Post Your Critter Pics Here!

• Thread starter Deadsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jipp

jipp

here is one from the desert.. he was on my front door step trying to warm up, he was rather sluggish when i took this picture. normally i get rattle snakes but this time i came across this big fat fella.

chris,.

Dragon
Deadsy

Deadsy

So i'll have to learn from you some camera skills, here's the scoop, i have a 6 inch thick foam insulated basement,where i collected 6 bags of dry dead leaves from 6 individual species of trees in my area. All hardwoods with the exception of boxelder(trash tree imho) i have them slowly breaking down in my basement with red wigglers, there's a couple beetles roaming around. I took a scope to it last month and the middle is hot as a fresh turd so the life there was thriving. Lots of tiny shitheads too, I dare not say the word(borg) and curse myself but before ANY of that comes upstairs id like to see if i could take pics and have you help identify some of these little ones! Last thing i need is to bring in the badboys of miteville!
I'll do my best to help research whatever you capture. But I'm no expert.

Deadsy

Deadsy

here is one from the desert.. he was on my front door step trying to warm up, he was rather sluggish when i took this picture. normally i get rattle snakes but this time i came across this big fat fella.

chris,.
Wow I've never seen a Gila monster in the wild! We don't have em around here. That is cool as hell!

Deadsy

Deadsy

So i'll have to learn from you some camera skills, here's the scoop, i have a 6 inch thick foam insulated basement,where i collected 6 bags of dry dead leaves from 6 individual species of trees in my area. All hardwoods with the exception of boxelder(trash tree imho) i have them slowly breaking down in my basement with red wigglers, there's a couple beetles roaming around. I took a scope to it last month and the middle is hot as a fresh turd so the life there was thriving. Lots of tiny shitheads too, I dare not say the word(borg) and curse myself but before ANY of that comes upstairs id like to see if i could take pics and have you help identify some of these little ones! Last thing i need is to bring in the badboys of miteville!
Be fun to help,what kind of microscope do you have?

jipp

jipp

Wow I've never seen a Gila monster in the wild! We don't have em around here. That is cool as hell!

yeah they are really mellow creatures ( and that is one of the larger ones iv seen around here.. most are about a foot.. maybe difference between male and females, dunno ).. they do not mess with you.. if you were to get bit its because you were handling him/her wrong.

but yeah very cool, i will try to get a picture of a road runner for ya.. i have my phone with me now so i can do that kind of stuff i just forget about having a camera in my pocket.. im from that school, Polaroid was about as portable as you got. hah

rattle snakes are the ones i look out for. one bite from one of them pricks and i would be in bad shape.. health just not good enough to deal with poison. laugh

bark scorpions are cool, but if you wear shoes you have to look every morning for them.. they sting like a big ass bubble bee.. black light to find them at night they glow like a mofo.

but in general if you ditch shoes for sandals like you should in the desert anyhow, you good to go for most critters. heh.

oh yeah, a brown recluse almost took my step dad out.. and he is a big man six foot six etc. he was in the hospital for 6 months.. crazy what a little spider can.

chris.

chris.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I got a basic jewlers loupe, think its x30 or x40. cheapo from amazon! I had a buddy i served with who had a sibling get bit but a gila ....Gotta be my favorite desert dweller by far!
speaking of rattlesnakes where ya dont expect em.

Rattlesnakepeppers

Deadsy

Deadsy

yeah they are really mellow creatures ( and that is one of the larger ones iv seen around here.. most are about a foot.. maybe difference between male and females, dunno ).. they do not mess with you.. if you were to get bit its because you were handling him/her wrong.

but yeah very cool, i will try to get a picture of a road runner for ya.. i have my phone with me now so i can do that kind of stuff i just forget about having a camera in my pocket.. im from that school, Polaroid was about as portable as you got. hah

rattle snakes are the ones i look out for. one bite from one of them pricks and i would be in bad shape.. health just not good enough to deal with poison. laugh

bark scorpions are cool, but if you wear shoes you have to look every morning for them.. they sting like a big ass bubble bee.. black light to find them at night they glow like a mofo.

but in general if you ditch shoes for sandals like you should in the desert anyhow, you good to go for most critters. heh.

oh yeah, a brown recluse almost took my step dad out.. and he is a big man six foot six etc. he was in the hospital for 6 months.. crazy what a little spider can.

chris.

chris.
The only desert like enviorment ive actually explored on foot was southern Colorado and northern New Mexico and all we did there was shoot prairie dogs that had fleas with the bubonic plague. Crazy sounding huh. Don't know if that counts. Always wanted to see a gila or a horned toad. We got hella rattlers here along with almost every other poisonous North American snake bunch of cottonmouths copperhead and timber rattlers. That's the south for you. A girl my class in school was bit by a brow recluse and has a huge scar on her leg where it rotted. Like to see a pic of one of those scorpions you talked about!

Deadsy

Deadsy

Lol looks like she's daring someone to pick that pepper.
I just have a cheap Amazon handheld microscope myself. My brother has a electron microscope that hooks up to his tv,computer, whatever else. You would be amazed at a close up of the little critters on your skin, in your spit, swab off of the toilet bowl. The nasty fucker showed me a slide that he prepared. Just told me it was a sample of his lol didn't take long to figure out what the little tadpole looking things were. Lol he drinks a lot and tokes maybe that why they looked so slow and lost just kind of kept knocking into each other.lol

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Lmao one time in school i told my organic chem professor that public bathroom door handles scare me.......he told three of us to clip our fingernails and scoped them..........omfg dude!

jipp

jipp

ill try to get a picture for ya next time i see one.. just the other day i woke up to this huge ass tranchula.. had to be 10" was a huge girl i believe on her way looking for a mate.. was right after a rain storm, i guess that is when they come out to breed.
yeah, barks are common so should not be hard to find one.. always show up where you do not want them.

yeah rattlers show up where you least expect them too.. almost got bit because one decided he liked my engine bay for a place to warm up. hah. was not expecting a rattler to jump at me when i lifted my hood. hah now i leave the hood open till its back on the road again.

and yeah that is what was weird about the brown recluse.. its poison can go doormat?
my step dad is a retired building engineer. anyhow he got bit on the job.. it was this little spot on his arm.. but it would not heal.. but he thought was just something that would go away. he woke up one morning piss blood. his scar is not so bad even after rotting, only size of a dime.

them brown recluses are no joke.
give me a hairy tranchula any day.

Deadsy

Deadsy

ill try to get a picture for ya next time i see one.. just the other day i woke up to this huge ass tranchula.. had to be 10" was a huge girl i believe on her way looking for a mate.. was right after a rain storm, i guess that is when they come out to breed.
yeah, barks are common so should not be hard to find one.. always show up where you do not want them.

yeah rattlers show up where you least expect them too.. almost got bit because one decided he liked my engine bay for a place to warm up. hah. was not expecting a rattler to jump at me when i lifted my hood. hah now i leave the hood open till its back on the road again.

and yeah that is what was weird about the brown recluse.. its poison can go doormat?
my step dad is a retired building engineer. anyhow he got bit on the job.. it was this little spot on his arm.. but it would not heal.. but he thought was just something that would go away. he woke up one morning piss blood. his scar is not so bad even after rotting, only size of a dime.

them brown recluses are no joke.
give me a hairy tranchula any day.
I'm more worried about the browns than the black widows. We have a lot of both but the Browns seem to bit more frequent.

Deadsy

Deadsy

love the black lady! those pics gave me goosebumps man, wow am i right at home here in this thread, going to grab my bean bag! lol.
Yeah I could hang out all day! Unfortunately I probably need to get back to work. Damn hands keep coming up to my truck needing shit. Hell the hydrocarbons have been down there for millions of years what's a few more days lol. Guess the investors want to turn a profit. Greedy bastards! Check in later.

Top Bottom