Primo Clones Canada grow and show

• Thread starter PrimoClonesCanada
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Sucks to hear about the blumat line clog tho! You'll have these girls whipped back into shape in no time
Ya I get some sludge build up in my res every grow pretty much, wonder if there is something I can add to my water to get rid of it. Probably should venture over to the hydro threads and ask.
The big one that was yellowing is already starting to green up a bit.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Here is the Apple Fritter on day 1 of week 5. She is filling out but as you can see has what I think is light burn from when this plant was sitting at ~1000ppfd. I've since top dressed with its biweekly gypsum and epsom dose and its monthly NPK top dress, I've also reduced the ppfd down to ~700. It almost looks like nutrient burn or lock out maybe? I find diagnosing organics is much trickier than salts but I'm determined to grow my skills.

PXL 20220815 082915319
PXL 20220815 082954677
PXL 20220815 082940069
PXL 20220815 082931676
PXL 20220815 082923445

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Here is the Apple Fritter on day 1 of week 5. She is filling out but as you can see has what I think is light burn from when this plant was sitting at ~1000ppfd. I've since top dressed with its biweekly gypsum and epsom dose and its monthly NPK top dress, I've also reduced the ppfd down to ~700. It almost looks like nutrient burn or lock out maybe? I find diagnosing organics is much trickier than salts but I'm determined to grow my skills.

View attachment 1271400View attachment 1271401View attachment 1271402View attachment 1271403View attachment 1271404

If you look at my early blue cheese grow you can see this happen to one of my girls around week 3 of flowering. Looks like similar thing happened to this girl with you as well and the answer was general lack of feed aka not enough nutrition for the PAR level I was demanding.

The other girls in the picture look okay though, are they all the same strain? What were your feed amounts and have you been giving exact measurements?

Water source?

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter

View attachment 1271400View attachment 1271401View attachment 1271402View attachment 1271403View attachment 1271404
They look like they are filling out nicely. Looks like your going to have some nice phat nugs 😁
I would try and top dress my npk every 2 weeks and see if that helps next grow.

I'm going to take shaded advise and give my next top dress at 3 tbls instead of 2 per gallon of soil and see if that helps with my yellowing and burning from the light.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

If you look at my early blue cheese grow you can see this happen to one of my girls around week 3 of flowering. Looks like similar thing happened to this girl with you as well and the answer was general lack of feed aka not enough nutrition for the PAR level I was demanding.

The other girls in the picture look okay though, are they all the same strain? What were your feed amounts and have you been giving exact measurements?

Water source?
This is likely underfeeding, Im always too scared to overfeed and tend to prepetually underfeed. These ones got half a handful of fertilizer each so probably close to 2 tbsp a gallon. I've since switched to measuring into my bucket for mixing and then equally portioning out from there.

I'm using regular old tap water at ~100ppm. There are 3 plants, 2 Nebulis Kush and 1 Apple Fritter, 1 of the Nebulis Kush is showing similar signs and the other is slower flowering so maybe lower needs currently and isn't showing much issue.

I'm going to do the same as Primo and up the dose to 3 tbsp/gallon for next time. I've started adding compost mixed with the top dress to reduce the amount that gets in the air, I've definitely noticed an up tick in the conversion speed and maybe combined with my lighter hand was exacerbating the issue.

My big fear with organic dry amendments is phosphorous locking out micronutrients and then not having a great way to flush it out. But I think my issue is that my light hand causes me to under feed which causes the deficiencies which makes me think I overfed 🤣 next round Im going to try and go heavy to see how that changes things.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

My big fear with organic dry amendments is phosphorous locking out micronutrients and then not having a great way to flush it out. But I think my issue is that my light hand causes me to under feed which causes the deficiencies which makes me think I overfed 🤣 next round Im going to try and go heavy to see how that changes things.

I just wanted to bold this portion because this is a symbiotic circle I think a lot of people gloss over:

Light & heat (VPD)drives the plant metabolism
As metabolism increases the plant needs food to complete all of its processes properly
If food or VPD is deficient you will start to see leaf problems that seem to be induced by light but it's a cumulative problem from a bunch of factors (too much light and not enough food or proper VPD to facilitate)

And if you are having an issue with your dry amendments flying around when you go to top dress just pre-mix the amendments in a smaller container with some of your soil mix & earth worm castings. Mix that smaller batch together and then top dress on your plant. Maybe I'll do a small video on my next grow.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Well I think this has been my most troublesome grow in a long while 🤦‍♂️

Well there’s me lowering the light before I went away and light burned my plants but also at the same time my exhaust fan came apart from my exhaust venting so it wasn’t exhausting any of the air in the tent and it got to a bit over 60% humidity for at least a day. And also my blumat hose clogged coming from my res. Fixed all that nonsense and have been battling clogged lines to my carrots every night pretty much. Now I noticed my filter coming from my res was pretty full so I cleaned them out, so hoping it helps with the clogs.

Last night I went to top dress all my flowering plants and had to pretty much unclog most lines going to my blumat carrots to some degree (some were super plugged with gunk and some only were only plugged a little) I’m hoping with me cleaning the filters and unclogging the lines that I won’t have anymore problems.
Sucks cause it’s super hard to get into my tent and work, it’s so tight in there, I’ve taken out at least 3 branches so far trying to work out these problems and top dress.
End rant 🤣

So I ended up top dressing 2 tbls to the smaller plants and 3 to the bigger ones

Here’s a shot of the whole tent
20220815 000954

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Well I think this has been my most troublesome grow in a long while 🤦‍♂️

Well there’s me lowering the light before I went away and light burned my plants but also at the same time my exhaust fan came apart from my exhaust venting so it wasn’t exhausting any of the air in the tent and it got to a bit over 60% humidity for at least a day. And also my blumat hose clogged coming from my res. Fixed all that nonsense and have been battling clogged lines to my carrots every night pretty much. Now I noticed my filter coming from my res was pretty full so I cleaned them out, so hoping it helps with the clogs.

Last night I went to top dress all my flowering plants and had to pretty much unclog most lines going to my blumat carrots to some degree (some were super plugged with gunk and some only were only plugged a little) I’m hoping with me cleaning the filters and unclogging the lines that I won’t have anymore problems.
Sucks cause it’s super hard to get into my tent and work, it’s so tight in there, I’ve taken out at least 3 branches so far trying to work out these problems and top dress.
End rant 🤣

So I ended up top dressing 2 tbls to the smaller plants and 3 to the bigger ones

Here’s a shot of the whole tent
View attachment 1271796

Lol damn man sorry to hear about all the tent goblins! Girls are starting to stack up nicely

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Lol damn man sorry to hear about all the tent goblins! Girls are starting to stack up nicely
Ya, it's my fault I should have cleaned out my res between crops and also cleaned out my filters, I aways forget to clean them out when in reality if I did the filters once a month I wouldn't have these problems i dont think. Also would like to find something to put in my res to combat this buildup.

Not going to have any monsters like you but they are definitely starting to fill in. The fritters are probably stacking best so far, overall seems like a good amount of bud in the tent though.
A few plants are already leaning over heavily so had to put a few stakes after I top dressed.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Apple Fritter end of week 7 probably going to take these to 9 weeks. I think Ive figured out my issues with fertilizing, I just have too light a hand for the light levels Im pushing. I moved 2 plants outdoors around a month or so ago and they never developed the deficiencies I see indoors. Ive started increasing fertilizer use and seem to have solved my issue, the old leaves are still scarred but it doesn't seem to be spreading anymore. I'm going to use a scale on the next grow and do some trials to see what works best.

PXL 20220829 095331530
PXL 20220829 095534380PORTRAIT
PXL 20220829 095506768PORTRAIT
PXL 20220829 095449168PORTRAIT
PXL 20220829 095439186PORTRAIT
PXL 20220829 095347075PORTRAIT
PXL 20220829 095355873
PXL 20220829 095416468

Latest posts

Top Bottom