prodigy's Big Bushes!!!!

• Thread starter ProdigyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Thanks bro Iv'e never thought about it like that but i guess but applying that stress to them by topping and then if they do turn out to be females its a good way to find a good solid true female rite? i didn't think that topping your plants could stress it to the point of it changing its sex i just didn't know that the whole reason i top the plants is because i want to pack as many branches in there as i can to create multiple multiple buds sites so i can increase my yield. Im thinking that mild stress would be a good way to weed out weak plants so that only the strong true females show and survive what do you think? At least that way you know what your getting when you put her into flower that u know she's not gonna herm out on you or is that wrong? Like i said this is still all fairly new to me even though i think i have obtained a fair amount of information and i'm pretty confident in my growing ability. I know that there is a shit ton for me to still learn and i appreciate everyone giving me advice and critiquing me it only makes me a better grower and thats what i want to be the best grower i can possibly be so thanks guys and please keep them coming.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
here some pics of my blue widow #1 shes really developing fast this is day 10 of flowering!!

IMG 1419
IMG 1421
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Hey has any one grown a strain called devilboy from dank dairy seeds? I got a pack of this strain the other day . I saw some pics on another site that was amazing the stuff is so frosty and purple it really is some of the dankest looking bud I've ever seen it is danyboybx x devilberry if any one has grown this strain b4 id like to see some pics please or if any one has grown any of the strains I'm growing now id like to see your pics of them thanks guys stay frosty peace!!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Ohh shit one more thing for any one who uses bud blood from advanced what do you use it at? I've ben using it 2 grams per gallon or 8 grams per 5 gallon bucket i always mix my nutes for 4 gallons in a 5gallon bucket. I know it says that you should mix it at 4 grams per gallon but that just sounds way too much and I have never used advanced at recommended strength because every one I've ever seen do this has burnt the shit out of there plants at least with the base.

K

Kaybee

Yeah you are correct in that the pruning process on plants from seed would give you an indication of which ones are very stable mothers. Don't give them any additional stress in bloom and watch for nanners, but yes exactly, the one good thing about early stress from seed is it will weed out the weaker plants.
I'm def not saying how you do it is wrong, there prolly is no wrong way to grow, but I'm just offering that as an explanation of the male ratio.

I've used Bud Blood plenty of times. It's been a little while but I think I used about 1/4 tsp per gallon. I forget how that converts, but there's a way to figure it out to grams. I think it's on the package. And that's on top of normal nutes. I only ever used it 2-3 doses per entire flowering period. Best to be used towards the end of your flowering cycle, around wk 6-7, with flush being the last wk. Use about 1 dose a week for your last 2 weeks of bloom nutes. It is very concentrated and powerful, I've used more and pushed some nanners so it def can stress the plant. Keep in mind it is a high PK supplement so don't use any other high PK supplements at the same time. If your strains are nute sensitive use even less. You can def see a difference.

K

Kaybee

Looks great for day 10, you should do well in the yield dept.
BTW, is Advanced recommending people use Bud Blood during the whole flowering cycle? They didn't use to do that, I'll have to look at their chart...

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
nahh bro bud blood is like bud ignitor they recommend 7 to 9 day at the beginning of flowering im pretty fucking pissed just saw that my Corleone kush hermed out on me and i havent stressed the plants at all i havent feed over 1000 ppm's what should i do just pluck the nuts off and see how it does or just say fuck it chop it down and scrap the clones of it

IMG 1429
IMG 1430
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
kool thanks bro thats what i thought

K

Kaybee

Yeah I remember now that I stopped using Bud Blood in the beginning and did it only at the end as a flower booster.

If that's the only place it has hermed you may want to cut off that one branch and watch the rest for a few days, if that plant is special to you. Sometimes a plant will herm only on one branch and the rest is fine. If you start seeing them anywhere else other than the same branch yeah get rid of it.

From my memory, I stopped the bud blood in the beginning on seed plants and moved it to the end for that very reason (herms). Perhaps going from a low PK ratio to a high one so quick causes some stress...

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
it hermed on a few branches so i chopped her down and tossed the clones the julius caesar is fine so far so is the alien dawg and the white strawberries so i think it was just a chick with a dick so what can you do im just gonna keep a real close eye on my larry's and tahoes when i put them into flower and anything else i have going from the cc thanks bro

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking Good

Sorry to hear about the hermi, when I get one of those (in the summer) I take them outside immediately upon seeing a ball, then pluck all balls from the plant and let it flower outside. This way the plant isn't a complete waste you can smoke the weed or if its real seedy make hash or BHO. Your doing a great job with your garden

mal

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Thanks bro this was just a full on herm I take really good care if my girls and ut pissed me off so bad I really was looking forward to some dank bubba og nuggs but what can't do so I chopped her an tossed the clones hope full none if the other cc strains I have germ out on me I'm prolly not gonna be buying any more cc gear I posted this in the cc web site to show swerve what happend any way thanks for checking out my thread hommie .

K

Kaybee

Even when I apply no stress to seed plants, some are natural hermies. Nature's way of ensuring next year's progress. I tend to get around 5% natural hermies from seed, and there's nothing you can really do with the cuttings, glad you chucked em. If all your gear came from one source, gotta wonder maybe WTF is going on... maybe that has something to do with it... maybe not. I do know if you stress seeds particularly with dry heat (like storing them in a hot garage for a summer) can change the genetics a bit and you will get weird phenos and mutations as well as a lower germination rate.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
I store my seeds in a steel tin with onenif those Lil moisture absorbing packets in them and I put them in my refrigerator in the vegetable crisper I have way to much money in seeds to not store them properly. I think it's just Cali connection gear I've heard a lot of people having hermies with their gear so I guess what can you do thanks for the info bro stay frosty late.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sup bro just popping in checking things out. would love to see soem pics of your aliendogs in flower.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Kool thanks hommie there only 6 day into flower now so I'll get some picks up in a day or so I was thinking they were leaning twards the alien kush side because of how far the node spacing was but like I said you would know much better than I would thanks for checking it out bro I really appreciate it.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Hey guys i was wondering if any one out there uses fox farms open sesame ? i have open sesame beastie blooms and cha ching but since I'm happy with big bud and overdrive i was thinking when i run out of bud blood I'm gonna start using open sesame for the first 2 weeks any one else use ff additives with advanced products??

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

Sorry to jump in this thread so late, but i have been using the foxfarm additives for a while, switched up here lately to get better results, didnt happen this round im back to those good old open sesame, beastie bloomz and cha ching! They seem to work great, pretty easy on the ladies too, not easy to burn them wich is nice. I was reading the talks between you and rival and i wanted to join in on the love of blues! I have been breeding blue noses for about 8 yrs cant say there is a better dog on the planet! I have never seen a dog that would love someone or a family soo unconditionaly as my babies. When i get my real computer fixed i will post you some pics of my last litter. Had a few blue fawns prett awesome! Good to see we all have some things in common!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
thats whats up what do you u use the open sesame at just he recommended dose 1/4 tps ??? I love my dog i had a beautiful blue fawn she was worth like 5g's and some one kicked in my door and stole her she was a 100% gotti just a beast. I agree with you their the best dawgs out there!

Top Bottom