Pot Too Dry

• Thread starter BrotherGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrotherGreen

BrotherGreen

:finger::cat:I went to Colorado and ran into a problem that can be fixed with an old skool patch.
I was told that pot can dry out too much because of the arid climate.
The old timers would add a bit of apple peel to a pound for a day or so to add flavor ( dirt weed was more prevalent then ) and weight (dry pot will draw moisture and thereby weight from the peel).
If done right (overdoing it will stimulate mold growth) the pot has a sweet taste and burns more like pipe tobacco.
I discovered lime peel is the best!
The herb must be mixed around every couple hours to evenly distribute the moisture to all the herb in the container.
Be sure not to leave the peel in with the pot for more than 24 hours.
Pot must be cured for 24 to 48 hours after process unless it is all gone within a few weeks.

Tnelz

Tnelz

These are made for that exact purpose. The 62% works best and they're very inexpensive. It's amazing how well they work, super popular
Love em! Work like a charm everytime. Almost make it impossible to over dry. Good call bro.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I know this is barbaric, but I just open a turkey bag and i run my hand under the well water from the tap and sprinkle a bit in the bag, move herbs around seal and let remoisten then air out to your preference. Only takes 30min to an hour and leaves no odor behind....tortillas flake a lot...nobody wants flour residue on their meds!!

Skoosh

Skoosh

Yeah, with tortillas you have to use brand new fresh, and only for about 24 hours, then carefully look for crumbs.

I got started with the tortillas back in Mendo, and it was usually June-July that I'd have the too dry problem, so nary a fan leaf to be found that time of year.

I like the silicate packs and the kale leaf ideas.

I used to use fans back a million years ago when I was running perpetual.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

These are made for that exact purpose. The 62% works best and they're very inexpensive. It's amazing how well they work, super popular
How long do you usually keep the packs in your bags/canisters? Was wondering about their lifespan....

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Please no one do this- use Boveda humidipaks or wet cannabis to rehydrate if needed. See research online-

...are you sayin' NOT to use the Boveda packs? ...and if so, why not?

I have, they're too dry IMO. Wanna know what works best, and for a week at least? A leaf of kale. Did it when traveling so I only had my stash in a baggie, got WAY too dry. Rummaged around the fridge, found some kale, dropped a leaf in it, PERFECT RH.
...a short stalk of celery works really well too and like kale, it doesn't impart any flavor, just moisture. ...it stays stiff as well so it's easy to find and remove when you get to your target humidity level.

peace, bozo

sensicloud

sensicloud

How long do you usually keep the packs in your bags/canisters? Was wondering about their lifespan....

They usually last between 3-6 months depending on how much you open and close jars or if the packs are left out on accident or something. They get kind of rigid when you know they're done.

iCultivate

iCultivate

I have, they're too dry IMO. Wanna know what works best, and for a week at least? A leaf of kale. Did it when traveling so I only had my stash in a baggie, got WAY too dry. Rummaged around the fridge, found some kale, dropped a leaf in it, PERFECT RH.

A lettuce or cabbage leaf has always done well for me. I'm sure kale would work the same way. I'd rather eat it myself! :D
-- iCultivate --

montanamike1

montanamike1

Your comment makes no sense at all...

...are you sayin' NOT to use the Boveda packs? ...and if so, why not?

...a short stalk of celery works really well too and like kale, it doesn't impart any flavor, just moisture. ...it stays stiff as well so it's easy to find and remove when you get to your target humidity level.

peace, bozo

Sorry, I suppose I should clarify since a lot of new farmers have joined this post-

DO use Boveda packs and cannabis leaves/stalks/other buds to rehydrate.

The worst way to rehydrate your cannabis is by sealing it in a plastic bag with food, particularly leafy greens. Here's why-

1. Mold/Mildew: As anyone who has left their lettuce, cabbage, kale, etc. in the refrigerator too long has seen, mold and slime inevitably grow in a sealed bag of greens, despite very precise climate control, sometimes within only a day or two of purchase. All leafy greens are teaming with mold/mildew/tons of various microbes (as anyone who has made kimchee or sauerkraut will know!) Smoking/vaporizing mold and mildew (or their spores) is likely not recommended by by your doctor.

2. Precision: The amount of moisture in your produce/food product is unknown, as is the duration of time for which it will provide moisture to your buds. To accurately rehydrate over-dried cannabis, one must take at least a few days to a week of opening and closing the container. Even with an RH meter, the only way to get an accurate reading is over the course of a few days in a sealed container.

3. Refrigeration: When fruits, vegetables, or other food stuffs are taken out of a cold, humidity controlled temperature and placed into a sealed baggie at room temperature, the residual bacteria/molds/microbes will populate at an alarming rate. Just because you can't see them, this doesn't mean they aren't there.

4. Pesticides/herbicides: Fruits and vegetables are regularly sprayed with herbicides/pesticides that must be rinsed off by the consumer. Even "organic" produce will often be coated with different oils or sulfur (if you've ever smelled some particularly sulfurous grapes before...) that can drastically reduce the quality, potency, and purity of your medicine. Very few studies on the effects of smoking pesticides intended for oral ingestion...

5.Terpenoids: Cannabis owes its odorous qualities to the volatile oils in the delicate glandular trichome tips. As their name, volatile, implies, these oils are highly reactive, particularly to gases produced by leafy greens like oxygen and ethylene (produced by ripening fruits/vegetables) which speed along enzymatic processes. In essence, you may not only be reducing your terpenoid content, but over-ripening your buds as well.

In conclusion, don't let your herb over dry, or if you do, rehydrate properly.

alpinehi

alpinehi

Brilliant. Couldn't have said it better myself montanamike. These replies were quickly getting out of hand.

Last edited:
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Rubbish. Throw the tortilla in there. If your patient has lung problems, why are they smoking anything?

Top Bottom