Post UC Questions and Concerns Here

• Thread starter UCHQ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dirk d

dirk d

hi im setting up a new grow room. im a legal grower and plant # are very important to me. im looking to go with vertical lighting in a 10 x 10 area with all the trimmings. was thinking about a 4xl or a 6xl for this space on maybe 40" or 30" centers. im going for yield mostly. just thinking what your thoughts are on this.

also im an organic grower and have had excellent results with the botanicare pure blend pro lineup. i dont read about anyone using organic nutes. will this work in your system? thanks.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

hi im setting up a new grow room. im a legal grower and plant # are very important to me. im looking to go with vertical lighting in a 10 x 10 area with all the trimmings. was thinking about a 4xl or a 6xl for this space on maybe 40" or 30" centers. im going for yield mostly. just thinking what your thoughts are on this.

also im an organic grower and have had excellent results with the botanicare pure blend pro lineup. i dont read about anyone using organic nutes. will this work in your system? thanks.

pbp UC:

Onespark

Onespark

I am in under current ,Running H&G .I was at 8-900 ppm in veg and now "the claw" look are the symptoms that best describe my current state. I am at 6 wk on a 10-11 wk strain. Currently down to 325 ppm and am about to do a change and run PH'd r/o water for a few days before doing anything. water chilled at 65 ,PH 5.7-6.3
Any suggestions anyone on best way to proceed? Thx for looking

I did that too when I started using the UC. I ditched the HG right away as it only worked well for me during veg in there. I know you can drop one of the parts in flower with better results but I just switched to something more stable. I would only be at 600 PPM or slightly more at start of week 6. Solved the claw right away. 8-900 had me clawing out like crazy. My plants turn out 100% higher quality, denser, and better smelling with the much lower nutrient program.

THANKS UCHQ. Appreciate you being here. Helpful for everyone.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I did that too when I started using the UC. I ditched the HG right away as it only worked well for me during veg in there. I know you can drop one of the parts in flower with better results but I just switched to something more stable. I would only be at 600 PPM or slightly more at start of week 6. Solved the claw right away. 8-900 had me clawing out like crazy. My plants turn out 100% higher quality, denser, and better smelling with the much lower nutrient program.

THANKS UCHQ. Appreciate you being here. Helpful for everyone.

900 in veg no matter how big is waayyyyy too much I veg 1ft+ plants at like 300 or 400... Hg drifts a little in my setup ph wise but the quality is there... I'm in week 4 bloom sitting at 910 ppm right now with no claw issues what so ever... Just keep your ph in check and Hg will do you good...

D

DrGoodMeds

How often do you recommend res changes? Have people had success extending res life by running it live, then sterile, then changing and repeating?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter

4XXL13, ordered boneless (w/o PVC) so you can space it a 50" centers....run 5X 1000 watt vert.

As for organics....as you likely know, PBP isn't really 100% organic, probably more like 70% organic, 30% chelated synthetic. It is one of the few nutes with organic inputs that is compatible with the UC when nutes and system are operated properly.

T

themeangreen23

whats up uchq very happy to have u here, just a quick question i have been having real trouble with my ph fluctuating and cant seem to dial it in any suggestions? was thinking about buying a aquarium ph doser good idea? should i hook it up to rez or epi? i have a 12 site 13 gal system 55 gal rez running 1/4 horse chiller through system 1/4 horse through rez also its also my first run with the system thanks a bunch

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

4XXL13, ordered boneless (w/o PVC) so you can space it a 50" centers....run 5X 1000 watt vert.

As for organics....as you likely know, PBP isn't really 100% organic, probably more like 70% organic, 30% chelated synthetic. It is one of the few nutes with organic inputs that is compatible with the UC when nutes and system are operated properly.
You would probably have to do complete nute changes every week or so with pbp I assume... I did pbp in dwc and it was a nightmare that's why I jumped on hg and haven't looked back since. IMO pbp works awesome in the dirt and maybe even some hydro but my personal experiences with it in dwc has not been a good one. I do like as though and their calmag. I have also seen pbp spit out some of the prettiest mint looking leaves in the world when everything was going good which usually didn't last very long lol. Idk though I'm a better grower now because of pbp though. Try it let us know how it works out.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pbp lasts every bit as long if not longer then any other line in the UC... I have 0 complaints, though i like the H&G as well.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
whats up uchq very happy to have u here, just a quick question i have been having real trouble with my ph fluctuating and cant seem to dial it in any suggestions? was thinking about buying a aquarium ph doser good idea? should i hook it up to rez or epi? i have a 12 site 13 gal system 55 gal rez running 1/4 horse chiller through system 1/4 horse through rez also its also my first run with the system thanks a bunch

pH fluctuations are usually associated with the nutrient combo you're mixing...what is the recipe? And yes on the pH doser as it can make life easier.

You generally don't need to chill your top off res as it doesn't exchange with the plant roots and as a result doesn't need chilling. Maybe only if you've made a new nute you're planning on changing out into the system within a short time frame.

dirk d

dirk d

thanks for all the input guys. im really looking forward to setting up my new room. i will be sure to put in a grow journal. Im an organic minded person and i want my meds to be organic, as much as can be. i know the pbp isnt 100% organic but close enough. iv been running a sweet mix of the botanicare lineup and hoping it will be just as sweet as my aeroponic setup i have running now. thanks again everyone!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

thanks for all the input guys. im really looking forward to setting up my new room. i will be sure to put in a grow journal. Im an organic minded person and i want my meds to be organic, as much as can be. i know the pbp isnt 100% organic but close enough. iv been running a sweet mix of the botanicare lineup and hoping it will be just as sweet as my aeroponic setup i have running now. thanks again everyone!

I'll be watching you lol :passingjoint:

dirk d

dirk d

I'll be watching you lol :passingjoint:

lol. hoping i can do 1/10th as good as you guys do. iv only been growing about a year now but i can tell im ready to move up and hang with the big boys. hopefully i wont make too big of an ass out of myself. lol. :banana1sv6:

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

lol. hoping i can do 1/10th as good as you guys do. iv only been growing about a year now but i can tell im ready to move up and hang with the big boys. hopefully i wont make too big of an ass out of myself. lol. :banana1sv6:

Even if you do make an ass out of yourself who cares that's how you learn so you can come out swinging the next time... If your ready your ready though...roll it...

T

themeangreen23

pH fluctuations are usually associated with the nutrient combo you're mixing...what is the recipe? And yes on the pH doser as it can make life easier.

You generally don't need to chill your top off res as it doesn't exchange with the plant roots and as a result doesn't need chilling. Maybe only if you've made a new nute you're planning on changing out into the system within a short time frame.

thanks for replying so fast uc, i have to chill my rez because it was at an incredible 101 temp cuz of the room it was in but not even in my room it isolated in a room with two chillers and a boiler, and nute solution is dm gold with aquashield, hygrozyme, roots excel and a little cal mag also if needed for veg ph fluctuation is between 5.4 and 6.2 any advice on doser? p.s. no ro system yet so my water ph is 7.4 naturally thanks again

B

Bud Head

What height above canopy is recommended for lights to hang? I see some of these shots and it looks like they are 3' or higher. I have mine much closer and am using temps of around 80-82 at the leaf, using laser temp gun.

B

Budshoteyes

Roots,
will they grow into the pipes and block water flow....if so is there a way to preventing blockage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom