Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7thson

It makes sense to me now that I see the node on the base of the trunk.

Forgive me,I'm HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jcash

The mold growing in your containers were deemed good and mixed In with your soil right? Ihave the same thing in mine I just mixed up bout a week ago. Ive mixed it in about 3-4 times in a week. I keep my soil in a 44gal rubber maid container covered. I open it up ever so often to breath. Does this sound right. My soil mix is in my earlier post about the mix in general. I also just got caps packs and extreme blend from kelp4less. Cant wait to try both of these products. Heard nothin but brilliant results from both.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Until someone proves to me otherwise I think it's a good thing
Here's a pic of plant health....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm stressing these for keepers eventually ill mono grow with the test survivor(s)....

J

jcash

Looks pretty good to me . got another questin for u my soil ph is around 8 been cookin for two weeks. Willit drop to around ph7 after another couple weeks? I added dolo lime etc to mix I posted earlier in thread. If not need to know what to do to get it to 6.5-7 in the next two weeks b4 I use it

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The best advice I could give is take your time moistening your mix any time you add water only add to we're you need to add again in three to five days and mix once a week until temp. Stops dropping a hot mix is seventy and up when my mix is done it sits around 62 to 65 in room temp....
If indeed you grow organically I would not focus on ph. And use a non chlorinated water, ro , rain , or distilled is the way to go some well water is good as long as tds is not too high then focus on watering with root temp water... Then hit me up if the advice thus far is workin for ya

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Oh ya I don't advise you grow crowded like I am in the pic and you should pic lil flowers in lower branches also...

J

jcash

Thanx for the responses caveman, im going organic this run instead of the pbp bottled nutes. I mixed up my soil lettin it cook for a month and going to use then. I thought with organics the soil ph neefed to b at 6.5-7; I know about the cation change and such just wanted to make sure I dont screw anything up. I sprayed about a gallon of h2o initially when mixed and I leave the top covered majority of the time so havent had to add any more yet. Ive mixed the soil up 3-4 times so far. (Mixin in the mold) Need to get a temp meter so I can check soil temp to c where im at. Gonna b feedin strictly teas this round with caps packs and extreme blend until week 2 of flower. I let u know how its going throuout the grow thnx again for your help bro.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

No prob and the ph thing is a religion thing for me I usually have faith that the plant balances it self out... Only science I think prooves this is from third hand for me when checking soil ph a soil sample is needed from a heavily rooted area of plant roots... Take it with salt

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Proper soil plant ph is average between water before the run off and 2/1 dirt to water ratio.... But I don't do that no more

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Not yet but want to try it when I get bored but I'm good for now

masshole61

masshole61

I'm using the rev's mix 2.1 and it calls for organic balsmati rice( I think about 4-5 cups per 80 gallons. I've benn turning the soil weekly and when I do you can see the food web branching out from each grain of rice.
Like the Scott's lawn guy says, " you got to feed your soil.... FEED IT"!

7thson

I'm using the rev's mix 2.1 and it calls for organic balsmati rice( I think about 4-5 cups per 80 gallons. I've benn turning the soil weekly and when I do you can see the food web branching out from each grain of rice.
Like the Scott's lawn guy says, " you got to feed your soil.... FEED IT"!

Since your using this TLO mix,are you using all the ingredient's listed also? I think this mix runs on the hot side,though I've not used it.Just from an observation point of view.

Is this new,or do you mean 2 to 1 ratio on this mix?

S

slap14

Since your using this TLO mix,are you using all the ingredient's listed also? I think this mix runs on the hot side,though I've not used it.Just from an observation point of view.

Is this new,or do you mean 2 to 1 ratio on this mix?

The Rev states that he mixes this with 25% worm castings on the day you transplant. It is hot but i have yet to burn any plants with it. I have done a few grows with it and i really like this mix. The only ingredient that can't be had anymore is the un-steamed bone meal, Whitney farms used to make it but i called them myself and was told it's no longer available.

It is an extensive mix compared to Sub's supersoil but I do prefer the Rev's mix. It does kinda suck when you have to mix a new batch but it does make for good exercise;)

Slap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks pretty good to me . got another questin for u my soil ph is around 8 been cookin for two weeks. Willit drop to around ph7 after another couple weeks? I added dolo lime etc to mix I posted earlier in thread. If not need to know what to do to get it to 6.5-7 in the next two weeks b4 I use it
If it's that high, I'm going to guess that it's the DL in the mix. The only/best way I know to bring it back down is to add peat or something similar that will adsorb all that CO3.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I consider ph but I stopped measuring ph when I began recycling soil.... Years back when I did measure ph the soil appeared non confrontational as long as soil was in the range of 5 to 7.5-8.0 I use to think that my foliars helped ph since I read an article claiming that foliars can be measured in roots as soon as thirty minutes later....take it all with rock salt my friends! Peace and have fun growing !

Latest posts

Top Bottom