Posession

• Thread starter Limeygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Limeygreen

I'm in Canada and was given a notice to appear for posession of a controlled substance. I also had open liquor in the front seat because I was just going a few minutes away and didn't have my lisence on me. I got a lawyer for the posession and paid the other fines. The cop gave me a ticket for youth court but then gave me another ticket for the appropriate court. My lawyer went to talk to the da and everything and now I just found out I have a court date. This is my first charge, what can I expect? I had under a gram of hash.

H

Hash Master

I would'nt be worried mate, thats practicly nothing.
I'm in the UK and got arrested for possesion last march, had just bought a lovely danky ounce of bud. Only had two joints out of it!! They searched my house for more but found nothing. In the end they let me go with a "Cannabis Caution". I've had two of these now and probably due for another lol. Hope this ease's your worry.

D

diezelburner

I'm sure in Canada now anything under 3.5 grams is a slap on the wrist and small fine. Did they actually charge you or was it just a notice to appear in court. If just a notice I would say your going to get a small fine and nothing else. It is a real waste of time tying up courts for that small amount. If it was me I would not be worried at all.

L

Limeygreen

Conditional discharge with probation as of right now. Lawyer said there was a couple options but don't know what they are. Not looking forward to a year of probation, don't know if that includes home searches, and ua. This cop fucked up so much too pisses me off.

Thank you for your thoughts though, they are appreciated.

Top Bottom