Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have 2 out of 7 plants that look sick any ideas?

ph 6.1 ppm 320 temp 67 using Canna Aqua

I also took a pic of the plant next to the sick one which looks great.

IMGP0974

IMGP0975

IMGP0976

IMGP0977

IMGP0973

M

MediMary

is that since yesterday, did you change anything up in your res, add anything different??

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

is that since yesterday, did you change anything up in your res, add anything different??

Did not change anything, but I think it started 2 days ago and it looks real noticeable this morning.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Whats your environment like.. RH and such? I had some sensitive plants before.. same shit.. what do your roots look like on those ladies.

M

MediMary

shit man, I got no idea...
Only time I have seen something like that in my personal garden, was on my very first dwc grow bout 4 years ago, I put h202 in one of my bubble buckets(correct dose) but didn't mix it in properly, couple hours later my plant looked all droppy and like it wasn't taking up water anymore...

This is simply a guess .. so take with a grain of salt... but i would raise my lights quite, raise my humidity, and possibly put a clear plastic bag over the plants that are dropping, or mist them(making sure no water hits a bulb and blows up)
if a pathogen in the root zone is causing the problem, probably will have to do some type of root zone treatment..

on the plant that looks most wilted, can you snap a photo of this plants roots for us.
139416d1301672301-post-your-uc-problems-here-imgp0975.jpg.att

Maybe drop the water temps, something I read dds talking about here.

You should give dan a call, ( hope he is free, know they have that huge expo up in denver today, don't know if he goes himself or sends a rep)...

R

RMCG

Are those 2 limp ones the ones you pulled up/out to look at the roots?

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Yea just totally locked out plants.. give them fresh water, and lower the light intensity and bring up humidity to like 70%. Or the plastic bag like medi suggested.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Whats your environment like.. RH and such? I had some sensitive plants before.. same shit.. what do your roots look like on those ladies.

RH is 42% and room temp never goes above 80 and is around 76 most of the time. Still in veg but was going to flip to flower today but .....

here are pix of roots

IMGP0978

IMGP0979

M

MediMary

the roots don't look all fubared beyond rec.

any chance your ppm/ec meter is not reading correctly?
its weird how your leafs look to me, even though your ppm is super low.
any NWG hose in your grow room, what hose is connected to your chiller?

Sounds like some good advice from jimmy to me, maybe run with straight ro for a day or two, see if they pick back up..

RH in the 40's is pretty low(imo), so if you could get the RH up that would probably help the plants that are dropping...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Not so much a problem but a question for a suggestion. There is enough bs threads started for personal use so I thought I would try in here.
I just ran a 13gal 24 site system and looking to double this time around. The chiller I used my first run squeaked me by but I need an upgrade. I'm looking to use one chiller for both systems (as Jack does with his 5) I was wondering what size will give me what I'm looking for? Do I need a 2hp or is that ok if it's overkill knowing down the road I might add a row to each system..
Thanks for your help guys...

B

Bud Head

Mr. GoodCat, Sorry if I missed reading it but what neuts do you prefer? Starting first run this weekend and still undecided. Thanks

snoopytime

snoopytime

Check the stem Breh, dig into that hydroton and look at the crown, my bets on a brown ring goin around the stem. Stem rot will fukk shit up faster than you can blink.

When you get a rot-ring, it prevents water and nutes from getting up top to the green, and it prevents simple sugars created by the leaves from making it back down to feed the roots. It essentially cuts the plant in half and ruins everything faster than almost any other disease or mistake.

Top Bottom