Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7thson

So are you guy's leaving the lid on your mixes,or what?Because I'm thinking to get the growth on top of the soil ,you must be?
I always leave it on with a gap open for air circulation.

Never got growth on my soils.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I don't leave a lid on and if the top gets a lil dry I spray a lil water maybe a quart every two or three days I spray a slow mist lil by lil.... This is a first for me I had to go work before lights come or I would have snapped a pic ill get it up here eventually

Patanjali

Patanjali

no no no, not tell you what to do, just telling you what i do, reason; no space to make compost pile, no one selling compost teas locally on this side of the world, yeah when i doubt follow your nose! my anaerobic smells like apple cider!
View attachment 297033

i’m pretty sure 99% of the farmers here don’t use anaerobic bacteria but i did find this posted: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...acts-and-making-your-own-nutrient-line.18772/

As far as the rock dust goes it doesn’t burn, about a pound per bucket is what i put in. This guy Jon is why i decided to use rock dust
http://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens

PM me i’ll send you a book.
AACT's are easy to make. Just buy a bag of compost, throw a handful of compost in a few gallons of water, and aerate with an airpump. There are a bunch of ways to modify. I've been using rock dust for a couple batches now, I'm just curious how much people use. I've been adding about a cup per 1.5 cu ft medium.

So are you guy's leaving the lid on your mixes,or what?Because I'm thinking to get the growth on top of the soil ,you must be?
I always leave it on with a gap open for air circulation.

Never got growth on my soils.
I'm with you 7th. I also leave a gap for venting, and I never see any fungus growing on mine, but sounds like some people do.

I don't leave a lid on and if the top gets a lil dry I spray a lil water maybe a quart every two or three days I spray a slow mist lil by lil.... This is a first for me I had to go work before lights come or I would have snapped a pic ill get it up here eventually
Imho I think it is ok for the top to get a little dry, but this is why I keep a lid partially on it. I'm guessing you keep yours a lot more wet then I do.

Ok, need coffee and to wake up!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Well when I first mix old soil is damp and dry amendments mixed in make it perfect for a days or so then I spread that quart over the next couple days or say spraying mist every so often ish lol have fun mixing soils I didn't notice if someone answered my question about if I should mix in that white fuzz or let it grow on top

7thson

Well when I first mix old soil is damp and dry amendments mixed in make it perfect for a days or so then I spread that quart over the next couple days or say spraying mist every so often ish lol have fun mixing soils I didn't notice if someone answered my question about if I should mix in that white fuzz or let it grow on top
Mix it in,from what I've read anyway.

I always just mix my soil when it starts to get dry on the top.I honestly try to mix it everyday or two at the most.Then when it starts to go dry after a few weeks is when I add H2O.
Just saying,not trying to be a KNOW IT ALL.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

AACT's are easy to make. Just buy a bag of compost, throw a handful of compost in a few gallons of water, and aerate with an airpump. There are a bunch of ways to modify. I've been using rock dust for a couple batches now, I'm just curious how much people use.

have yet to see or find compost, except for manure compost in my corner of the world, trying not to add animal products.
i’ve done test with the rock dust, some get a handful some get cups, no different in growth really. for me it more about the future of my soil the more i put in the longer it will last, but then again i never till my soil. once my castings and peat go in with the rock dust and myocrrohizae i’m pretty much done. after that i just add bacteria and let them colonize my soil and do the work

7thson

Ya,I forgot to say that misting is a real good idea!Instead of just pouring a bunch of water on it.I would think mixing would be a bit easier,THANKS for the tip Caveman!!!!!!!:cool:

I also need to try act before planting instead of after.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

No prob.
Here are A few shots of my soil

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

That almost looks like you sprinkled some lime or something on it,though I know you didn't.
Thats what i was waiting for someone to say lol i got lucky on the pic cuz im a newbie with this pic scene but you can zoom in and see the fuzzzyness connect to the dirt i made sure to take the pics before i watered....

7thson

I'm guessing you don't let the soil on top dry out between watering?
2) I actually thought that you where talking about soil in a container for storage?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

yup that one too kinda the same concept of hydro as far as wanting the environmental factors to stay as consisttent as possible i know its not time efficient and feasable but any free time i have its allocated toward getting and keeping the soil at a certain state a living state ill post a pic of container for storage its gotta plenty of perlite and i water in low moderation slowly not all in one CHINGASO lol translation not all in one shot.......i believe the techinical term for this or best one i found is Terra-ponic and i try not to let the top get crusty and i make sure theres enough coco on top soil so no crust and dry pockets form right when it get too dry up top channels form and water just flow down path of least resistance right out the bottom has alot to do with porosity of soil....... peace and use this knowledge for good and if its not becareful and stay on your toes
Con Paz y Respeto

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Every now and then in the new soil everytime and my recycle super soil mix not as much hardly any and through veg like a 4x8 ill kill one everynow and then but never see em in bunches and even less by flower ......so to prevent overwatering ive done a few things it helps that its on average 17 rh in summer and maybe 20 to 30 in slushy part of winter im vented so weather affects my indoor.....
Im digging your handle whats it mean or does it have further meaning, im a big fan of consonance!
Cave

7thson

I thought maybe you would of said you have some neem seed meal in it.

I am the seventh son,literally.Nine kids in my family and I'm the last of seven boys,hence the handle.I think it sounds good too!Thanks!

I also believe in a higher power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom