Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

What It do slap im in 5-7gal pots mix cooked for about 1month they would be about 2.5ft but I been training them to cover my 4x4 tent. 5 plants under 500watts mh,cfl. Gonna flower with 1200watts mixed spectrum. Hopin to get 5-6zips per plant. First time runnin these strains we'll c how it goez. Gotta try an take sum pics with my phone next couple of days. Runnin 2 la con,2chems,and one strain called george Bush. Also got lemon drop kush, vanilla kush,and cadillac kush veggin for next round .btw u have some awesome grows bro thanks for commenting on my post.

Looking back at your mix the one thing I would add is Oyster Shell Meal, the dolomite takes quite a while to be real effective. I have found that although I like Subs mix it always ran a little low as far as PH for me. The Oyster Shell would help a lot with that.

Being that your in large pots you should not need anything other than good water and good tea. The soil should be fine unless your running something 14+ weeks. I would always add a little Nitrogen mix on the floor of the containers ala the Rev just to be safe. Also almost all organic nutes are going to drop the PH of your solution a lot so I would stay away from those and stick with the tea's, The Rev has some great tea that does include some light doses of nutes, I included one in a earlier post in this thread.

Good luck Cash

Slap

spacebomb

spacebomb

I live oyster. Shells. POWDER eM down and shhaaazzzaam . :-) Its BRILLIANT man. :-)
Looking back at your mix the one thing I would add is Oyster Shell Meal, the dolomite takes quite a while to be real effective. I have found that although I like Subs mix it always ran a little low as far as PH for me. The Oyster Shell would help a lot with that.

Being that your in large pots you should not need anything other than good water and good tea. The soil should be fine unless your running something 14+ weeks. I would always add a little Nitrogen mix on the floor of the containers ala the Rev just to be safe. Also almost all organic nutes are going to drop the PH of your solution a lot so I would stay away from those and stick with the tea's, The Rev has some great tea that does include some light doses of nutes, I included one in a earlier post in this thread.

Good luck Cash

Slap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
it puzzled me that he uses MH throughout the whole lifespan for the lady. As he stated in the book, he gotten better result with MH than HPS and just as slap said rev stuff looks good. We all have different method in doing things, I've never grown organic before and thought it might be different for this path.
There's good evidence that MH all the way through for cannabis may increase trichome coverage, but when I tried it I didn't notice any difference. Since my fixtures are all 600W, and MH in 600W size is a pain to source, I stick with HPS for the indoor stuff. Fluorescent lights, including CFLs, will offer up a little UV radiation that HPS lack.
@ j. Cash, oyster shell flower is tha bomb dude,Its amazing gear, a wealth of bok npk, s. And. A SHIT TON OF TRACE ELLEMENTS . :)
Um... oyster shell flour is primarily CaCO3 (calcium carbonate), no N, P, or K, and frankly little else besides CaCO3.
Does the oyster shell flower shred up critters also like diatomaceous earth?
No. DE is the remains of diatoms, whose skeletons are comprised primarily of silica. THIS is why it does what it does. Did you know that you cannot house young sharks on silica-based sand because it abrades their skin so badly they'll end up with large lesions, which can become infected and lead to death? As I mention above, oyster shell is comprised primarily of CaCO3. Rather different beast, and FAR more tasty!

spacebomb

spacebomb

I was under the impression that it did have np and k? . Its got lots of trace ELLEMENTS tho. ,? Right. ? I know it makes TEAS AWESOME. :-) thanks for correcting me:-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, it doesn't. It's pretty much the skeleton of the oyster and is made primarily of calcium carbonate. For trace elements, you're better off using kelp, rock dusts (especially volcanic), that sort of thing. The rock dusts need microbes to make them biologically available to the plant.

spacebomb

spacebomb

See WHAT i mean? :-) i. THINK I know sommet and sea just lays it down. WITH SCIENCE ASWELL, And blasts it out the water. :-) WOTS YOUR OPPINION ON MY USING FISH BLOOD AND BONE? I HAVE HEARD IT ,CAN, CARRY DEISISE? ...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
See, I have an extensive background in aquatic ornamentals (that's aquarium fish) because I used to work the trade. I'm also familiar with reptiles/herps because of my former work in trade. This is why I know what I know about the stuff that comes from the sea, you see.

Fish blood, why not? I'd be concerned if it were an apex predator like tuna, salmon, billfish, specifically because they accumulate heavy metals in their tissues. But if it's from fish like anchovies, sardines, smelt, that sort of thing, why not? Possible it can carry disease, but we're not ingesting it directly. I'm more concerned with bat guanos and people possibly inhaling something, or culturing something deadly if they make a tea with it. But, people still do and come out of it unscathed (if perhaps a little more smelly).

spacebomb

spacebomb

NOW I WORRY ABOUT GUANO.. .im scared it might get my lungs, and the reason u said. So i top dress my ladies with it around 4,5 ,WEEKS into bloom. ..SO HOPEFULLY ITS ALL BROKEN DOWN AND CLEANLY ABSORBED IN THAT TIME? ..DONT KNOW IF ITS, SAFER, :-) BUT? I TRY:-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's safer to use it as a top-dress. Just don't make a bunch of dust, and as long as your immune system is healthy you should be fine. Guano is great stuff (all poop, really).

spacebomb

spacebomb

Yeah, i. LIKE worm casts ETC. :-) cant really run a, productive, organic garden without them eh:-)

spacebomb

spacebomb

Would it be WORTH me getting All the DAILY ,FRESH OYSTER SHELLS THAT THE FISHMONGER IN MY MARKET HAS OFFERDE ME, FOR FREE, most be sommet i can use them for?

spacebomb

spacebomb

NO WAY WOULD I EAT SNALES :-) THEY LOOK LIKE GOOSE DROPPINGS:-) YAK

spacebomb

spacebomb

IIm a SIMPLE kinda guy and wen people want me to EAT snales, ETC:-) No man.Egg and chips WILL do me fine thanks :-)lol:-)

Top Bottom