Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Then help *me* out here, because I am totally not gettin' it.

G

grower420

Just feed it in with your water every 3 weeks and if you wanna kill spores on the outside already baking soda and high ph water works good... The dosage on medium to big plants is 1/8tsp I wouldn't go over 1/2 strength on small ones but you can use it...
Quaterbackmo, thx for the quick response. Another question; I am growing in soil, can I mix it in the same water as as my foxfarm fertilizer or separate?

L

LikemindS

I use GreenCure in Veg. (burns hairs in flower)
Serenade at beginning/middle of flower.
Zero Tolerance at the end if needed.
That far into flower I use 'Zero Tolerance' to knockout PM.
It smells good and you can use it 5 days before harvest.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I use GreenCure in Veg. (burns hairs in flower)
Serenade at beginning/middle of flower.
Zero Tolerance at the end if needed.
That far into flower I use 'Zero Tolerance' to knockout PM.
It smells good and you can use it 5 days before harvest.

Zero tolerance smells like ass lol I use to joke that the old lady ghost was creeping around my room again when I sprayed that shit cuz of all the old lady perfume scent it gives off.

true grit

true grit

Stylet, a type of horticultural oil, is good as a physical barrier. The best I've seen and used, until it turns rancid and stinks

This might be the smartest thing I've ever heard you recommend. This and the milk mix will work until harvest if you don't wanna use actinovate or a bomb. BTW not only does Stylet go stank, it fucks pH if left sitting for a while and will fuck plants- trust me, ive sprayed with a wrong bottle. LOL.

look up a thing called actinovate sp it will kill that pm real quick i use it every 7-14 days as a foliar feed it works real well and is cheap only about 14 bucks for a 2oz pack

Bingo, know many folks using this with good results in perpetual set ups. Other than using a Fungaflor, think its the only way i've heard people beat shit without going apeshit with chems.

5wks in- I would most def get a dehumidi, set around 50-55% but make sure its big enough to maintain that and you have a decent res to collect waste water. From there hit with one of the foliars mentioned.
Once this run is finished and room is empty- Fungaflor bomb the whole thing, only way i've found to rid completely of PM and against seamaidens better wishes, make sure you Eagle20 all your veggers.

B

Buddy Hemphill

For small scale, I'd go with this:
Large scale applications, you may as well bite the bullet and get the 2.5gal OxiDate:

Just picked up the 2.5g in Sac for $42/gal at Crop Services.

This is my first PM experience. Just when the RA's and mites are under control....goddammit.....PM shows up (with my buddy that will only spray milk on his plants for control:mad0233::mad0233:)

what did you use for a dispersal rate for foliar? Like....1 1/4 oz / gal?

you run it at a 1:100 ratio. you can literally soak the plants in the stuff, and you will need to, as oxi works to kill but not for reinfection. so i'm finding i need to soak my garden down pretty good every couple days to a week depending how thorough i was in my application.

i'm going to try exel lg as a preventative

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just picked up the 2.5g in Sac for $42/gal at Crop Services.
In Sact'o? I'm on it! I need that and JMS.
This is my first PM experience. Just when the RA's and mites are under control....goddammit.....PM shows up (with my buddy that will only spray milk on his plants for control:mad0233::mad0233:)
Teach your buddy about other organic methods, including physical barriers. I wonder if Crop Services also has the JMS Stylet oil. That would RAWK if a place that close to me (relatively speaking, it's still around 60mi one way) has the products I need at a reasonable price.
what did you use for a dispersal rate for foliar? Like....1 1/4 oz / gal?
I start at 1/2oz (1 tablespoon) per gallon for the OxiDate. When I was battling the root aphid-vectored powdery mildew I had to go to 2T/gal (1oz/gal) and they FRIED to a crisp.

Ok, Buddy, I'm trying to Google Crop Services in Sact'o, and all I'm getting are ear cropping veterinarians. WTF? I hate it when people chop off their dogs' ears. Besides, I don't think these guys are selling OxiDate or JMS.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Sorry, I hate typing. I guess I "paraphrased" the company name?...lol

Crop Protection Services
10210 Systems Pkwy
Sacramento

916-369-2891

I spoke with Carolina and she told me $42/g on the phone. She asked if she had told me $42 or $45 when I got there. I told her $42 and she said cool. Nice lady. They had 2 and she held it till I got there.

BTW.......Damn!...This shit works. It burmed pistils where I had damage. I sprayed 2 days ago. This morning I had pretty white hairs covering up the dead ones. I thought I was looking at the wrong plant for a second. I caught it very early, also.

Looks like one more product makes it to the maintence shelf. I even drenched 4 pots with it...so far....so good.

C

chillsmoker

have any of you guys tried pm wash? they had some at the hydro store near me when I ran into a medium size pm issue before harvest. I even put it in a dish and dripped the infected colas in at harvest and then hang dried after, took most of the pm away nicely

dorjewright

dorjewright

Saturated my harvest with OxiDate ( just to make sure any remaining pm was knocked out) shook the buds really well and hung to dry. Didn't effect looks or color. Dryed for almost a week, paper bagged it, been curing for the last 3+ weeks and tried the green crack last night. A pretty harsh smoke and definitely irritating. Wondering if that's from an effect of the OxiDate?

IMG 2785
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Saturated my harvest with OxiDate ( just to make sure any remaining pm was knocked out) shook the buds really well and hung to dry. Didn't effect looks or color. Dryed for almost a week, paper bagged it, been curing for the last 3+ weeks and tried the green crack last night. A pretty harsh smoke and definitely irritating. Wondering if that's from an effect of the OxiDate?
I'd like to know, too. It's not supposed to leave any sort of residue, but perhaps it changed something, chemically-speaking.

i can't see it changing anything chemically... i could see it leaving a potential residue. please keep us posted!

i wonder if PM would show up on testing after treating the plants?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't see the breakdown constituents of H2O2 leaving a residue, in large part because when it breaks down it becomes water and a free oxygen molecule, IIRC. I have not been able to scope PM on harvested plants post-Tx with OxiDate, so I've assumed that if it's invisible to >100x magnification that it's likely not there. I don't think it can live in dead plant tissues, but am not 100% certain about that.

so a place i'd like to vend to tests for pathogenic molds along with thc, cbd, and cbn quantities. i guess that is what i am trying to determine is if PM shows up in this capacity. i'd assume PM dies when the plant is dried?

Top Bottom