Politics: Lets talk

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliasAO

I Feel like its very important to discuss politics and the upcoming elections here in The US. With the vast amount of collective intelligence here at the farm we should be able to get some good ideas and food for thought going. Some healthy debate if you will...

Ive been following the Presidential debates , most recently they had a debate at the Reagan Library which featured Republican candidates.

Im very interested to know who has been following the debates and which candidate you think has the most to offer to not only the country but to the people and there respective states.

I dont subscribe to a party affiliation, I only give allegiance to an HONEST candidate who I feel has the Peoples hearts and needs in mind .

In all honesty there is ONLY one party in the US who choose to split itself into [2] slightly different ideological beliefs depending on which side is currently in favor.

This party is known as the REPUBLICRATE party--- and if you didnt know they Run shit in the US.

Hopefully we can get some convo flowing and share some ideas.

Im very interested to know if ANYONE is interested....

S

sfzoo

ime, politics on message boards usually end in a lock.

myself? i like what ron paul has to say and has done. but i'm reg'd as a democrat.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My self I belong to the Right Wing Royal Jewish Nationist Party Of Southern African Nations that are aliened with The IRA of Belfast and the Comunist party for a better Republican Solution to Socialization of Democracy in the Middle Eastern parts of Iceland.But we plan on moving our operations to Florida for the winter.To belong you must be half rasist and half pasifist and own a horse drawn BMW that runs on bio-plastic hay.

A

AliasAO

My self I belong to the Right Wing Royal Jewish Nationist Party Of Southern African Nations that are aliened with The IRA of Belfast and the Comunist party for a better Republican Solution to Socialization of Democracy in the Middle Eastern parts of Iceland.But we plan on moving our operations to Florida for the winter.To belong you must be half rasist and half pasifist and own a horse drawn BMW that runs on bio-plastic hay.

Agreed Awesome.. Id love to hear your Parties "Foreign Policy"-- Since thats all anyone is concerned with these days.

Fuck the economy and the Job market--- lets discuss the middle east. lol

Whats your opinion Mark on the state of things and the perspective "Leaders"..... cough cough.. I mean "Public Servants"

T

TreFarmer

No politics, race or religion talk around the trim circle... lol:)

A

AliasAO

ime, politics on message boards usually end in a lock.

myself? i like what ron paul has to say and has done. but i'm reg'd as a democrat.

Id agree and take it one step further and say that Politics in general are made to be taboo from a societal standpoint, to speak about bc people have been lead to the label wars and brought up to believe some opinions shouldnt be discussed-- as in Republican vs democrat, liberial vs conservative, Job Market vs Foreign policy... ect..

Ideas are meant to be shared.

Myself?

Ive have never voted once in my 25 years bc I havent felt like there has been a candidate in my life time worth backing with my personal vote and name.

With that being said I will be going to bat for Ron Paul as well. I dont agree with everything entirely but the core of what he stands for and is fighting for is exactly what the country needs to help itself out of the hole the previous ppl hve gotten us into.

Im with him in regards to cutting FED GOVT and killing all the draconian oppressive laws that have passed due to so called National Security "risks".

Auditing and possibly disbanding the FED RESERVE.

Bringing the US WAR MACHINE back home to the US. Stop policing the world and sending on soldiers on EMPTY missions to occupy land or control Oil.

Take the money from the 1 trillion+ a year that we annually spend on our War efforts/ Land occupying efforts reinvest that partially in Infrastructure in the US , then put the REST towards our national debts.

Anyone making $200,000 or less a year has a tax rate of %0.

I could prob go on forever but Id like to get others opinions and also know who they have there eye on or if they plan on voting Obama back into Office.

Sfzoo... We are Komrades Alike-- I used to consider or label myself Democrat-- then I realized theres only one party REPUBLICRAT. lol

If anything WE should ALL be INDEPENDENTS who support a candidate based soley on their ideas and track record. Not based on if we are on the same political team or not.

A

AliasAO

No politics, race or religion talk around the trim circle... lol:)

I believe the Founding fathers if sources are correct used to burn it DOWN and discuss politics-- so its in the DNA of the Tree. lol

Declaration of Independence was wrote on Hemp paper.

Where you been at Tre? havent seen you on in a minute.

S

sfzoo

politics is rarely discussed rationally, this is why i feel it gets all mucked up in public forums.

you, me, and everyone else has personal, religious, cultural, professional, and political biases. this, i believe, is the core of why politics are taboo. no one can rationally discuss. they take what they know and defend it to the death.

A

AliasAO

politics is rarely discussed rationally, this is why i feel it gets all mucked up in public forums.

you, me, and everyone else has personal, religious, cultural, professional, and political biases. this, i believe, is the core of why politics are taboo. no one can rationally discuss. they take what they know and defend it to the death.

^^^^ couldnt have said it better.. yet all it takes is a FEW who change to influence the Change in many..

Healthy discussion and honesty is really the only way to change the course of this country.

It just goes to show you by the amount of responces to this forum that people would rather Stick there head deep in the dirt or in this case [ in the tree bushes] rather than to discuss something thats of REAL importance beyond a today or tomorrow thing.

I

Indicas4me

Yep people get crazy about politics/politicians,me I find it boring and dont give a crap!:sign0065:

Onespark

Onespark

Nice to see a rational discourse. Our two party system is a stage for puppets to dance on in my view. Obama suckered me into the hype machine. I voted for "hope" whatever that is. Now I hope he gets canned. The only promises he kept are the ones he made behind closed doors to the banking cartels that put him in office. Operation gun walker!? Raiding food collectives and Amish people with SWAT teams!? Expanding Monsanto while making organic gardens subject to who knows what regulations. Today the Republican party line is cut corporate taxes and regulations. GE paid 0 last year. How can they pay less? Lol. Warren Buffet was laughing at his low tax rate. Then you watch Oblablah with his special joint session and he... says nothing. No plan. Just a campaign speech full of his usual hallow words. His "JOB CZAR" sitting behind him with a smirk. The CEO of GE is the job CZAR sending jobs to China. How can anyone take this seriously? Wake up if you have not yet. He had two years with the Demos in charge and simply sunk us into a deeper mess of debt and undeclared illegal wars. More patriot act, more banker fraud, More Homeland security and terror BS. I am a Jon Adams fan but since he isn't around anymore I guess Ron Paul is the only somewhat sane person in the race. At least he knows the Constitution and believes in states rights. I hate to say it but I think Mitt Romney has some good CEO experience and is probably "honest" in a sense. I WANT to hate him but something about him seems ok. Bachman was an IRS lawyer and is a stammering evangelical extremist so she should go Fu*k right off. The rest of the field is a joke. Santorum!? LOLOL You what his name means right? Rick Perry? FAKE FAKE FAKE. He steals Ron Paul's points even though he would never make good on one promise. Heard he is a party pervert too but who knows. No proof. The democraps should fire Obama and run Hillary against Ron Paul. That would be silly. Truth be told it does NOT matter who is elected because the whole kit and kaboodle is wholly owned by giant multinational banks and giant multinational corporations who will do as they please. F you all very much. Every Senator and every Congress person is in someones pocket. These people pass laws regulating companies they OWN STOCK IN. Dick Chaney wrote the energy policy with the energy companies behind closed doors. How dumb are people really? All cozy and brainwashed with their LCD TV's and Iphones. What a joke. True patriot here and proud to be an American. Boy do I miss her. Too bad the Tea party got hijacked by zelots and right wing extremist types. Could have been something cool.

I am off to find a horse to hook up to the BMW so I can join the Right Wing Royal Jewish Nationist Party Of Southern African Nations that are aliened with The IRA of Belfast and the Comunist party for a better Republican Solution to Socialization of Democracy in the Middle Eastern parts of Iceland now I guess. I heard they have good coffee at their meetings.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Good topic. Im with Onespark. Does it really matter who "we" elect? Do we really have a choice anymore? I grew up not really interested in politics, but starting watching out the corner of my eye. I seen all of the chaos piling on. I fear we are too deep in their shit, we may never be able to get back on our feet. We all voted for obama, how could you not. We should of known, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Here's this man promising to give us our country back, and promising change, what the fucking kind of change Barack? Kind of ironic that his name is barack hussein Obama. His name matches two of the most hated men at the time, and we elect him president. Whats that have to do with anything? I can just see the PTB, laughing to theirselves, thinking how dumb can these people be. Like a smack in the face if you will. Their probably thinking if we can pull this off, we can get away with anything. We need to start standing up for our rights. These extremists hate all americans bc of what handful of people chose to do to their countries. I didnt vote to go to war in afghanistan, or iraq. I didnt vote to have a 1/4 million muslims killed.. Fuck, I have a felony, but if I could of voted I prolly woulda voted for obama. We were duped. We cant afford to let it happen again. We need to start rioting like they are in the UK>> let them know who holds the real power, and who really runs shit. Im an american, Im all american. These people do not have our best interests, or our childrens best interests in mind. It takes soldiers on the ground to topple an out of control government. A lot few than youd think. We need to do work in 2012. Unite, and we will rise.

Truth be told it does NOT matter who is elected because the whole kit and kaboodle is wholly owned by giant multinational banks and giant multinational corporations who will do as they please. F you all very much. Every Senator and every Congress person is in someones pocket. These people pass laws regulating companies they OWN STOCK IN.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Ron Paul 2012! You should change party affiliation to republic so you can vote for him in the primaries!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don`t think our system works anymore. It started out something special but our Goverment is bought and payed for now days. What we should be doing is becoming a self substainable country and staying out of anything that isn`t our consern. We should contenue to keep a well Armed Services but, for the defience of our country,not the worlds.Our Goverment should be just that. The only time our Goverment should spend tax payers hard earned moneys on an other country is if it is for a natural disaster and only then on a temporary basis. Nothing wrong with people who choise to give relief from there own pockets for what ever cause they wish but, that should not be our Goverments responsibilty to do so with tax payer funds.Our country needs to start looking at it`s resorces and how we can produce as much of our own consumables as possible. More industry and more jobs and no more barrowing ! We shouldn`t ever be in debit to any one! The biggest problem is contenued wars not social spending on our own people. If we should go to war, it should be because a country has attacked us, in that case if and when we win we should own that country until it can pay us back for it`s troubles plus great intrest on that debit. We should demand fair trade or stop trading with that country altogether. We should be oil independent and independent of all resources. I don`t agree the rich should pay more taxes on income made off American companies but they should pay dearly on income made from investments outside the US where American jobs are lost. Only Americans should own land in America but, peoples and companies who wish to be here should be able to rent or lease land. Anyone who is elected to office should have to live on Welfare collect foodstamps and The same medical as the poor. All moneys made from investments during and up to fives years after leaving office should go to charity.It should be a service not a job! Law makers should be working on amending the laws to third grade level writing so anyone can understand them including tax laws. I think there are way to many laws on the books and they should also be working on striking as many as possible. Maybe there should be a limit to the amount of wording they can use? Goverment also has way more land and wealth than it should. Gold ,land,and what not should be returned to the private citizens. If it isn`t a park or military base why do they need it? Hell it would be cheeper for congress to rent a convention center or just use a few local Holoday Inns! And the president has a limo and plane? Hell he should be lucky if we pay for a 12 yr old VW Bug! Why do we pay our servents so much in the first place? Got things jack backwards if you ask me! The Greatness of our Country is not how nice it`s Goverment works and lives, but how well it`s citizens do! Something stinks in America and it isn`t the under arms of our Goverment servents!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Its all so fucked up it will make you go crazy if you dwell on it too much. However we must not take this laying down.
I do believe though despite whats going on I must live my life to the fullest and no matter whatever they say and do I have to create my own world of joy and happiness.
Lifes just a blink of the eye in the big picture, so make the most of what you got, seek out things that make you happy, follow your heart and dreams, honesty, love, peace, sharing, caring about others, helping, being nice to one another, these are positive energies that are much stronger than all the negitive energies combined.
What will life be like 100, 1000, 5000, years from now?
I hope the aliens come and stragiten all this shit out.
Who knows what the future will bring, or whats really going on, I will keep an eye on these assholes, do what I can, but the only thing I can do as one person is share with others things that make my life better, be honest in all my affairs, live each day to the fullest, and be thankful of blessings, friends, health, and living life to the fullest each day.

Dont let It get you down, its only castles burning, find someones whos turning and you will come around...Peace CM

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Yes it does matter who we vote for. Of course that presupposes a populace that stays informed and scrutinizes the candidates...and hold their collective "feet to the fire". We have become apathetic and complacent. We have become accustomed to entitlements...We enjoy our "Bread and Circuses".

Want change? Look to yourselves. Turn off your TV. Look at voting records (opensecrets.org or thomas.gov is a start), scrutinize news articles and cross check the source(s). That of course means doing one's homework (which is precisely why I didn't vote for Obama....Mr. "yes" on FISA and PATRIOT)....and we're too busy buying our material goods and grabbing for more ever "decreasing in value" dollars to be bothered.

Does it matter who we vote for? Sure it does. The question is, are we willing to go the distance.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn it! You got in before I did.
^^^^ couldnt have said it better.. yet all it takes is a FEW who change to influence the Change in many..

Healthy discussion and honesty is really the only way to change the course of this country.

It just goes to show you by the amount of responces to this forum that people would rather Stick there head deep in the dirt or in this case [ in the tree bushes] rather than to discuss something thats of REAL importance beyond a today or tomorrow thing.
You've got that straight. However, I read up there that you say that you haven't voted in 25yrs because of lack of good candidates. If true, I would implore you, as an extremely political beast, that you've left the rest of us thinking human beings the short end of the stick. Why? Because, it is only in presidential elections that issues are not voted on (although last election we had some county stuff to vote on).

I feel you are a thinker, and are definitely interested if you can sit through the debates. This is something my husband does religiously, I myself have grown weary of sitting through debates, Republican or Democrat, as I find myself becoming exceedingly pissed off. So to answer the first question, no, I haven't watched them, but my husband has.

I do love discussing politics, with an emphasis on DISCUSSION. The problem we have is the inherent human trait of going for divisiveness. Divisive language, divisive 'solutions'. Here in the US it's a strong divisive fu. But if people were brought up to discuss such things politely, we might actually get somewhere. As it is, as things are, no sort of thing is possible. As long as an atmosphere of mutual respect is maintained, it is.

If someone doesn't care for or is bored by politics, then they're giving me the green light to make their decisions for them. Inasmuch as voters can, of course.

For the record, I've been following Ron Paul since I turned 18yo and his first foray into presidential elections back in... I wanna say '88. The only time I changed my political affiliation was to vote for Rep Paul in '08. I felt icky doing it, but it had to be done.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
In order to be elected to office, one must run!

Potw 06
Top Bottom