powdery mildew days before harvest

• Thread starter mateo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mateo

i have been maintaining my mildew issues pretty well thru flower. though, now days from harvesting, and i have spotted multiple buds with mildew forming again!

does anyone have suggestions for what i can spray this late without ruining the nugs???

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

the only thing thats labled for that late is the ed rosenthal product. I forget what its called but i have some ill go look...

That being said i dont know if i would use it...

best bet is to bring room humidity down as low as possible and when you cut the pm out make sure you remove tissue outside of the bud only. If you cut into the bud it provides a foothold for the Pm to move inside, and thats when you have a REAL problem.

D

DixinCider

greencure is the only thing you can do man. i would do one scoop per 32oz spray bottle.
it's organic and doesnt leave a taste or residue

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
And you might be able to get greencure at a True Value hardware store. They carry it at my local one back in plant pest control section.

If it is only days I would just chop. Or use baking soda and water. You just need to change the ph of the leaf to alkaline to kill pm early on.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I found GC left a soapy taste that I don't care for. I would recommend OxiDate or other similar (H2O2) product that, once evaporated, leaves absolutely no residue. And, I would dip the entire branch/plant once it's harvested, too.

S

skatwill1227

Green Cure is potassium bicarbonate with a surfactant. Potassium Bicarbonate turns to CO2 and H2O when ignited, so the soapy taste is probably from the surfactant. If the mold is only on a few little buds you are best to just count the loss and move on. PM is a never ending battle especially with a perpetual grow.

bloads

bloads

I found GC left a soapy taste that I don't care for. I would recommend OxiDate or other similar (H2O2) product that, once evaporated, leaves absolutely no residue. And, I would dip the entire branch/plant once it's harvested, too.

Interesting. Dip it straight into h202, or a water mix? This is right before you hang them to dry?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
H2O2 mixed as a Tx for PM, then dip the plant. Yes, right before they're hung up to dry.

This is easiest when growing in a SOG style because the plants are small and compact, usually a single stalk so all you have to do is snip the main stalk, dip her (and dip her well, you want all spores to be hit with the H2O2), hang her. A slight shake to get off the excess moisture is prudent, too, because they do hold a lot of moisture when dipped this way.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The dipping in water doesn't affect the flavor after the dry? I have never heard of this before but I like the idea if it works.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

H2O2 is excellent; and leaves no taste. Too high a concentration tho, and you'll bleach you pistils and damage plant matter to some degree (don"t ask how I know...lol).
Also I've found that 91% isopropyl and water in a 50/50 mix will rid your PM. Good luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, another good use for the ISO! Thanks, alt. :)
The dipping in water doesn't affect the flavor after the dry? I have never heard of this before but I like the idea if it works.
Nope. But GC does, IME.

O

og_kid

i know your pain this is last year she was so close.:evilgrin0040:
Quick pics 098

bloads

bloads

H2O2 is excellent; and leaves no taste. Too high a concentration tho, and you'll bleach you pistils and damage plant matter to some degree (don"t ask how I know...lol).
Also I've found that 91% isopropyl and water in a 50/50 mix will rid your PM. Good luck!

Would the isopropyl strip out THC though?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I should have mentioned this earlier. PM is actually a weakling in the world of molds and plant diseases. It has too have a rather strict ph range to grow and thrive. That is why most of the spray cures work. They change the ph and make it alkaline.

Well it also has a very strict range of temperature and humidity. It basically loves cool and moist. Take away one of them and it won't be able to grow on the leaves and buds. I had it once when I tried to grow in an unheated basement. I put a space heater in there and it was 80 degrees with lights off and 84 with lights on. The PM went away in 3 days but noticeably retreated every day. The heater dropped the humidity way down too which also helped.

seamaiden did you mix some soap or something else to make the greencure adhere better?

I know people say they get horrible cases of systemic PM. I don't doubt them but I don't know if that is possible or not. I don't think it would matter what the outside environmental conditions would be for systemic PM and I don't want to imply an easy fix for that. However, PM should not be able to grow on leaves or buds if the temperature is warm and the air is dry.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why on earth would I do that, Tobor? It was water + GC mixed according to package directions.

All powdery mildew, once it is observed on the plant, is "systemic."

I have experienced PM that occurred in dry conditions, less than 30%RH (in the mountains) and warm conditions. There are many species of mold that are known collectively as 'powdery mildew', I think a lot of folks either don't know that or don't appreciate it.

I've also experienced, and had my worst, most difficult to treat bout that ended up requiring the systemic treatment, powdery mildew vectored by root aphids. And if that shit doesn't drive you bat-shit, I don't know what would.

B

Badmf

After spraying with GC and just before harvest "Rinse" spray with tepid Ph adj H2O, rids any residue build up. I also rinse off Neem a day after treatment to clear off the stomatas surface. I won't use any alcohol even diluted will lose some trikes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom