Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Absolute boss. Beautiful dog man. I’ve also had some bad Parvo experiences. Nasty nasty stuff. Happy all is well
same same. lost a handful of pups in my teenage and early 20s years. never expected to pay a breeder and receive a dog that was dying the same way less than 48 hours after she delivered him. goes to show, even "nationally accredited" organizations can't be trusted for who they recommend.

dog's changed my family's life, though. not sure if it's the human condition or if it's him, but the way he acts... it's like he's trying to pay back a debt that's not owed, and tbh i probably wouldn't be typing this without him redirecting energies to more "just live" things.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Man-O-Man have I been busy. I finely got a deal done on a new motorcycle to stable with my Wing. I feel sorry for anybody in the market right now. It's a awful place to be. Nothing but straight up thieves and thugs in dealers now days. One of my old buddy's I've known since the 4th grade that owns a Honda, Yamaha dealer got a order invoiced and is getting delivery on a few black Yamaha MT-09's, some motocross bikes and generators. He called me and asked if I wanted one of the MT-09's,,, sure,,, how much and when. I'm getting the bike for the price of a MT-07 OTD and he will bring it to my home in a week or so if everything works out. He is also a Marine dealer so he will drop it off to me as he goes through with a empty large trailer as he heads out west to pick up a couple of new drag boat hulls. He also told me if I want any stuff to go with it he would bring that order with him and charge me 5% above his cost. Well sure,, so a Akrapovic exhaust was ordered with a Power Commander piggy back tuner. Enough oil, filters and crush washers for three oil changes, front and rear brake pads, EK chain and a OEM sprocket set, set of tires and a Service Manual. I've also ordered from TST a tail tidy, swing arm spools, frame sliders and fork sliders. I also have a Madstad combo windshield system coming in for it. A Evotech rad grille. A Venom rear spool paddock lift and a Venom front fork/triple tree paddock lift. And a few other odds and ends. I wont be able to enjoy it for a while. But by the time spring gets here the bike and I will be ready for some hooligan throw down.

It's a 2022 Yamaha MT-09 in Matte Raven Black like this pic.

MT 091

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Man-O-Man have I been busy. I finely got a deal done on a new motorcycle to stable with my Wing. I feel sorry for anybody in the market right now. It's a awful place to be. Nothing but straight up thieves and thugs in dealers now days. One of my old buddy's I've known since the 4th grade that owns a Honda, Yamaha dealer got a order invoiced and is getting delivery on a few black Yamaha MT-09's, some motocross bikes and generators. He called me and asked if I wanted one of the MT-09's,,, sure,,, how much and when. I'm getting the bike for the price of a MT-07 OTD and he will bring it to my home in a week or so if everything works out. He is also a Marine dealer so he will drop it off to me as he goes through with a empty large trailer as he heads out west to pick up a couple of new drag boat hulls. He also told me if I want any stuff to go with it he would bring that order with him and charge me 5% above his cost. Well sure,, so a Akrapovic exhaust was ordered with a Power Commander piggy back tuner. Enough oil, filters and crush washers for three oil changes, front and rear brake pads, EK chain and a OEM sprocket set, set of tires and a Service Manual. I've also ordered from TST a tail tidy, swing arm spools, frame sliders and fork sliders. I also have a Madstad combo windshield system coming in for it. A Evotech rad grille. A Venom rear spool paddock lift and a Venom front fork/triple tree paddock lift. And a few other odds and ends. I wont be able to enjoy it for a while. But by the time spring gets here the bike and I will be ready for some hooligan throw down.

View attachment 1310767
sex. goddamn, if you're in the PNW, shoot me a message. let's get hectic

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

View attachment 1310767
You should look up the S22s from battlax, they have the highest rated lean angle out of all the tires that are street legal and they have re-enforced sidewalls and 3 compounds. What it does is all you to lean as hard as you want, until your knee is dragging, or until your motor hits the ground. What wont happen with these tires, is you lose grip while leaning. Its like a condom, its better to have it and need it than to need it and not have it. The downfall is they take a little bit to warm up. Do not gun it on a cold day lol, you will lose that rear so fast. Its great for those who like to corner hard, and that bike looks like it will do that just fine. I actually learned how to drag my knee using these tires. I would take some hard corners, and check the chicken strips on it, its the area that never touches the pavement lol. I got it down to like 2 inches, then 1 inch, then 1/2 inch and by the time I took it to the track, well I crashed hahahahah, leaned a little too hard and the frameslider caught the pavement and thats all she wrote. I wouldnt reccomend frame sliders with those tires lol, they will now be your limiting factor.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You should look up the S22s from battlax, they have the highest rated lean angle out of all the tires that are street legal and they have re-enforced sidewalls and 3 compounds. What it does is all you to lean as hard as you want, until your knee is dragging, or until your motor hits the ground. What wont happen with these tires, is you lose grip while leaning. Its like a condom, its better to have it and need it than to need it and not have it. The downfall is they take a little bit to warm up. Do not gun it on a cold day lol, you will lose that rear so fast. Its great for those who like to corner hard, and that bike looks like it will do that just fine. I actually learned how to drag my knee using these tires. I would take some hard corners, and check the chicken strips on it, its the area that never touches the pavement lol. I got it down to like 2 inches, then 1 inch, then 1/2 inch and by the time I took it to the track, well I crashed hahahahah, leaned a little too hard and the frameslider caught the pavement and thats all she wrote. I wouldnt reccomend frame sliders with those tires lol, they will now be your limiting factor.
Those tires are some that I drool over. However, the Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs that came on my SV have been absolutely stellar. Something like 5k miles and they're still in alright condition, will likely replace the rear next spring as it's gettin a little boxy with all the slabbing I've done. Makes for fun turn ins though lol either way, the only time I've had issues with them when leaned over is taking a turn in the rain and miscalculating where the paint on the road was. Gotta love what they've done with sport touring tires now -- they warm up fast, last a long time, and aren't your grandpa's sport touring tire in the aspect that they're pretty damn sticky.

you're right about frame sliders though. A lot of the track guys I know recommend not having them at all. Engine + radiator covers, sure, but sliders can be the death knell for a bike on the track since if they catch something (they likely will) the bike is gonna tumble instead of slide. Basically, it's bye bye frame, hello totaled bike.

Blastfact

Blastfact

The MT-09 came with Bridgestone Battlax S22 from the factory. I run Stones on my Wing. Even the car tire on the rear of my Wing is a DriveGuard run flat. When I bought my Wing new I took it straight from the dealer in Oklahoma and shot right over to Arkansas and put a 1K mile weekend on it running my old haunts in the Ozarks, drug peg on the Pig Trail. Shot south west back into Ok. and ran the crap out of the Talimena Dr. ripped over to Hot Springs then up to the river valey and ran Nebo and PetiJean made a run in the delta wagging finger. When I got back home in Ok. I needed a new set of tires, foot pegs, tip over covers and a oil/filter change. Dealer charged me for the tires, but gave me the oil change to syn oil the foot pegs and tip over covers. I already have a spare set of S22 and slicks in the shed. Supplied by my purchase dealer at 5% above his cost. This aint my first rodeo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom