
filter incoming air.
and Oh my god pay attention!!

As to others as well as my concerns for your health as well as anyone you may help with medicine.

It is as others have said your choice not to scrap or not, but I for one drop the same kinda change your talking about and would not harvest anything that looked like that to save my ass. At the end of the day you do have a certain responsibility to the people that smoke what you grow.... but I don't think that will be a problem for long.(sorry).
oh and if you were wondering yes about 3 years ago I scraped 36 plants under 24000 watts in week 3 and a half a lot less mold then you had, so if you want to talk about the losses we suffer do to what we grow i have a few stories.

If this run makes 8 weeks or so do the world a favor and BHO the whole DAMN thing!!!

At the end of the day if you are laying out 3k a month you can probably recover from the loss in next run.

good luck, all the methods you have listed are the safe ones.

don't get mad get high

R

redlife215

I swear by actinovate now. Root drench twice a week. I promise u it works fuck who makes it. I had 4 rooms indoor that were all constantly getting pm bad. U used to use eagle 20 and it would still come back but I didn't smoke my shit. Now all I do is the actinovate and my pm is gone all the way gone. Try it and I swear it'll work and if u really wanna kill it naturally then u can always spray greencure half strength twice a week till week 2.5 in flower.

DWCgrower

DWCgrower

I swear by actinovate now. Root drench twice a week. I promise u it works fuck who makes it. I had 4 rooms indoor that were all constantly getting pm bad. U used to use eagle 20 and it would still come back but I didn't smoke my shit. Now all I do is the actinovate and my pm is gone all the way gone. Try it and I swear it'll work and if u really wanna kill it naturally then u can always spray greencure half strength twice a week till week 2.5 in flower.

actinovate - ? What is that?

DapperDon

DapperDon

Wait. Do you mean to tell me that you decided to drop down the cash to start all of this, let alone the $9,ooo.oo you say that your House of Mold is costing and you do not know the basics of what is needed to actually grow? Brah, do I have some bridges to sell you. ;)

DWCgrower

DWCgrower

Wait. Do you mean to tell me that you decided to drop down the cash to start all of this, let alone the $9,ooo.oo you say that your House of Mold is costing and you do not know the basics of what is needed to actually grow? Brah, do I have some bridges to sell you. ;)

Ok, listen Dapper what ever. I didn't ask for your opinion on my financial status but how to fix a problem, if you want to make retarded jokes go start a post and make all of them on your own post. Regarding what I have done and how I've done it is my business, unless you got something productive to say stick your comments up your ass.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Ok, listen Dapper what ever. I didn't ask for your opinion on my financial status but how to fix a problem, if you want to make retarded jokes go start a post and make all of them on your own post. Regarding what I have done and how I've done it is my business, unless you got something productive to say stick your comments up your ass.
We all have given you advice on what to do but that really isn't important now.

3697022-5161032971-92f.j.jpg

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

If I may interupt the pissing match to provide some useful advice.

We have had PM in the past and sprayed, it goes away, two days later it's back. Once you have it, you have it. And it isn't just spores that need moisture to make it grow.

We have tried pretty much all the popular "stoner" and or hippie dippie crap they sell at the grow stores with little real results. I phone a friend who grows commercial grapes and he said " I have two word for you Eagle 20"

We sprayed ONCE and it was OVER and I mean O V E R. Not a spec of mildew anywhere. Eagle 20 is systemic and will subsist for up to 60 days in the plant. We now spray all our veg plants once and don't have to worry about it.

If you have PM, check it out, you will be quite happy I assure you.

sixstring

sixstring

sulfer burners work wonders,even on an empty room.it will get into all the lil spots you would normally forget to spray and plants love sulfer.can be used much further along in flower and still be safe.

DapperDon

DapperDon

If I may interupt the pissing match to provide some useful advice.

We have had PM in the past and sprayed, it goes away, two days later it's back. Once you have it, you have it. And it isn't just spores that need moisture to make it grow.

We have tried pretty much all the popular "stoner" and or hippie dippie crap they sell at the grow stores with little real results. I phone a friend who grows commercial grapes and he said " I have two word for you Eagle 20"

We sprayed ONCE and it was OVER and I mean O V E R. Not a spec of mildew anywhere. Eagle 20 is systemic and will subsist for up to 60 days in the plant. We now spray all our veg plants once and don't have to worry about it.

If you have PM, check it out, you will be quite happy I assure you.

Man, you are just a fountain of bad news and shitty information. Remind me where you sell your shit at so I can avoid that state like the fucking plague. Eagle 20 is cancerous and states that it is not intended for fruiting or flowering plants. It is dangerous shit from not very smart people that put shit product like that in the population. THIS IS WHY WE NEED REAL REGULATION for this industry.

http://www.kernred.com/kern-agcomm/products/EAGLE 20 EW.pdf

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@DapperDon if you don't like eagle-20 don't go outside, don't eat citrus, and definitely don't eat any melons, strawberries or grapes. Avoid almonds, postachios, figs, and cherries too. It's approved for use pretty much everywhere for everything. Including treating public parks and recreation areas.

@DWCgrower I would have scrapped the fuck out of that crop. That's literally the worst PM I've ever seen in person or in picture, I've had exposure enough to it to develop a sensitivity to large amounts and I probably wouldn't have been able to breathe taking that picture. There's no way that happened in two days, if it did you've let shit get out of hand in the past and there's really not much you can do besides ozonate your entire house (sorta like fumigation) to get rid of spores (fungus is easy to kill spores are near impossible) Shit is very very bad (worse than an eagle 20 application imo) and a 9,000 dollar loss is what you get for letting it get out of hand. Growers don't let growers poison their clients - next time scrap that shit. We've all been there, TRUST me. Even if it means you're eating out of cans, it's a lesson that needs to be learned.

Top Bottom