pro mix help please?

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

I need some heads up on how to use pro mix this will be my 1st run with pro mix . Im going to be running pro mix the black bag my nutes just botanicare bloom with r/o water. the room where i'm using pro mix will just be for flowering. i would also like to use open sesame beastie bloomz and cha ching with the botanicare bloom. i will be using a flower bed 4feetx16feet to flower my girls in.

I would like to know what to add to my r/o water 1st run with r/o water not sure what to add to it cal-mag so on its all new to me some tap water back into it????. do u think just using botanicare bloom and open sesame beastie bloomz and cha ching going to work or do i need to add some things to promix or just use feed. i would like to reuse my pro mix a few runs maybe 3 if u can.

just a run dowm on pro mix would be cool thanks for the hand farmers

W

woody420

come on who uses pro mix ? i was thinking about adding a few bags of o.f. i just want some ideas on what is added into pro mix before using it

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

lmao..i use pro mix, BX in the summer and HP in the winter.

Works great, sometimes i even add some extra perlite in.

I'd say try it once and see how you like it. I use lots of rhizotonic in the beginning to promote root development and then ur off to the races.

I see the majority of guys here are usin different hydro setups, whatever works for ya i guess.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

I use Bigfoot A&B but im sure anyone will work well.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

for clarity....

I'm using Pro mix-bales of peat, vermiculite, and perlite. They come compressed in approx 100L bales. Not sure if its the same stuff we're talking about.

Also I'd add some B1 vitamins, that and the root promoter of your choice and they should take off like rockets.

S

SSHZ

THere's already tons of info on this here--- do some searching. I've used promix exclusively for 20 years. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

To each 3.8 cu bale, I add dolomitic lime (4 cups), 20+ lbs of worm castings, 1/3 of a large bag of perlite and a cup or two of Espoma bio-catalyst.

For ferts, I use the Botanicare line of Pure Blend Pro Veg or Flower, Cal/Mag, Liquid Karma and add Sweet in flowering. If you search my very recent threads, I just posted how many ml of each I add and how I apply it for someone else in great detail in another forum here.

I only use r.o. water, maintaining a 6.3 ph until mid flowering when I raise it to 6.4-6.5. I also add Great White every 2 weeks or so. I watch my plants closely every day. When or if they start to lighten up, I increase my concentrate of ferts or fertilize more often. If they darken up too much, I ease up some. Keep good notes for your 1st crop or two, then you'll have reliable numbers and it gets easier. Remember, every strain likes different ph levels and different amounts of ferts. You may need to grow a particular strain a few times to dial it in perfectly. Let the pots dry out well but you've gone to far if they start to droop. You'll develop an avg watering schedule i.e. every couple of days. I use 5 gallon pots and water every 3-5 days. There are many other ways to go and ferts to use. I found this is the easiest and most consistant FOR ME. Ask 10 people, you'll get 8 different answers. There's alot more such as foliar feeding, day/night temps, and bug/mite/disease control but follow this closely and you'll be well on your way down the right path.........

W

woody420

THere's already tons of info on this here--- do some searching. I've used promix exclusively for 20 years. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

To each 3.8 cu bale, I add dolomitic lime (4 cups), 20+ lbs of worm castings, 1/3 of a large bag of perlite and a cup or two of Espoma bio-catalyst.

For ferts, I use the Botanicare line of Pure Blend Pro Veg or Flower, Cal/Mag, Liquid Karma and add Sweet in flowering. If you search my very recent threads, I just posted how many ml of each I add and how I apply it for someone else in great detail in another forum here.

I only use r.o. water, maintaining a 6.3 ph until mid flowering when I raise it to 6.4-6.5. I also add Great White every 2 weeks or so. I watch my plants closely every day. When or if they start to lighten up, I increase my concentrate of ferts or fertilize more often. If they darken up too much, I ease some some. Keep good notes for your 1st crop or two, then you'll have reliable numbers and it gets easier. Remember, every strain likes different ph levels and different amounts of ferts. You may need to grow a particular strain a few times to dial it in perfectly. Let the pots dry out well but you've gone to far if they start to droop. You'll develop an avg watering schedule i.e. every couple of days. I use 5 gallon pots and water every 3-5 days. There are many other ways to go and ferts to use. I found this is the easiest and most consistant FOR ME. Ask 10 people, you'll get 8 different answers. There's alot more such as foliar feeding, day/night temps, and bug/mite/disease control but follow this closely and you'll be well on your way down the right path.........

thanks alot man you just help out like no other. how many times do u reuse ur soil if at any? hey is there a way to give me a link on where ur info is about how much ml u use when feeding what u talked about above. thanks for ur hand i tired to look it up and had no luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom