Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

~~ same happened to me but it was user error on my part =( hurt the pocket for sure but keep at it im vegging now =) use that zone from the get and i see a better end result in your future not to many fail threads or atleast from what ive read ... i got you on some new cuts bro!!! aligee! keep ya head up !!!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I may be mistaken, but I have seen plants get limp and yellow more than once in the UC threads and the one thing that is rarely discussed as a possible cause, is shock due to to much damn light. I have found first hand that this occurs with plants in Hydroton (clay pellets) very easily. It dawned on me that perhaps this is due to the Hydroton getting warm from the lights, fans ect. (I noticed the drooping happens before a large root system has developed). I switched to a soiless medium with a layer of Hydroton on the bottom and have not lost even one plant.
It will be a few weeks until I get to visit the room i'm referring too but I will post some pictures of it the next time I see it.
FJ

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

You guys are bad ass man for sure! Ya I got two dual arc thousand watters.. but they are almost 4feet up from the plants..

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Stick a thermometer (the old-school kind) into the medium a few inches and see if that area is warmer than you want it. The nutrient solution may be an ideal temp. but the area inside the net-pot may be to warm...perhaps this is due to a draft coming into the buckets caused by the movement of the water (just a random possibility, although unlikely) or fans blowing on the plants to hard. I'm just hypothesizing here, but it seams the culprit is environmental and not nutritional. The plants look as if they are over-watered which would suggest a lack of oxygen. I am not educated on all the factors which would cause oxygen to be unavailable but i'm sure there are a few.
Check the temps inside the net pots and post the results if you wouldn't mind.

A thought just hit me as I was reading over my post, that the problem may in fact be a VPD issue that is causing the plants to close there stomata and in turn appear to be drown/under watered (over/under watered plants often look the same). Perhaps the plants are stifled by the humidity during lights out when they are out-gassing. Check the temps/humidity during the dark cycle and compare those results with readings taking when the lights are on.
Humidity is relative so temp and humidity go hand in hand i.e "relative humidity"
FJ

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Is your hydroton staying wet on top? Are the roots in the top drying out?

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Humidity always was 20%.. which I dunno if that meter I got even goes lower not sure.. so maybe that is an issue.. but I dunno if it would completely kill everything ALL THE SUDDEN!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
So it was 20% light and dark cycle, or 20% lights on?
I have not had had time to read your whole journal yet but I will later this evening to get a better grasp on the details.
FJ

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Your humidity mter is broken or doesnt have the capabilty to measure that low accuratly. Your humidity is probably lower than that 20%. Deff could cause issues wiyh transpiration.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I could be wrong but I've had many diff rooms and never seem humidity stay the same day and night.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have never seen humidty in a room stay the same number constantly

I could see 15-25% - but 20% "all the time" is odd

Papa

Papa

Supporter
just noticed this - how are you bringing your airlines into each bucket? I see the holes taped over but no airlines going in...

jh, what ml said ^^^

i see the lines on the ground, but i also see the holes in the buckets taped over.

please explain.

Papa

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
After reading your journal its become even more difficult to attempt to decipher your situation.
You have gone from a living system to a sterile one (which I see as being a possible issue). You had light leaks in a few of the modules themselves, which in turn allowed algae to colonize in your roots (some types of algae are harmful, some are not).
Then you washed the roots of already stressed plants by hand in tap water and h2o2 and added Physan.
Bottom line is the original issue (on 12-28) whatever it was, has become a compound problem.
Due to the fact that you made multiple changes, its gonna be rough for anyone to tell you whats wrong at this point. Chill out and watch them for a week, maybe some weak Foliar love like Nitrozyme with a bit of cal/mag and some saturater. See what they do, if you have the patience to nurse them back slowly I think you will come out of this with a better perspective on things.

EDIT:on a side note 240v is the way to go. For future reference remember ohms law; watts divided by volts will give you amps, just add 15% for safety. ex. 2000w/240v=8.3amps+15%=9.583amps () 2000w/120v=16.6+15%=19.16
FJ

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

jh, what ml said ^^^

i see the lines on the ground, but i also see the holes in the buckets taped over.

please explain.

Papa

I thought the airlines all just run into the epicenter???

LOL I drilled into the sides of the buckets at the top lip kinda so that I can take on and off the lids without messing with the lines. BTW just looked at my plants and they look worse and worse.. I dunno what the fuck is going on but my water temp on the chiller said 74.. I have that bitch set at 64 fucking degrees and its barely 50 gallons of water in a 1/10 hp NEW NEVER USED chiller.. what the fuck?? My buckets are also well insulated and I have air cooled lights with a max fan 850 or whatever its called. I need to get a needle gauge for my humidity because ya its shown like 37% before when I have hung wet towels in there to raise humidity but I bet its fucking ALWAYS bone dry or just straight not working. Got so many issues I feel fucked! No lube!

C

crossouttheiis

I thought the airlines all just run into the epicenter???

LOL I drilled into the sides of the buckets at the top lip kinda so that I can take on and off the lids without messing with the lines. BTW just looked at my plants and they look worse and worse.. I dunno what the fuck is going on but my water temp on the chiller said 74.. I have that bitch set at 64 fucking degrees and its barely 50 gallons of water in a 1/10 hp NEW NEVER USED chiller.. what the fuck?? My buckets are also well insulated and I have air cooled lights with a max fan 850 or whatever its called. I need to get a needle gauge for my humidity because ya its shown like 37% before when I have hung wet towels in there to raise humidity but I bet its fucking ALWAYS bone dry or just straight not working. Got so many issues I feel fucked! No lube!

Set the chiller cooler, just adjust at night if concerned... I have mine set at 58 and water is like 63 degrees with all me bare bulbs

F

f1ydave

Ya I just dropped it to 60

move your air pump outside the room too if you can and its cooler air outside the tent.

earlier you mentioned water level was at 1" below lids? too much water. you want to fill about 80% of the bucket for veg and 50% for flower. 8 gallon bucket? = 6 gallons (about 2-2.5" below lid), this is also where the bottom of your clone roots should be planted at the water line. you fill net pots with medium to water line, add clone and fill with medium.

add a humidifier if needed or a bucket of water with a fan blowing over it.

bring that humidity up to 70% (for clones and young plants) if you can and see if they bounce back, they may be getting sucked bone dry if its too dry in there. just till they are healthy, then adjust it to normal levels (45-55%).

i would consider cutting down to 1 light too for now, in case they are getting that stressed from too much light.

just occurred to me too, CO2 and air pump in tent? pumps co2 into water...not good unless you are growing seaweed.

V

vitamiin h20

hey man sorry about the problems but im about to start my first run with a uc system and im just doing a little homework. i didnt see anyone say anything further about those air lines but you are supposed to have one in every bucket including the epi. your chiller might b a lil under powered if thats a 13gal system, i got a 1/2 hp for my system because i intend on chilling 2 systems with it. ill throw pics of it up as soon as these lil clones are big enough to go in the baskets.

Top Bottom