Status
Not open for further replies.
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Environmental Relativity Chart

CCH2O-STANDARD-RECOMMENDATIONS-CHART.gif

Some general info for anyone who might be interested.

D

DrGoodMeds

I have a questions concerning the proper amount of Cal-Mag to use in the UC. I have read on this website people recommending anywhere from 3 ml/gal to 10 ml/gal. I cannot run my system below 7 ml/gal (about 290 ppm) once the plants really start growing. I almost always run into slight burning on the tips and edges as I turn the lights up and that is my cue to bump up the Cal Mag another ml or two. My system is run with RO, vertical lighting, and I keep my ppm's low, never going above 600-800 for most strains.

When the plants are being pushed hard it seems as if no amount of Cal-Mag will make them completely happy. Like they are metabolizing so fast that the calcium cannot make it to the leaf quick enough.

Have you had similar experiences with your systems and are there other ways of dealing with this issue other than throwing more Calcium in the mix?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
I have a questions concerning the proper amount of Cal-Mag to use in the UC. I have read on this website people recommending anywhere from 3 ml/gal to 10 ml/gal. I cannot run my system below 7 ml/gal (about 290 ppm) once the plants really start growing. I almost always run into slight burning on the tips and edges as I turn the lights up and that is my cue to bump up the Cal Mag another ml or two. My system is run with RO, vertical lighting, and I keep my ppm's low, never going above 600-800 for most strains.

When the plants are being pushed hard it seems as if no amount of Cal-Mag will make them completely happy. Like they are metabolizing so fast that the calcium cannot make it to the leaf quick enough.

Have you had similar experiences with your systems and are there other ways of dealing with this issue other than throwing more Calcium in the mix?

Rather than only increasing calmag to respond to your plants expressing a deficiency, consider upping the concentration as a whole by 10% incriments. It's more likely that the plants need more of everything in proportion than only isolated elements.
This may lead to you continuing the same CM to Base Nute ratio but ending more around 800-1000 as a result.
Also, you might try adding just mag to see if that might help, it's not unusual for vigorous growing plants to benefit from a mg supp. Consider mag sulfate (epson salt) at a teaspoon per 5 gal or some other source of mag.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Some general info for anyone who might be interested.
Whaddup UCHQ! First off, I want to thank you again for everything. Glad to see you active on the Farm and sharing solid info... This is a great chart too... :cool

During the last two weeks of my final flush before harvest I had let the nutrient strength gradually drop while automatically topping off with RO via the float valve and top off res. I noticed that as the PPM's decreased, the pH increased. Therefore I had to add acid to the RO in the top off res bringing the RO's pH lower than the nutrient mix in the UC. Any thoughts or suggestions? :wondering

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Whaddup UCHQ! First off, I want to thank you again for everything. Glad to see you active on the Farm and sharing solid info... This is a great chart too... :cool

During the last two weeks of my final flush before harvest I had let the nutrient strength gradually drop while automatically topping off with RO via the float valve and top off res. I noticed that as the PPM's decreased, the pH increased. Therefore I had to add acid to the RO in the top off res bringing the RO's pH lower than the nutrient mix in the UC. Any thoughts or suggestions? :wondering

Adjusting the top off is the right measure to take.....maybe consider an acid bloom booster as pH down during this concentration decent. Technically Phos Acid is a bloom booster so you should be all good.

Prole63

Prole63

This is question is reposted here because someone thought you might best be able to respond.

I have been having trouble with a current run and I think this is the problem:
found this info

The Claw"
The claw is caused by nitrogen toxicity. Nitrogen toxicity will damage/destroy a plants vascular system. Water uptake slows down from the vascular breakdown of the plants and leaves will take on a dryish look and feel, they will normally still stand up rather than droop but they will curl down like if you held your hand out and curled your fingers down.

Most times nitrogen toxicity begins in the vegetative growth stage. People will pour on the nutes, right up until they switch to flowering, and then change to flowering ferts. But the plants will not have used up the full amount of nitrogen fed to them while in veg and when the plants begin flowering and do not want or need as much nitrogen, even though less is then being fed to them, the combination of what has built up in the soil and what it being fed to them is too much resulting in vascular damage.

So I believe that's what I got going on development was great til flower started to show then , well not right, mediocre at best.

I am in under current ,Running H&G .I was at 8-900 ppm in veg and now "the claw" look are the symptoms that best describe my current state. I am at 6 wk on a 10-11 wk strain. Currently down to 325 ppm and am about to do a change and run PH'd r/o water for a few days before doing anything. water chilled at 65 ,PH 5.7-6.3
Any suggestions anyone on best way to proceed? Thx for looking

rvd

rvd

uc virgin getting ready to start glad to see you here to help everyone.rvd

B

Bud Head

Today was end of the first week. This is my first attempt at DWC, so am being cautious. I am running Ionic grow, started at 250 ppm and have added a little the last couple of days. Ppm tonight was 340 ph 6.1 the girls look happy. Just wondering how much to increase the PPMs? Is there a formula? My flood to drain solution is pushing 850, and within a week be around 1400. Do I push them until they start to turn down, and then back off. Thanks for this thread. It should save a few phone calls.

P

potsnobb

please help my ppm keep droping fast im using DM gold what do i do?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
This is question is reposted here because someone thought you might best be able to respond.

So I believe that's what I got going on development was great til flower started to show then , well not right, mediocre at best.

I am in under current ,Running H&G .I was at 8-900 ppm in veg and now "the claw" look are the symptoms that best describe my current state. I am at 6 wk on a 10-11 wk strain. Currently down to 325 ppm and am about to do a change and run PH'd r/o water for a few days before doing anything. water chilled at 65 ,PH 5.7-6.3
Any suggestions anyone on best way to proceed? Thx for looking

Excess N carried into bloom can most definitely retard the reproductive functions of your plants. This excess likely began in veg as it seems your concentration was a little high @ 8-900, relative to what is typically necessary in the UC for healthy growth.
A flush with low ppm solution is a good step but shouldn't be followed by the low ppm regime. The problem with your solution isn't likely the concentration as much as the ratios of the specific minerals in solution. We've had many growers in the UC find it very helpful to increase bloom booster dosages while using H&G during the bloom period. Even some reports of manipulating the A to B base nute ratio to aid in reducing available N during fruiting.

Especially teamed with average to high doses of calmag (which typically contains calcium nitrate), problems like you are experiencing can happen in water culture such as the UC. Examine your fert schedule and strategize on how to best manipulate your ratios to better encourage your plants to flower properly.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Today was end of the first week. This is my first attempt at DWC, so am being cautious. I am running Ionic grow, started at 250 ppm and have added a little the last couple of days. Ppm tonight was 340 ph 6.1 the girls look happy. Just wondering how much to increase the PPMs? Is there a formula? My flood to drain solution is pushing 850, and within a week be around 1400. Do I push them until they start to turn down, and then back off. Thanks for this thread. It should save a few phone calls.

We recommend about 10-20% increase per week (when plants are growing quickly) as long as your plants are responding well to the increase....a little less if they don't. It's always best to react to what your plants, so adjust as you see fit and back off if the plants start to stall in the uptake of solution.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
please help my ppm keep droping fast im using DM gold what do i do?

This is a sign that you can increase your dosage. It's always better to experience this drop than an increase in concentration which can potentially slow growth by decreasing water intake.

S

SofaKingHigh

Legit thread for 2011. It appears the social media and communication era has finally arrived for the cannabis cultivation industry and its customers.

Of the 4 orders placed with your company there was never an issue unresolved. Everything was timely and kept me within deadlines.

There was even a point where we were in communication daily and you gave several key tips to understanding how plants behave in your system, thanks a lot. Our borderline scientific discussions got gears turning and drove me back to studying and discovery mode, which ended up changing who I am.

Yes, hydroponics, biology and getting stoned with some Carl Sagan material made me wake up to reality (Kind way of saying fuck creationism. It's a customer testimonial afterall.).

So thank you Daniel and anyone else involved with making CCH2O what it has become today.

While currently not using your product I believe we have some unfinished business to settle in the future. (Subtle way of saying mixing and pouring water every other day is tiring.)

Rock on!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

UC changed your life but your trying to get away from working with water? its tiresome?

Nothings more important in life then rezz mgmt.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Actually, I think he's stating that res changes in the UC are the easiest amongst the different hydro systems as compared to mixing and hand watering coco... At least that's how I feel... IMHO :thinking

P.S. Automated Coco DTW with drip line manifolds are my second fav system to the UC... :cool

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Shady, we've got the CC OG soilless drip based system dropping within the next few months so hopefully we'll soon occupy your fav and 2nd fav ranking for systems.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady, we've got the CC OG soilless drip based system dropping within the next few months so hopefully we'll soon occupy your fav and 2nd fav ranking for systems.
Sounds awesome! I'd love to test it out... Got a nice spot next to my UC ready... :nod

B

Bud Head

Put me on your list of Beta testers. I have a spot right next to my 16 shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom