Pollen Sales

• Thread starter Urban Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Urban Hippy

I am talking mass market ....they dont have the space to grow out and cross pollinate there grows ...closet grows ...for u and i not a problem ...but not so easy for everyone else...

Space is my main issue as a urban grower so that rules out growing males to full maturity. That is where 3rd party pollen comes into it.
In an ideal situation I would just buy reg seeds and grow them out but this is not the case.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Beautiful male. All seeds going female from breeders. Where u gonna get your male plants? Breeders selling there pollin or clones. Wouldn't doubt be more expensive than seeds.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Thanks M yours looks fine also, real nice .....

the b.x. of this strain zazen tasted of mostly butter with pine on the back end. real strong uplifting high for the first hour or so but only one made the outdoor season.... i purchased 6 seeds at auction & made a large purchase w/swami when he first opened & he gifted me another 6 ( blue orca haze f1's ). he doesn't sell f1's so i was lucky .....

it has a nice purple / pink like your. i've seen this in pure haze male's on icmag threads...

Og 3
Og 1

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Another thing being plant count. Now that were legal in Oregon Everyone can have 4 plants all the males u can bet will be tossed. Educating is going to be big biz. Seminars.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

If you had proven males that cranked out predictable fire, you don't wanna give out pollen. Those are rare, valuable, and it takes so much work to even know if the Pollen is solid. A teener of AAA pollen would be worth $2500 at the least IMO. Plus, the way breeding is done these days it's elite cut x male. The male you have is the only thing setting you apart from other breeders. Your gonna breed yourself out of a job.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I currently have 6 boys I keep clones of.... much more reliable than trying to store pollen. Sour Bubble, Blue Moon Rocks, FloScout, Ashratu F-1, and Khalisi. Ashratu and Khalisi are yet unproven. I got a few friends growin out Coot's TO. I hadn't tried the BO, but I've heard good things. A haze cross should be tasty. As for the "swami" lol... well, I dont personally fit in to that cult.

hatchbrew

hatchbrew

I let a male bloom out in the greenhouse, cut branches off and put them in a small glass of water for three days, collected pollen each day, changing out the glossy newspaper ad each day. Then cut another group of braches after the first batch is drooping.
IMG 3421
IMG 3422
IMG 3423

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
If you had proven males that cranked out predictable fire, you don't wanna give out pollen. Those are rare, valuable, and it takes so much work to even know if the Pollen is solid. A teener of AAA pollen would be worth $2500 at the least IMO. Plus, the way breeding is done these days it's elite cut x male. The male you have is the only thing setting you apart from other breeders. Your gonna breed yourself out of a job.

That's a good point But I still believe there's some sort of market. Doesn't mean u sell the best stud in the stable though. U want to buy a stud for 2500? Just kidding

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I let a male bloom out in the greenhouse, cut branches off and put them in a small glass of water for three days, collected pollen each day, changing out the glossy newspaper ad each day. Then cut another group of braches after the first batch is drooping.View attachment 465814View attachment 465815View attachment 465816

I see this as more beautiful than a bud the possibilities Maybe cuz everyone always post pics of buds. Very AAA @hatchbrew. And your method of collection too. M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I currently have 6 boys I keep clones of.... much more reliable than trying to store pollen. Sour Bubble, Blue Moon Rocks, FloScout, Ashratu F-1, and Khalisi. Ashratu and Khalisi are yet unproven. I got a few friends growin out Coot's TO. I hadn't tried the BO, but I've heard good things. A haze cross should be tasty. As for the "swami" lol... well, I dont personally fit in to that cult.

Well u need those boys to stick around for more pollin The casual grower wants to experiment and not sort Not just space a issue but time.

U

Urban Hippy

If you had proven males that cranked out predictable fire, you don't wanna give out pollen. Those are rare, valuable, and it takes so much work to even know if the Pollen is solid. A teener of AAA pollen would be worth $2500 at the least IMO. Plus, the way breeding is done these days it's elite cut x male. The male you have is the only thing setting you apart from other breeders. Your gonna breed yourself out of a job.[/QUOT

It depends what your in the game for.
If you're in it for the money you don't want to give away your golden goose thats understandable.
Then there are breeders out there who are happy to sell regs so every body gets a chance to play the game. BOG being one of them and he still manages to make a little money while sharing the love.
The cannabis market is big enough to offer all manner of possible products and services with out every one cutting each others throats.
The only way you will breed yourself out of a job is through ignorance and sitting on your hands.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I doubt pollen would ever be listed for sale...its so so so sensitive to everything... If you store it in a freezer and take it out even for a few seconds the condensation on the outside of the container can be enough to spoil the pollen. I know multiple people that have bought or been gifted stored pollen and half didn't get any seeds, half only got a few...I personally have never had success with stored pollen, unless its less than a week old.

Like someone said before, male cuts are the way to go if you want pollen, its the only way to guarantee.
This last summer I used 1 of 4 jars of stored Pollen on outdoor plants with little success I still have buds to go through for beans but I haven't ran into any chunky pregnancy nuggs.....I completely blame myself, tougher then i thought.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
This last summer I used 1 of 4 jars of stored Pollen on outdoor plants with little success I still have buds to go through for beans but I haven't ran into any chunky pregnancy nuggs.....I completely blame myself, tougher then i thought.

Studies have show summer pollination less successful than winter.

suomynona

suomynona

Studies have show summer pollination less successful than winter.
Likely has to do with when the pollen was collected. A lot of folks do their seed production with outdoor summer crops, but usually use fresh pollen, not stuff thats been stored for months.

Got a link to a study for me to check out, M?

suomynona

suomynona

How old was the pollen? What way was it stored? Sorry to hear about your success rate bro

SpiderK

SpiderK

I'd grow out mini's in small one gallon bag's & place them with the selected mom's for 48hr's or so then move him ....

if it's just special pollen then use it as soon as possible ....

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Interesting though ...for sure fresh in summer time ...

Top Bottom