Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunGrown

SunGrown

hd peat is not a good choice, the ph is very unstable and drops very quickly, it is fine to mix it in with another base though

Patanjali

Patanjali

hd peat is not a good choice, the ph is very unstable and drops very quickly, it is fine to mix it in with another base though
With much respect, I disagree. How is the pH unstable? We are talking about putting it in an organic mix right? I would much prefer a nice living peat over a run through the kiln for cheaper shipping promix. Promix is a lesser product imho.

spacebomb

spacebomb

^ my canna soil.terra pro + is ,pretty much that:(^. b eh:-). not peat tho.its very enviorementally ,unsound aswrell ya know! peat takes thousands of yrs to grow!.now im rambling on:-)lets know how it works p.
space

spacebomb

spacebomb

I think this sounds pretty good.
I'm voting for skipping the Promix, going to Home Cheapo or Blowe's and grabbing some OMRI Peat moss for about $12 (think that's what I paid) for 3 cu ft. Take the cash you save, buy yourself a big bag of mycorrhizae (personally, I like mykos from xtreme gardening, but there are a lot of good ones out there), some aeration (pumice, lava rock, scoria, rice hulls, bio char, perlite, whatever floats your boat) - use that for your base. Save some cash, and end up with a better media imho. Maybe this has already been discussed here. If so I apologize.

Stoned and rambling,
Peace
P-

Patanjali

Patanjali

I agree Space, my understanding is peat is quite limited. Old habits die hard, but I am slowing adding other materials into my mixes so I can use less peat. I'm just saying, I ain't tellin' ;)

spacebomb

spacebomb

well thats what the farms for mate eh! aahh they ,say, its limited.so is oil! but that dont stop us sucking the wellS DRY eh bro!its a shame but nearly every big co uses if.canna. even brag that theirs is ,white irish peat bog m,? + its like the rarest shit there is?idk but what can ya do?i mean to cut the use of limited, items down?ive made super soil +?well u still have to use 400ls of soil!so what now! go hydro!reuse soil?.
I agree Space, my understanding is peat is quite limited. Old habits die hard, but I am slowing adding other materials into my mixes so I can use less peat. I'm just saying, I ain't tellin' ;)

spacebomb

spacebomb

im ALL for renewables etc .but im a soil grower so! yea i add guano,castings.perlite+hydroton to cut down on soil.i even lay about 2,l of hydroroks on bases of pots+ A inch or so on the top just for aeration + it really keeps the dust of soil DOWN.GOOD TIP FOR YA:-) if ur allways sweeping ur tent,area out.that cuts it to a twice weekly job!not daily.

Patanjali

Patanjali

Yessir, I reuse my soil. I figure if I throw it outside then some plant outside grows in it right? :p

I don't add guanos, nothing against them, just not my preference. I'm a big fan of vermicompost and getting some good humus in your soil (I ain't talking Atheno's, and I ain't talking about Leonardite ;) ) I'm trying to track down some good pumice to add for aeration. It's a pain in the arse to break up this lava rock with a hammer!

Peace,
P-

spacebomb

spacebomb

yeah i suppose
im scared of ? actually nowt.i dont even know WHY i dont?just i allways read .start with new!dont risk such + such for a few quid! but im organic.95+%.anyway eh.and NO bugs or mold or shite like that eh.i could reuse it!.

SunGrown

SunGrown

all I know is from my personal experience, and plants that I grew in hd peat alone as the main base were smaller and yellower that in sunshine or promix brands.

so everyone is clear here, sunshine and promix are peat based, but better for growing plants than home depots peat. It is a simple fact if you have grown in both side by side.

and yes, reuse your soil.

spacebomb

spacebomb

should i do? before i reuse?obviously get rid of any roots if theres any+? enzyme flush.
all I know is from my personal experience, and plants that I grew in hd peat alone as the main base were smaller and yellower that in sunshine or promix brands.

so everyone is clear here, sunshine and promix are peat based, but better for growing plants than home depots peat. It is a simple fact if you have grown in both side by side.

and yes, reuse your soil.

SunGrown

SunGrown

honestly, all I do is pull the main root ball sometime in december or jan after the rains so it pulls easier

I think my fungi and bacteria in the soil do most of the break down of everything else, but if you aren't sure then yeah you can use an enzyme product to facilitate an acceleration.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Im using M3 soil mix, too old and fcked up to be mixing my own soil. Shit works great, only using RO to water, no supplementation of any kind. Used it before I started up the new room and the M3 rocked the girls all the way to finish with only RO. My only concern now is Im runnin CO2 in the new room and the girls are eating a lot more, a lot faster than before so it will be interesting to see if the M3 mix is gonna be able to keep em happy til harvest with no help. MGG

Latest posts

Top Bottom