Cannot Reproduce Posting pics "error occured"

• Thread starter 420reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dodge

Dodge

I use google chrome and get the error message too. I just had to try to upload my pic like 20 time and finally it worked. It's weird and i can't figure it out. I try to upload the same file and it will only load up when the small black box with blue text pops up. When the windows "open" box comes up when I do a file upload it does not work.

Yeah just tried and still not working. Its like it starts to upload the file an then stops. The files is within size limits.

S1N1ST3R

S1N1ST3R

Same here. Im using google chrome and re sized my pics to WAY below 12mb. I click upload and it brings up the screen for me to choose what I want to upload. When I click a pic it gives me an error msg.

I took a screen shot of the error but I cant even upload that. WTF

T

TECK

I'm using google chrome and re sized my pics to WAY below 12mb.
Can you tell me if the picture is smaller than 4000 x 4000 pixels?
This is a PHP limitation, unfortunately. For example, if your picture is 4050 pixels wide and 2000 pixels in height, the upload will fail. Or the other way around, 3000 pixels wide and 5000 pixels in height.

Let me find a file on the internet and upload it for you... OK, I found a great example:
hotels_las-vegas.jpg (6.65MB) 2640 x 1760 pixels

While using Google Chrome, right click on this link and select 'Save link as...' to download the image to your computer. Then post a reply to this thread and press the button 'Upload a File' next to 'Post Reply'. Select the 'hotels_las-vegas.jpg' file and let it upload. If everything is OK, you should see an option allowing you to insert the image into post as 'Thumbnail' or 'Full Image':

Attachment

Uploading the 'hotels_las-vegas.jpg' image to test if everything is OK... It worked for me, you can see the attachment at the bottom of this post. If it works for you also, you own me a beer. :)

Note that the software re-sizes the original picture to a forum format, which explains why the image is now smaller.

Hotels las vegas
oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

I am able to post pics from my doid... The only thing that sucks is i have to scroll through 5,000+ different pics to select the ones im trying to post.. I have to right down the link code then scroll through 1,000s to find it, which takes a very long time.. Any way around this? Does thisthat happen on athe PC/laptop? Thanks ~ODB~

catdaddy

catdaddy

@TECH- i use windows 7 ultimate edition, google chrome and my pics are way beneath 12mb. i even down sized to 640x480 and i am still getting the error message.

Aligee

Aligee

Aligee, please read this post and let me know if your iPad/iPhone problems are solved. :)
howdy there Tech i downloaded that app its pretty cool browser but it seems the "choose file" button is still locked up that button wont respond from my iphone :/

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Same here 2 dog.. The new browser didn't work 4 me either..

T

TECK

@TECH- i use windows 7 ultimate edition, google chrome and my pics are way beneath 12mb. i even down sized to 640x480 and i am still getting the error message.
Did you tried the howto I posted earlier? I saw someone else testing the upload it worked perfectly for him. Let me know if you can upload the image I linked in that post please.
howdy there Tech i downloaded that app its pretty cool browser but it seems the "choose file" button is still locked up that button wont respond from my iphone :/
I'm sorry to hear this. Maybe some of the farmers who own an iPhone can shade some light. Dolphin should work very well, it does in my Android phone. At least you got a new shiny browser that allows you to do new cool things... tabs are great. :)

Aligee

Aligee

yeah its all good its just a convenience to upload from my phone i can drop a image from photobucket directly in a post but not sure if thats cool with Logic so i havnt did it!!!

catdaddy

catdaddy

Can you tell me if the picture is smaller than 4000 x 4000 pixels?
This is a PHP limitation, unfortunately. For example, if your picture is 4050 pixels wide and 2000 pixels in height, the upload will fail. Or the other way around, 3000 pixels wide and 5000 pixels in height.

Let me find a file on the internet and upload it for you... OK, I found a great example:
hotels_las-vegas.jpg (6.65MB) 2640 x 1760 pixels

While using Google Chrome, right click on this link and select 'Save link as...' to download the image to your computer. Then post a reply to this thread and press the button 'Upload a File' next to 'Post Reply'. Select the 'hotels_las-vegas.jpg' file and let it upload. If everything is OK, you should see an option allowing you to insert the image into post as 'Thumbnail' or 'Full Image':

View attachment 201783

Uploading the 'hotels_las-vegas.jpg' image to test if everything is OK... It worked for me, you can see the attachment at the bottom of this post. If it works for you also, you own me a beer. :)

Note that the software re-sizes the original picture to a forum format, which explains why the image is now smaller.

still getting the error message.
The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

hotels_las-vegas.jpg

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
still getting the error message.
The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

hotels_las-vegas.jpg
impossible you must be doing something wrong, please email the file you are trying to upload to [email protected] and i will take a look at it for you thanks :)

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
catdaddy here is the pic you just sent me, must be a problem with your computer because as you can see it works fine for me :)

IMG 0203

Venom818

Venom818

what am i doing wrong , i cant upload pics and the pics are meeting the requirements

S1N1ST3R

S1N1ST3R

Tech I followed your directions with the vegas pic. I cant up load it. I would like to think that I am smart enough to follow a few simple directions. I guess it must be something with my comp.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Well, I clicked upload file on here to respond, loaded up pic in seconds and voila! Seems a lot of you are having problems, and for me this file upload works lightyears ahead of the old one...
IMG 1380

waayne

waayne

I'm having the same experience baba....
I've uploaded several pics in the last few minutes and it's taking about 10 seconds or less per image.:)

Top Bottom