Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

I am having a slight powder mildew problem in my room that is in week 5 of flower. The humidity in the room hovers around 50% I have been exhausting my room only when the lights are off due to using co2. I've also been using neem oil to try and control it will a dehumidifier help control the spores?

M

MIway

Deuy doesn't do anything for spores, lest you have a UV lamp somehow rigged to the airflow. But the deuy will help, no doubt.

I'd suggest raising the temps to 80+... especially once the lights go out... immediately when the lights go out, the temps start to rise. Along with another deuy.

Remove all the spots you can find, or wipe em down w a disinfectant... means to reduce the mature PM that is already there. You can check out h2o2 options as well.

This is just to reduce spread & control till you crop out... won't actually kill what is inside the plants. Only means I know of w/o any toxic sprays.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
better stop with the neem - its useless anyway and will make your weed taste like ass

get some green cure or oxidate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stylet, a type of horticultural oil, is good as a physical barrier. The best I've seen and used, until it turns rancid and stinks, is Soya'nara, which I recall as safe to use up til harvest. And I put bells on OxiDate, can be used up to the hour of harvest. Ding-a-ling!

W

woody420

look up a thing called actinovate sp it will kill that pm real quick i use it every 7-14 days as a foliar feed it works real well and is cheap only about 14 bucks for a 2oz pack

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For small scale, I'd go with this:
Large scale applications, you may as well bite the bullet and get the 2.5gal OxiDate:

D

D.Tree

Use high ph water! @ 5 weeks I'd be scared to spray anything other than that or maybe a milk water...mix 9 parts water 1 part milk

joeca1i

joeca1i

I would think,any crap you put on the plant, is gonna stick to the buds in week 5..

you know, I never had PM problems before, but then again, I used tanked co2 and my rooms were a bit bigger. hmmmm...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I never had PM problems until the root aphids vectored it in from my husband's vegetable garden (squashes got it bad last year when they were hit with "regular" aphids). Other than that, I've seen it coming in from gifted cuts to the degree that I've begun to wonder if people give me those cuts to get them straightened out, or what.

If the plants are healthy and the conditions are optimal, it seems to me that it should be a lesser problem, not a greater problem.

Plus, OxiDate has more utilities than just Tx of PM. It's a treatment for the prevention and control of plant pathogens in field-grown crops and commercial greenhouses. Since it's broadly labeled for use as a pre-plant dip, soil drench, foliar treatment, and surface disinfectant that gives a great deal of leeway and alternatives to other treatments and preventatives.

G

greenbastards

Dr. Doorights helped lots when i had a PM problem... It worked well... It didn't destroy it like soya'nara, but its definitely helped. Sea maiden do you know where i can find Soya'nara??? That shit was amazing but i haven't seen it anywhere?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, either! I got my one bottle from a friend who has subsequently been impossible to get in touch with. Googling nets me little and I had asked the one local hydro shop to try to get it, then they closed down. If it didn't smell so bad after turning rancid I'd still use it, but the stink stays with you for days.

This is all I can find, which is more than I found in a minute:

G

grower420

Have you or anyone try Safer Brand Garden Fungicide? It is 12% sulfur. How close to harvest can you use it? I have tried Green Cure but it did not seem to provide the cure I was hoping for.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
pm will win at week 5. It is inside the plant, not just on the leaves. You have to kill it from the inside out. Wait until the room is clear. Hit the new plants going in with a systemic while they are still in veg.

Plan on edibles this round, adn prevent that shit next time.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I don't know why more people don't know about exel lg... Go get you some and do a 1/8 tsp per gal root feeding it's a systemic fungicide which works from the inside out by blocking the hormone that is essential for pm to spread, it's also omri and safe to use until harvest time. It also doubles as a bloom booster so they say. It's made by organic laboratories. Disregard everything everyone in this thread told you and get some exel... Problem solved

Top Bottom