Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Organicyumyum

\

sorry I have to say thats bullshit - I used to have PM - eagle 20'd some cuts I needed to keep and cleaned HOUSE

been over 2 years now

IMO most people dont tear down the room and clean their gear thoroughly enough - including tossing all the fans, filters and shit that can be replaced cheaply but can hide spores - stuff like power strips and shit

im gonna have to say that that's bullshit. Ive used eagle 20 before and still seen pm. Not to mention that stuff is toxic!!!! and it's illegal in CA. try some organic compost teas and you will never see pm again! simplici-tea compost teas are the best that Ive found. They regularly test their compost to ensure high microbe counts.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
im gonna have to say that that's bullshit. Ive used eagle 20 before and still seen pm. Not to mention that stuff is toxic!!!! and it's illegal in CA. try some organic compost teas and you will never see pm again! simplici-tea compost teas are the best that Ive found. They regularly test their compost to ensure high microbe counts.

yes organic tea the cure to all you garden ills people

I hear it kills root aphids too

:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle

EDIT: is that you OF?

O

Organicyumyum

yes organic tea the cure to all you garden ills people

I hear it kills root aphids too

:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle

EDIT: is that you OF?

im not sure about that, but some predatory nematodes will do the trick for those aphids real quick! :hi

G

GrOwRooMGURU

don't know if this really works but i work @ a hydro store and i hear alot about sulfur burners for powdery mildew and bugs look into it

O

Organicyumyum

don't know if this really works but i work @ a hydro store and i hear alot about sulfur burners for powdery mildew and bugs look into it

sulfur burners work but cannot be used more than a couple of weeks into flowering or else your buds will taste terrible!

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I just found some fugging PM and I am almost 7 week in! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! I am cleaning everything tonight and cutting all the pm infected leaves... I have a bunch of zone and penetrator laying around so i am going to use that right now.. I have heard of people using it up until the day of harvest with no ill effects.. Any thoughts?? I can snag some actinovate tomorrow if you guys think thats a better option?? Also, I can order some stylet, I just need the shit to be here NOW! This is very depressing to me because I have torn down and cleaned my room I dunno how many times to get rid of this shit.. I have replaced everything I can as well.. It's gotta be in my walls.

:character0180:

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Organic tea can do a lot of things but it does not kill PM. It will get you a week or so like everything else does.

Milk/water might be a good option for the last days of flowering. I have used Greencure with some success but it turns the pistils brown. Eagle 20 has put the PM in check. It's still here I'm sure. I hate that shit. I'm so greatful someone was nice enough to send me that shit! Whats next super PM, Mites stronger than ever, root aphid attacks like bombs in your underwear....or should I say wallet.

Good luck I hope you can save it!

E

Elite Nugs

I burn sulfur in veg, then once more at the end of the second week of flowering. I've only had a PM problem once and that was before I bought the sulfur burner.

I recently got a Blue Dream clone with PM. Wiped the PM off with a wash cloth and water. Then sprayed it with GreenCure Fungicide. Havent seen any since and I've brought the plant inside.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Organic tea can do a lot of things but it does not kill PM. It will get you a week or so like everything else does.

Milk/water might be a good option for the last days of flowering. I have used Greencure with some success but it turns the pistils brown. Eagle 20 has put the PM in check. It's still here I'm sure. I hate that shit. I'm so greatful someone was nice enough to send me that shit! Whats next super PM, Mites stronger than ever, root aphid attacks like bombs in your underwear....or should I say wallet.

Good luck I hope you can save it!
Yes. As long as people (not just growers) continue doing things the way we do, that's exactly what's in store for us.

Surfr, my very best advice to you is to get OxiDate and use that. Don't use stylet oil, it will leave a residue. Don't use Greencure, it will leave a taste. You can literally DIP the entire plant in OxiDate after harvest if need be. Start with it now, use every three days. Be prepared for the leaves to really look like shit after Tx with OxiDate, especially if there's a lot of PM within the leaf tissues. But just keep spraying.

Also, an FYI on using OxiDate--I use a proper respirator because what I have (ag, not OTC version) is caustic, incredibly caustic, and it's difficult to breathe when using it. I also use a Tyvek suit and either shoes I don't care about or I'll cover them with plastic grocery bags (I'm cheap) to protect them. Don't let it get onto your skin, it can burn the shit out of you. Wear clothing you don't care about, too.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never had at taste with green cure and you dont need a respirator to spray it

your the only person I ever heard say that sodium bicarb leaves a taste SM

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<shrug> Don't know what to say to that, but the other people who shared it with me tasted it, sans prompting on my part.

O

Organicyumyum

i tend to not use things on my plants that will burn the shit out of me. i havent tasted a difference from green cure, as long as it's used a week before harvest and im pretty sensitive to that. but seriously guys, a good compost tea will make sure that p.m. isn't there in the first place. as far as killing p.m. on contact, you can also use SNS-244. it will leave a strange taste though if used within a few days of harvest. I say give it at least 3-4 days before you cut it down after spraying with sns. also, the sns doesn't seem to work as well if the p.m. is really bad. Green Cure is probably the better option at that point.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
never had at taste with green cure and you dont need a respirator to spray it

your the only person I ever heard say that sodium bicarb leaves a taste SM
Now you can add another person to the ranks.

I used SNS up until week 2 of flower and this shit still came back.. I have been a huge believer in Greencure and have used it many many times... I just smoked some stuff that has been curing for a while that was sprayed with Greencure.. There def is a soapy taste there. I absolutely HATE the way it burns my pistils too.. Soooo over that...

:character0180:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you like black licorice, or rootbeer? I can't stand them, they taste terrible.

dorjewright

dorjewright

see my post on Oxidate. According to manufacturer turns to water in 20 minutes leaving no residue. So no taste.
But in that case doesn't seem an effective treatment for mold where it would seem better to use something longer acting.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Seamaiden, is it generally agreed that it's ok to smoke pm that's been OxiDated? I tried my white widow and green crack ( both with pm that I tried everything on to keep it more or less in check) Oxidated at harvest then dried. The ww smokes and looks fine. Gc looks great but is really a harsh smoke; so I was happy to hear it was not from a residue. When I trimmed the gc it was really pungent/spicy made me sneeze. Hopping that's genetics not pm ?

C

CAPO

Sea...I've been pondering your stance on PM for a few weeks..lol..and I need to share. First if ya grow outdoors and it happens to be a hot spot..it is the never ending battle and poisons meant for hardy plants i.e. roses might be the best option..giving it is used responsibly and backed up with organic methods and pruning and washing. Personally I would give up in a bad spot and build a greenhouse and try and filter the air.
Now my thoughts on indoor PM problems, of which I've had my very own...
The pros will insist it's an environment problem and that is correct, but the emphasis belongs on stifling the source...any air source needs to be HEPA filtered. My rooms feel sterile...I feel guilty opening the door to the harsh outside world.haha
Final thought...I have seen healthy organically grown plants shake off a few patches of PM...A few squirts of GreenCure and into a sterile flower room and they clear right up.

Top Bottom