Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

My MT-09 was delivered Thursday. I wasn't expecting it until Friday if not today. But my buddy I bought it from that owns a Yamaha/Honda Dealer got it in early. As soon as they got all the MT-09's, Motorcross bikes and generators done and ready for pick up they then took care of my bike. He was going to video the uncrating and break in 60 min. dyno run and completely forgot about so he threw in a basic Bell helmet. He said the bike did real good on the breakin dyno run. They pulled the tank off of it and installed a mule electronics package so no milage would be registered on the bike and put it on there old two wheel dyno he bought from Honda that was used at the Marysville plant when they use to build Wings in the USA. Put it on the bottle and ran it 91/93 octane and was proud that the timing curve responded well to 93 fuel. Checked the compression and a host of other things. Changed the oil and filter then trailered to my door on his way out west to pick up two new drag boat hulls. He sold me a Akrapovic Carbon exhaust system, a Power Comander, ( no direct write to ecu tune will be on the bike until warranty period is over. ) case of oil, three oil filters, crush washers, OEM sproket set and EK chain, a spare set of S22 and a set of slicks, a set of plugs and a air filter all for 5% above his cost. Then I ordered a Madstad windsheild combo, Yamaha Comfort Saddle, EvoTech rad guard, TST Tail Tidy, Standard Frame Sliders, Front Axel Slider and Spools for the swing arm, Snake Skins for the tank, Grip Puppies and a set of Venom Pattock Stands. Couldn't justify Pit Bulls. While save that money for a new Handy lift. And I'm sure I've forgot a few odds and ends. I am going to have to order a pair of bar end mirrors. All I can see in the oem mirrors is my arms. At 6'-3" and 260 lbs I dwarf the poor little MT-09. Hell I dwarf my Wing. So the bikes here and it's been cold as hell here so I've only put 40 miles on it. It may very well be my new fav. bike of all time now. And thats a big thing to me when my RZ350 and RZ500 were tied for first in my book of fav. motorcycles I've owned. It's going to be one hell of a fun bike. It's only a base model. I couldn't find a priced right MT-09 SP to save my soul. But when you get a MT-09 for the price of a MT-07 new with "0" miles on it delivered to your door. All you can say is Thank You,,, heres some weed and whiskey buddy. I got the Wing and MT-09 out of the shed today and made a bit more room for the two in the shed thats not done yet,,, damit! And cleaned up a tad. Got the Hammer on a battery tender and found a place for all the crap I have for the bike. Also got a simple propane heater in the shed so I can work on it through the holiday and stay warm while the temps bottom out here.

IMG 9585

IMG 9616

IMG 9598

IMG 9609

IMG 9618

IMG 9622

tobh

tobh

Supporter
wanna start a heated argument with motorcycle riders? bring up tires.

imma be that guy but i gotta call you out @Blastfact on the whole "Wing" thing. I won't say shit about the fact it is a kitchen sink included bike, and arguably one of the most reliable touring cruisers on the market, but coming at @Cashmeh like that over a tire recommendation is a bit much. I do have to call out your mention of a car tire though. Car tires on a motorcycle is a garbage idea and arguably one of the most unsafe things that have come with the whole "fat tire" idea. Car tires are meant to run square, they're not going to have the varying compounds at lean motorcycle tires do, nor are the sidewalls designed to support any real lean. Please stay on your side of the country, I don't need another one like you over here in the PNW trying to flex your decades of experience while running unsafe equipment on your two wheels. We have enough of you here already.

Nice MT-09, though. Ride safe, keep shiny side up.

Blastfact

Blastfact

wanna start a heated argument with motorcycle riders? bring up tires.

imma be that guy but i gotta call you out @Blastfact on the whole "Wing" thing. I won't say shit about the fact it is a kitchen sink included bike, and arguably one of the most reliable touring cruisers on the market, but coming at @Cashmeh like that over a tire recommendation is a bit much. I do have to call out your mention of a car tire though. Car tires on a motorcycle is a garbage idea and arguably one of the most unsafe things that have come with the whole "fat tire" idea. Car tires are meant to run square, they're not going to have the varying compounds at lean motorcycle tires do, nor are the sidewalls designed to support any real lean. Please stay on your side of the country, I don't need another one like you over here in the PNW trying to flex your decades of experience while running unsafe equipment on your two wheels. We have enough of you here already.

Nice MT-09, though. Ride safe, keep shiny side up.
Argument,,, no arguments,,, nobody treated poorly. You don't like darksiding I really could careless. And you damn sure don't have to worry about me being in the PNW. I'd rather be dead than back up there in that looney bin. Been there done that. Enjoy ignore. :)

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Argument,,, no arguments,,, nobody treated poorly. You don't like darksiding I really could careless. And you damn sure don't have to worry about me being in the PNW. I'd rather be dead than back up there in that looney bin. Been there done that. Enjoy ignore. :)
gladly will. obviously not my flavor. chump.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The MT-09 came with Bridgestone Battlax S22 from the factory. I run Stones on my Wing. Even the car tire on the rear of my Wing is a DriveGuard run flat. When I bought my Wing new I took it straight from the dealer in Oklahoma and shot right over to Arkansas and put a 1K mile weekend on it running my old haunts in the Ozarks, drug peg on the Pig Trail. Shot south west back into Ok. and ran the crap out of the Talimena Dr. ripped over to Hot Springs then up to the river valey and ran Nebo and PetiJean made a run in the delta wagging finger. When I got back home in Ok. I needed a new set of tires, foot pegs, tip over covers and a oil/filter change. Dealer charged me for the tires, but gave me the oil change to syn oil the foot pegs and tip over covers. I already have a spare set of S22 and slicks in the shed. Supplied by my purchase dealer at 5% above his cost. This aint my first rodeo.
Yea didnt realize it had them on it in the pic but that just lets me know im not alone in my thoughts on them. Id like to get a set of slicks but they closed the track in stl after corona so now i need a trailer. Ill go back soon and for sure if i got the trailer I got them track slicks. I lowsided my last run, sucks crashing a 2016 r1 and not being able to use the insurance lol. . i had to fix it all myself. Its got some dings cosmetically but mechanically its sound. I sure do miss them tracks. Almost sold the bitch but i have to much fun on it. Nothing but country around me.

But yea i dont know of many rocket tires that last longer on straits. . and if they they do. . theres no grip

Blastfact

Blastfact

Yea didnt realize it had them on it in the pic but that just lets me know im not alone in my thoughts on them. Id like to get a set of slicks but they closed the track in stl after corona so now i need a trailer. Ill go back soon and for sure if i got the trailer I got them track slicks. I lowsided my last run, sucks crashing a 2016 r1 and not being able to use the insurance lol. . i had to fix it all myself. Its got some dings cosmetically but mechanically its sound. I sure do miss them tracks. Almost sold the bitch but i have to much fun on it. Nothing but country around me.

But yea i dont know of many rocket tires that last longer on straits. . and if they they do. . theres no grip
I wouldn't worry about battle scares on the R1. My last RZ350 looked awful. But I lucked out and found a couple of new tanks and all the Tupperware for it as new old stock. So when I would want her pretty I would redress her for a night out on the town. And even in her evening dress there was always somebody wanting to race the RZ. They thought they could take the big guy on the little bike. We never had our local track and drag strip shut down here. The bulk of that stuff went down before I retired. And most got through just fine. I don't know if I'm going to track the MT-09 or even outlaw race it. Since my widow maker heart attack and emergancy open heart surgery a bit over a year ago it's clear my brain took a hit. Not quiet as quick as it use to be. My days of blowing by Jesus as a brake marker are more than likely over. Heck I don't even know what the slicks are my buddy brought me with the bike. I don't know what brand, compound or anything. If I had to guess I would think there Mickys and a med. compound. He just threw them on top of the tire stack in the shed. My days of Super Sport bikes are over. I did think long and hard about getting a MT-10. And I'm glad I didn't go for a MT-10. I've got a old coffin tank Maico with lay down shocks on it I want to convert to a street legal Motard. And in 2023 I'm setting my sights on a base Tenere 700 for basic off road work. And that will be my retirment stable if I'm lucky. As for the S22's,,,, some folks love them and will die on that hill. I haven't ridden them enough to have a opinion. But it's pretty clear we are getting some pretty good tires on new bikes now days, far better than we ever had in the past.

Moshmen

Moshmen

My MT-09 was delivered Thursday. I wasn't expecting it until Friday if not today. But my buddy I bought it from that owns a Yamaha/Honda Dealer got it in early. As soon as they got all the MT-09's, Motorcross bikes and generators done and ready for pick up they then took care of my bike. He was going to video the uncrating and break in 60 min. dyno run and completely forgot about so he threw in a basic Bell helmet. He said the bike did real good on the breakin dyno run. They pulled the tank off of it and installed a mule electronics package so no milage would be registered on the bike and put it on there old two wheel dyno he bought from Honda that was used at the Marysville plant when they use to build Wings in the USA. Put it on the bottle and ran it 91/93 octane and was proud that the timing curve responded well to 93 fuel. Checked the compression and a host of other things. Changed the oil and filter then trailered to my door on his way out west to pick up two new drag boat hulls. He sold me a Akrapovic Carbon exhaust system, a Power Comander, ( no direct write to ecu tune will be on the bike until warranty period is over. ) case of oil, three oil filters, crush washers, OEM sproket set and EK chain, a spare set of S22 and a set of slicks, a set of plugs and a air filter all for 5% above his cost. Then I ordered a Madstad windsheild combo, Yamaha Comfort Saddle, EvoTech rad guard, TST Tail Tidy, Standard Frame Sliders, Front Axel Slider and Spools for the swing arm, Snake Skins for the tank, Grip Puppies and a set of Venom Pattock Stands. Couldn't justify Pit Bulls. While save that money for a new Handy lift. And I'm sure I've forgot a few odds and ends. I am going to have to order a pair of bar end mirrors. All I can see in the oem mirrors is my arms. At 6'-3" and 260 lbs I dwarf the poor little MT-09. Hell I dwarf my Wing. So the bikes here and it's been cold as hell here so I've only put 40 miles on it. It may very well be my new fav. bike of all time now. And thats a big thing to me when my RZ350 and RZ500 were tied for first in my book of fav. motorcycles I've owned. It's going to be one hell of a fun bike. It's only a base model. I couldn't find a priced right MT-09 SP to save my soul. But when you get a MT-09 for the price of a MT-07 new with "0" miles on it delivered to your door. All you can say is Thank You,,, heres some weed and whiskey buddy. I got the Wing and MT-09 out of the shed today and made a bit more room for the two in the shed thats not done yet,,, damit! And cleaned up a tad. Got the Hammer on a battery tender and found a place for all the crap I have for the bike. Also got a simple propane heater in the shed so I can work on it through the holiday and stay warm while the temps bottom out here.

View attachment 1312179

View attachment 1312181

View attachment 1312182

View attachment 1312183

View attachment 1312185

View attachment 1312186
The perfect ole man’s crotch rocket! Nice ride ! At 6’3” you may feel cramped ? But 5’ 10” and 155 the stock model I sat on felt perfect! Better than my ole r6 or the YZF - u guys got me thinkin again 🤔 I’m sure the wife won’t like it! Lol

Blastfact

Blastfact

The perfect ole man’s crotch rocket! Nice ride ! At 6’3” you may feel cramped ? But 5’ 10” and 155 the stock model I sat on felt perfect! Better than my ole r6 or the YZF - u guys got me thinkin again 🤔 I’m sure the wife won’t like it! Lol
I dwarf my Wing. Look like a elephant on a circus ball. And to think my fav. bikes are ultra quick lightweights...... 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yamaha used to sponsor me so I’m pretty bias to the blue! Lol even though they were yellow when I rode
The old school yellow Yamahas! This guy i used to work for, David Flach, was a yamaha dealer and raced for 20 years. He got me into riding cause the only way to get around his farm was by dirtbike or tractor and id rather take a bike. He also has a dirtbike track out behind his house we used to bomb around on until i got hurt lol

Picture above was taken at Camp Pinnacle in Voorheesville NY. It was a live in christian camp i worked for. Bad idea being who i am.

Blastfact

Blastfact

When I met my wife I was on a bike. First time she ever came over to my house I had two motorcycles in my dinning room resting for winter. Stack of tires in one corner, stack of crated up motors in two other corners. She knew what was up right from the get go. Shes been across Monument Valley on a Busa over 200 mph and been in unicycle mode many times above 100 mph. We have raised three girls between us, put two through college to get worthless degrees akin to under water basket weaving and have 9 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. She knew from the start do not think your going to tell me what to do concerning my guns, motorcycles and grows. Or you will get put out like a cat that just pissed on the carpet. Been a great 30 years!

IMG 1603

Blastfact

Blastfact

looks great. Wonder what it would be ike to ride something that smooth. My street glide feels ike a tractor but that's how i like it.
I came off a 2017 M8 POS Road King to get on the new Wing. I've owned three Harleys bought new over the years. The MoCo should of been allowed to die the last time they went broke. And there at it again. I use to feel sorry for there employee's,,,, not anymore.

Last pic of the King. It sumped for the third and last time the following Friday morning. Wing was bought that Saturday. My Harley, Honda, Suzuki dealer bought back the POS M8 in full and sold me the Wing for $10k off MSRP with no dealer fees.
IMG 1250

Moshmen

Moshmen

When I met my wife I was on a bike. First time she ever came over to my house I had two motorcycles in my dinning room resting for winter. Stack of tires in one corner, stack of crated up motors in two other corners. She knew what was up right from the get go. Shes been across Monument Valley on a Busa over 200 mph and been in unicycle mode many times above 100 mph. We have raised three girls between us, put two through college to get worthless degrees akin to under water basket weaving and have 9 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. She knew from the start do not think your going to tell me what to do concerning my guns, motorcycles and grows. Or you will get put out like a cat that just pissed on the carpet. Been a great 30 years!

View attachment 1312279
Congrats on the 30 mine have been great as well just not all were easy!

840960FC 25E4 4D91 AF64 8C544FDD5BDB
flowerdave

flowerdave

I came off a 2017 M8 POS Road King to get on the new Wing. I've owned three Harleys bought new over the years. The MoCo should of been allowed to die the last time they went broke. And there at it again. I use to feel sorry for there employee's,,,, not anymore.

Last pic of the King. It sumped for the third and last time the following Friday morning. Wing was bought that Saturday. My Harley, Honda, Suzuki dealer bought back the POS M8 in full and sold me the Wing for $10k off MSRP with no dealer fees.
View attachment 1312322
bummer on the junk bike. My streetglide is aproaching 80,000 trouble free mlles, just tires and brakes. Of course i ride it hard so maybe that's the trick.

Top Bottom