Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I would like this to be a place for specific UC growers to talk about their problems not like just in the infirmary section over outof this UC section. There are some godfather straight up dank grows from Jack, Ben and others on here and they knock this system dead, but this might be a good start of reference of people having some troubles specifically while trying to utilize this cutting edge system and give some insight to items we need to be especially aware of specific to this system. Some of you guys are very successful growers for years then come to this system and have trouble trying to adapt to DWC growing. I know this system can fuckin ROCK you big dogs have proved it time and time over but some of us little guys maybe need more help than can be read over 50 different threads..thanks guys

So I been trying and trying and obviously I have no idea what I am doing. Well some of you have seen my grow thread and being a newb it gets null attention so I wanted to call some experts in..

I will back up, at the end of my last thread you could see that I was struggling with some brown algae or some shit in my system.. dunno why but just was. I decided to flush my system and run Physan 20.. 12 hours later one of my plants closest to the epicenter decided to go flaccid on me and so I dumped the physan and flushed the whole system with just zone and tiny bit of cal mag and just ph'd water. The limp dick refused to come back and its weird because its the youngest plant a GDP and they all were looking perky the day I added the physan. So after flushing and flushing I just dropped the H&G and tried some Dutch Master gold a&b with some cal mag and aquashield. When I looked at this at the end of their six hours of dark yesterday at 6pm when the lights were coming on the limp plant was starting to look up it seemed but all the plants been slowly going to total shit, couple might not look like it from the pictures but they are NOT where they should be at nearly 4 weeks of veg with co2.

Well this morning I peek my head in there and everything is just going down hill, the roots are clean on everything I fucking dropped the hose when filling with water on the flush yesterday and got my meter wet and flooded the tent with about 3 gallons of water, but the meter straight said "fuck you I got wet I am dead now!!" So now my plants are on a steady drive down the cliff and my frustrations are so fucking high right now its ridiculous. I am certainly NOT BLAMING UC I am just saying my personal first time experience using it I do not know what I am doing and am failing myself. Something is fucked up, I dunno what. My numbers were always in check and this sucks.

I am a disabled Veteran.. I was VERY fortunate that the guys at UC gave me a deal on the system, and I was gifted some really nice clones from a good guy on here and I fucking FAIL!!!! I have nothing to put back into the system and am at a total loss of money for my time and all the shit I have in that little tent. I now have no way to do shit for myself now, hopefully I got water on the rug under the tent so I can get mold too and have even more problems.. that would be AWESOME!!! I need help, I do not give a shit what people know or think I am in far nor Cal and dunno if any of the experts are in my area but I need some guidance beyond reading some replies.. I dunno what to do or where to turn. I love growing so much and loved looking at the plants go.. this time I got a nice system, co2 more light, dual arc bulbs co2 controller and all kinds of bells and whistles to try and optimize my environment only to fall FLAT ON MY FUCKING FACE with my grow.. my plants look like they got complete and total nute and water and whatever else lockout! They have been flushed and flushed, they are not coming back and keep looking worse..

I would just strip everything down and start over but I need to know what went wrong so I can learn, plus I got no other plants to put into my system.. I know how costly this type of shit would be to a collective grower, well I am here to tell you I feel the pain just as bad because I am my own collective and a few select other Veterans I try to help out that are far worse off then I am. Someone fuckin HELP ME PLEASE this sucks and its bending my fucking mind!!!!!!

:rain:fighting0087::sign0065::mad0229::sign0055::time:sad0071::confused0054:

http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death7.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death6.jpg

The limp dick that signaled the start of it all GDP
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death5.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death4.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death3.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death2.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/Death.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cannot help you, but am experiencing one hell of a problematic grow at the moment (it all started with those little fucking root aphids) and so can and will commiserate with you. I'm sorry, that's the best I can offer at this time.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry to read this bro - let me ask you this - where you topping off with premixed nute mixes to your epicenter? did you ever add anything to your epi straight, like cal mag or ph adjusters?

just noticed this - how are you bringing your airlines into each bucket? I see the holes taped over but no airlines going in...

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

THanks SM.. it does suck balls to obsess over your plants and try to take every precaution just to have them little fuckers spit in your face.. ugh hopefully someone will have some insight.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

sorry to read this bro - let me ask you this - where you topping off with premixed nute mixes to your epicenter? did you ever add anything to your epi straight, like cal mag or ph adjusters?

just noticed this - how are you bringing your airlines into each bucket? I see the holes taped over but no airlines going in...

Yeah I know this will get me scaulded by the big dogs but oh well.... okay so here it goes.. I HAVE just put my nutes into the epi at times.. most of the time I mix them in a five gallon bucket and slowly pour them in..... as for my ph down which is all I ever have to use since my city water is 7.38... I always very slowly add it to the epic directly. Yes I know.. I been told by my watchman who gifted the clones that he was told by CC to mix and let sit everything in the RES first then add.. well I do not have a res because I only got a baby 6 system... I am just being straight honest because I wanna know where I fucked up.. but with doing that I WAS in fact doing pretty good for a while.. so ya I dunno.. I have added cal mag as well straight to the epi before.. but like I said..85% of the time I have mixed in a bucket first.. but typically always ph straight into the epi... I hang my head in shame..

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Where's your water level at?

Was up inch up the basket to start as roots dropped I lowered water to just below pots.. but since the first two weeks growth.. I have NO new root growth.. my plants do not seem to be metabolizing at all.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no shame bro - just trying to find a common denominator - this could be your issue

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Regardless of what happens I guess I will get a trash can to do nutes in from now on..

Two other things I need to do to start with is get a new meter... ugh.. money and I wanted to get a RO system with UV sterilizer.. might help with my algae problem.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You said you're disabled, so you'll need more than the trash can. You'll also need a small sump pump (I use a 1/6hp pump from Lowe's, it does the job just fine), hose-connectors that are also valves, a watering wand, some hoses. I use one of those 50' coiled hoses because I didn't know any better when I bought it, but it's turned out to work well because I don't have to mess around with coiling it back up when I'm finished.

If you don't have good quality water, get the RO filter first. I have to assume that water is as important in UC as it is in coco growing or reefkeeping.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

You said you're disabled, so you'll need more than the trash can. You'll also need a small sump pump (I use a 1/6hp pump from Lowe's, it does the job just fine), hose-connectors that are also valves, a watering wand, some hoses. I use one of those 50' coiled hoses because I didn't know any better when I bought it, but it's turned out to work well because I don't have to mess around with coiling it back up when I'm finished.

If you don't have good quality water, get the RO filter first. I have to assume that water is as important in UC as it is in coco growing or reefkeeping.

I just got a terrible back is all, not like a paraplegic or nothing it needs surgery but I been holding off, so I can do dumb shit like snowboard and paraglide before I die!

But anything made easier is always better.. I do have an extra pump or two laying around I think.

R

RMCG

Don't cheap out on a hose.
Get a decent one that doesn't kink.
It will drive you nuts.
You will thank me later.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The coiled hose never kinks.
I just got a terrible back is all, not like a paraplegic or nothing it needs surgery but I been holding off, so I can do dumb shit like snowboard and paraglide before I die!

But anything made easier is always better.. I do have an extra pump or two laying around I think.
DO NOT let them cut into your back. Do not let them do it! They'll tell you they can fix you up right fine, but surgeons are a special breed of doctor (prima donnas, most of them in my opinion) and they think that as long as the bone is 'fixed' then everything else is peachy. They *will* fuck you.

I was injured back in '02 and fusion is what they told me I needed. I asked them, "What's the prognosis post-fusion? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same shit I'm suffering right now?" Answer: Yes, it's pretty much what I was suffering then. Less flexibility, pain with movement, sciatic pain, problems travelling down the body (I now have greater trochanteral bursitis along with problems in my knees). I am so glad I never let them cut me! I also know a fellow who pussed out and let them cut him, you should not only see the list of drugs he's on but read about the pain he's still in. Don't let them do it!

I can advise on the back-savers, I think. I now ride a motorcycle (yes, I'm licensed) and do plenty, even if it's not what I used to do I can still do a lot more than if I'd let them cut me. Btw, my father's a doctor and it was his influence that's taught me how to scrutinize doctors and what they're telling me. So it's not that I'm anti-western medicine, it's that I'm anti-bullshit from doctors.

Anything that saves us from bending and stooping is going to help us.

M

mrdizzle

people need to realize that RDWC is fucked for growing plants worth their weight in gold. you can do everything perfect and you will still kill plants. people will tell you nonsense like your ppms were too high or your PH killed your plants, but the fact is they have no idea either why your plants died

Its cool at first to see how fast things veg in these systems, but harvesting is way more important than a quick veg time. you can do everything right and shit will still die on you. the only plus side to the systems is the veg time, I found bud size does not get any larger in these systems than in others, and it seems that unless ur growing vertical the plant grows to big and bushy and they choke each other out, making people yeild less than they would in soil

people like jack and ben are complete newbies to the system, 1-2 runs is nothing, youll need to talk to them after a 1ys and see what they think. you can bet after they randomly lose a $100,000 harvest they will be ditching the system.

Im guilty of it as well, a year ago I would have fist fought someone talking bad about the MPBs but after 7 great runs and 2 shitty, I lost about $50,000, and I decided that Im a retard and got back to basics. growing plants in water is not for me, and for most you of out there, its not for you either.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I have to be totally honest.. looking at Jacks threads made me want the system.. PERIOD! I should have known a $100000 grow room though might make a bit of difference..I dunno I guess maybe I can go back to Aero or just fucking dirt.. It just sucks because I wanted to yield MAX for my two lights in my space.. without growing 25 dirt plants in their.. ugh.. I already own everything in my system.. I guess I am not ready to let it go.... I only failed once with it so far...

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

The coiled hose never kinks.

DO NOT let them cut into your back. Do not let them do it! They'll tell you they can fix you up right fine, but surgeons are a special breed of doctor (prima donnas, most of them in my opinion) and they think that as long as the bone is 'fixed' then everything else is peachy. They *will* fuck you.

I was injured back in '02 and fusion is what they told me I needed. I asked them, "What's the prognosis post-fusion? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same shit I'm suffering right now?" Answer: Yes, it's pretty much what I was suffering then. Less flexibility, pain with movement, sciatic pain, problems travelling down the body (I now have greater trochanteral bursitis along with problems in my knees). I am so glad I never let them cut me! I also know a fellow who pussed out and let them cut him, you should not only see the list of drugs he's on but read about the pain he's still in. Don't let them do it!

I can advise on the back-savers, I think. I now ride a motorcycle (yes, I'm licensed) and do plenty, even if it's not what I used to do I can still do a lot more than if I'd let them cut me. Btw, my father's a doctor and it was his influence that's taught me how to scrutinize doctors and what they're telling me. So it's not that I'm anti-western medicine, it's that I'm anti-bullshit from doctors.

Anything that saves us from bending and stooping is going to help us.

Ya actually I went down for the surgery at the VA center in Stanford.. went in for preop and had a nasty staff infection that was giving me golfball sized cysts in my armpits from a spider bite or something..needless to say you have to be healthy to have surgery I guess.. Its my L4 L5 vertebre, the cushsion in the middle is completely pushed out against my spine, I saw my MRI and it was sticking out like a sore thumb. Its weird I can ride my quad, snowboard and shit like that and not been in pain since before I was supposed to have my surgery but ANY type of bending over type of work or leaning.. straight up will put me to the floor in agonizing pain in my sciatic.

Lets just say til I cannot walk permanently I probably will keep putting off the surgery.. If I quit being a fatass would probably help too...LOL less stress on my whole system! But man getting older (31) and not loving all the physical shit I did in the Marines keeps me from cutting down bigtime.. I like being fat and happy except I will be fat and dead if I am not careful. Anyways I am active I ride my bicycle and shit like that and go to the gym but ya I dunno they want to remove the entire degraded disc and DID say it may have no effect and would probably need to be fused when I am older.. for now I will just deal with it.. I have just had scary times where like say I all the sudden could not walk for a month.. that sucks balls! LITERALLY crawling on the floor like a dog.. Fucking IRAQ!

J

Jalisco Kid

Mr D glad to see you around. You know I am not a fan of UC but rcdwc has its place. Having this thread is a good idea as it will give you guys a chance to discuss ways not to have problems.
To the thread starter Spend 45 bucks and have your nutes analyzed. JK

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Mr D glad to see you around. You know I am not a fan of UC but rcdwc has its place. Having this thread is a good idea as it will give you guys a chance to discuss ways not to have problems.

??? Lost me there.. its just full House and Garden ..who, where how?

M

mrdizzle

Jk you too brother, Jk tried to warn us all but we were blinded by fans leaves the size of paper plates. Im a 4:1 perlite to coco man now and Ill never go back

favorite quote

" people run to RDWC then they come running back"-JK

J

Jalisco Kid

??? Lost me there.. its just full House and Garden ..who, where how?

Look up your local lab supply house and ask them what they charge to have your nutrient solution analyzed. If they so not have an in house lab ask them who they use. If you are in a med state they will analyze your leaf also. I used to dry my leaf in 160* for about 15 min, then crushed the leaf edges will and send it to my local ag university.
If your results are in the normal range spend about 120 and have in checked for bios. JK

Top Bottom