Post Yo Babies.

• Thread starter TheRemer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Over in one of my pots i have a tag a long plant. Most recently in this pot i tried to grow a second fire hemp plant, earlier i had tried to grow some other oddball plants. And before that i had tried a few different plants. One of those earlier plants had decided to grow, i just didn't realize because i had never grown that one. It hasn't gotten the best treatment and today it got a really weak dose of fertilizer (it's usually flat and pale green, today it put it's leaves up. Anyway it's either broccoli or cauliflower, not sure yet. If i can get some seeds from it might be intresting to experiment with. Maybe i can get it to grow runners somehow.

20170828 195705
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Is that day 53 from seed or flower?
Day 53 from seed.... Day 19 today in flower...
Flipped her over to 12/12 on her Day 35 from seed
Yes, it would survive .
Thanks for that information...

I have this theory i want to try out.... Let it grow the main cola allowing the rest to grow as well then just cut the main cola off and see what happens to the rest... but not this grow, will do it the next one... when i can run 2 at the same time and see the differences

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hey fellow farmers....

My first grow i ever did, my plants showed their sex before getting white pistils...
This grow they seem to have went the other way... no sex organs at all but white hairs on each of the tops...

Is this normal?
Check this picture and you might see what i mean.
20170829 080402

On another note.... she is eating herself when needed perfectly...
She ate the 1st set of round leaves, then the 1st set of single leaves... now she has almost finished the 1st set of 3 leaves...
20170829 080039

This is her from the top: (all those faces looking at me)
20170829 080146

Oh and check how she grows her roots on the top soil...
20170829 080020

Must say i am proud of this grow... even though she might be small... she is in a box!!! like a box you use for moving... haha still makes me laugh.

fatawa

fatawa

Hey fellow farmers....

My first grow i ever did, my plants showed their sex before getting white pistils...
This grow they seem to have went the other way... no sex organs at all but white hairs on each of the tops...

Is this normal?
View attachment 734944
She ate the 1st set of round leaves, then the 1st set of single leaves... now she has almost finished the 1st set of 3 leaves...
View attachment 734942
View attachment 734943
View attachment 734941

Must say i am proud of this grow... even though she might be small... she is in a box!!! like a box you use for moving... haha still makes me laugh.
thats normal on the pistils with some strains,n the root things is fairly common too.i drop n raise my levels n dwc basicaly mimicking what u hav exept n water.i forget that actual term for it i think it "root hardening" technique.an old timer taught it to me.nxt time u want it n veg n u will get crazy growth from it.purposely neglect to top layer basicaly.let it go couple wks like that n throw a top layer over it.idk how much benifit it has n flower since there not focusd on roots but it def wont hurt u

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

thats normal on the pistils with some strains,n the root things is fairly common too.i drop n raise my levels n dwc basicaly mimicking what u hav exept n water.i forget that actual term for it i think it "root hardening" technique.an old timer taught it to me.nxt time u want it n veg n u will get crazy growth from it.purposely neglect to top layer basicaly.let it go couple wks like that n throw a top layer over it.idk how much benifit it has n flower since there not focusd on roots but it def wont hurt u
Thanks for the fast reply... Yeah the roots in my pot at the moment have grown throughout the whole pot as i see the root tips showing themselves out the bottom breathing holes in the pot...
My previous batch did the same thing, but i was never worried as the roots became hard but were still growing on the soil...
From seed (about half of the pot is in soil only) when they grow up and leave a gap between the leaves and the soil... i always top the soil off till it hits the leaves... then it grows away from the soil again.... i do this till i fill the pot with soil. Think i missed a last topping though lol.
Very nice looking plants you have there... Great growing space 2...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

no real need.defol and lst.no recovery time.i personaly only top wen i get a stretcher.hack its head off to slow it down
Perfect... thank you... I was doing some browsing and saw a post some guy made ages ago... He basically said he takes off the fan leaves to slow down the stretch... Not sure how true that is, but i did that to the main cola and it still grew tall... have thought of snapping (bending it over) but was to afraid...

fatawa

fatawa

Perfect... thank you... I was doing some browsing and saw a post some guy made ages ago... He basically said he takes off the fan leaves to slow down the stretch... Not sure how true that is, but i did that to the main cola and it still grew tall... have thought of snapping (bending it over) but was to afraid...
u can.i do.i knuckle til bout wk4 of flip,lst threw wk 7.the knuckling part requires delicate pimp hand that late n game,theres no time to recover at after wk4 as plant is focusd on budsites

fatawa

fatawa

He basically said he takes off the fan leaves to slow down the stretch.
na not really.defol makes them explode by replacing fans.so it really stretchs yur plant out usualy(sativa dom) or gives u a bouquet look on a heavy indica.u can switch to bloom nutes a wk b4 u flip(low dose so you dnt throw yur ph off),or add mh light threw stretch,or 6500k.lst/trellis is best way imo to control height.

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Hey fellow farmers....

Is this normal?
View attachment 734944
View attachment 734942
View attachment 734943
View attachment 734941

Yes. I have grown quite a few plants like that. That's what i'm waiting to see now :p

BudBogart

BudBogart

Day 53 from seed.... Day 19 today in flower...
Flipped her over to 12/12 on her Day 35 from seed

Thanks for that information...

I have this theory i want to try out.... Let it grow the main cola allowing the rest to grow as well then just cut the main cola off and see what happens to the rest... but not this grow, will do it the next one... when i can run 2 at the same time and see the differences

Have you experimented with super cropping? In this case, you would just bend the main cola down by squeezing the stem between thumb and finger. The main cola would be damaged, but should recover, meanwhile the rest of the plant tries to become the new main cola while the original spends a couple days recovering.
This method is usually applied before starting to flower, but it should still work.
If you just cut the main cola the plants energy will be diverted to the lesser colas, but you will never know how much more that main cola would have packed on.

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Feeling better. Ended up sick yesterday. All around bad day, but today is already going better then yesterday.
I didn't water as much as i should've yesterday and oddball suffered a little bit. But he should be fine. Plus the colloidal silver seems to be working.
The fire hemp is filling out nicely. It didn't care about yesterday (dosen't surprise me, very good leaves on this one.)

The pink kush got the most water yesterday and it's doing fine.
I actually want to go down to the cloning store and get a panama red plant and a knock out kush.

And i found some info on how to make your own blunt wraps from the leaves of weed plants and i was curious. Has anyone reading ever made your own, are intrested, or it sounds weird. We both used to work somewhere where they made paper by the same process as the one i found, so i should be good. Might have enough for a few sheets. Might make some grape and some blackberry flavored (oooo, and banana. My favorite flavor that barely gets made.)

20170829 065253
20170829 065131
20170829 065124
20170829 065112
20170829 064906
20170829 064816
20170829 064827
Top Bottom