• Thread starter UCHQ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasi

Kasi

follow up on diffusers

I want to know which diffuser provides the best performance in the 13gal bucket.

I understand the 6" air stone is a one run item and so they are just part of the cost of the run.

Now on about performance of diffusers, the epicenter of 8 and 13 gallons use the 9" diffuser disk, and the pro systems use oxygen shields.

UC also has Micro-pore diffusers availble for sale.

So my real question is which of these diffusers should I order for all my buckets?

Z

Zensai

I would run the H style diffusers, they will provide more then enough oxygen, just clean them between runs like everything else.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
M-21

Late Oct, early Nov., we'll let it be known as it draws closer....just finishing up the details +100 other things =)

Kasi

There are plenty of high quality air diffusers, that's for sure. For me I'd say micro-pores or OS-1's....my nod would go to the OS-1 as they produce very little back pressure and are easier on pumps as a result, plus their longevity in high particulate matter environments.

S

Sam Adams

Is it necessary to insulate the buckets in the UC? with a chiller?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Not necessary, but many choose some type if insulation....for something easy consider our "Smart Hoodie".

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I just got a pile of the smart hoodies, they are tits....I'll take some pics this afternoon

Tex

G

glgl

Hello All !!
During one of my late night online research adventures, I stubbled across a very interesting UC diary. It documented start to finish and was extremely informative. Unfortunately I am not able to find that it again. Prob due to some ooo, i dont know, SD'eez or OG'eez!!! Anybody out there know coe across it?? It was by TexKid.

B

BrosephStalin

Hello, I have been running a UC 12 site for a few runs now and am having an issue with rapid yellowing and dying of leaves as soon as I enter flower.

On my first run I was WAY overfeeding them, and retooled my PPM's and hoped it would fix the problem. Currently I'm at week 5 of flower at 400ppm and 5.8ph. Before topping off my rez each day the ppm and ph stay stable day to day. If I ramp it up any more the tips burn and ppm rises. I am running Lucas formula with GH nutes. All through veg the plants look GREAT, but shortly after flowering them this issue happens.

In this picture you can see the progression. Leaves take only a few days to go from the leaf on the left to the leaf on the right, then fall off. The picture doesn't actually show it, but the leaf on the left is much more yellow then the camera shows.

http://i.invalid.com/BIoa5.jpg

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Hello, I have been running a UC 12 site for a few runs now and am having an issue with rapid yellowing and dying of leaves as soon as I enter flower.

On my first run I was WAY overfeeding them, and retooled my PPM's and hoped it would fix the problem. Currently I'm at week 5 of flower at 400ppm and 5.8ph. Before topping off my rez each day the ppm and ph stay stable day to day. If I ramp it up any more the tips burn and ppm rises. I am running Lucas formula with GH nutes. All through veg the plants look GREAT, but shortly after flowering them this issue happens.

In this picture you can see the progression. Leaves take only a few days to go from the leaf on the left to the leaf on the right, then fall off. The picture doesn't actually show it, but the leaf on the left is much more yellow then the camera shows.

http://i.invalid.com/BIoa5.jpg

well since noone has answered your question IMHO you should be around 800 by week 5 Your plant is starving and if your not using any adders I would recommend something like cal:mag

deacon1503

deacon1503

Burnt tips is cal/mag deficiency. Over nute ull see the claw. Yellow pull is N which can be somewhat normal strain depending. I run veg nute for the first week of flower to help the plant build extra reserves of N to help with the stretch and later in flower as well. But at week 5 the plant is tapering off on its need for N anyway.

F

foothillfarmin

Also just as a precaution re-calibrate your meters and then check and go from there , and as stated your ppms should be more up in the 700-900 range, of course all strain dependant!!!

B

BrosephStalin

Ok thanks guys. I burnt the hell out of them last time and now I'm underfeeding. I figured that because if I up the PPM's from here, in between res top offs the PPM will raise, which I thought was a sign of overfeeding.

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Hello, fellow growers.....i have been lurking for awhile an have learned alot from this forum.

I have been running soil garden with decent sucsess for about 8 rounds now. I currently have been looking into other grow styles. UC seems very appealing to my grow needs.
My main issue it workable height only being 3.5'-4' in 8x8 tent. I was planning a UC4 not xl and a few soil plants also just in case. Im running a 600w along with a 400w.
Was also thinking of scrog along with uc since i cant move the pots anymore.

Any insight would be very helpful i just dont wanna drop $700+ on a system an it not be good for low growing hieght.

I got many more?s but ill start slow now lol.

Thanks

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Use the multi top lids and flip em when they are young...this would be your best bet of yielding well while vegging to keep them short for flower IMO

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I have the EVO xl13 12 site that comes with a 950gph pump and I have a 1 hp water chiller that requires a min 1200gph pump. Is it bad to run the larger pump on my UC?

L

lovintits

Stalling in the uc

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I have been growing for some time now with great success in dirt and ebb n flood. I am doing my first run in the uc and it's just not working out. I have been researching and researching for so long and I can't find out what is going with my plants once I transferred them into the uc they stalled. It's been almost 2 weeks and all they did was stop wilting. Here is what I did....
I cloned in the ez cloner 60 site. They were in there for way to long like over a month because my new grow room was not built yet. So when they came out of the ez cloner they were like a foot tall, very long pearly white roots and overall very healthy. I put them in the ucxl8 8 site. And they just wilted and did nothing. The ec coming out of the tap water was .4 I added another .4 of neuts to bump the ec up to .8 The neuts I added were dyna gro bloom because of the high P count to stimulate root growth. And I added cal/mg. To sanatize the water I added 1ml of bleach for every 10 gallons. That's what I did last week and they hated it. They almost all died. So what I did last night was drain the system and filled it with RO water. Brought my ppm to 350 (700 scale) with h&g aqua flakes a&b and added cal/mg. 1.5 ml gallon of h&g and .5 ml a gallon of cal/mg. Also 1 ml of bleach for every 10 gallons of water. I do not want to get root rot . According to my chlorine tester I am at about .5 ppm of chlorine. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom