Producers Grow Diary!! Hope you Enjoy!

• Thread starter Producer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Producer

Welcome to my Grow Diary!!
I figured its about time I got going on one of these because I see myself being a member on the site for the forseable future and this is a great way for me to take notes and pictures for future grows.

This way I can compare grows and yield. Any informartion, be it questions or answers that come up will not only benefit myself but others as well.
So Im looking forward to this and hope you guys enjoy the thread.

To kick things off i'll show you guys a couple pictures of what my grow room looks like. As most of you already know I grow inside BC Northern Lights Producer Boxes.
I have a pretty busy schedule and work allot and therefore dont have much time to focus as much as I should on my growes. I find Producers are easy and convenient to work with and do an all around great job.

So here's a few pictures.
I edited the pictures so the rooms background dont give anything away about the room so that family or friends might not reckognize it if they ever stumbled upon this site.

Picture 1
Standing in the doorway looking into the room. (right hand side)
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy

Picture 2
Standing in the doorway looking into the room. (Straight ahead)
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 2

Picture 3
Standing inside the closet gives a good overview of my veg tent with my mothers as well as both producers.
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 3

Picture 4
Another overview with my hood dome at the far end.
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 4

Picture 5
You can see my little hood dome where I grow from seed on a little heat mat. Currently theres an OG Kush in there thats just starting out. (there will be future posts on his progress.)
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 5

Whats currently going on inside my grow tent and both producers you ask!?
Well i'll show you.

Picture 6, 7 & 8
Vegging Producer (The one thats facing straight ahead standing from inside the doorway)
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 6

Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 7

Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 10

Picture 9, 10 & 11
Flowering Producer (The one on the right hand side)
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 8

Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 9

Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 8

Picture 12 & 13
Inside the Veg tent. My mothers, used for cloning.
Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 12

Producers grow diary hope you enjoy 11

So there's a basic overview guys! Hope you enjoyed!
More to come soon!!

THANK YOU!!

T

tipper619sd

great thread and i have never seen anybody use those boxes before i will be watching and taking notes great thread keep up the good work. Peace and happy growing.

J

JonathonStrange

Great job P. glad your up and running. I will be following closley. haven't seen anyone running the bc stuff. It looks like a lot of fun. Nice.

M

mrbong73

Do you still have the tubs from the hydro set up? I use mine as a catch basin and puts the pots right into it without the need for saucers.
As I mentioned in the other thread the fabric pots with the velcro tape for LST works really well.
I start training them when they're about 6-7 in. tall. You need to really fill that box up to get a good yield.
I'll put up some pics in a few if it's cool with you.
mrb

D

Donk Frog

Good to see your up running, no problems getting from my place to yours with that straped on the back i hope. clean lookin room

P

Producer

Do you still have the tubs from the hydro set up? I use mine as a catch basin and puts the pots right into it without the need for saucers.
As I mentioned in the other thread the fabric pots with the velcro tape for LST works really well.
I start training them when they're about 6-7 in. tall. You need to really fill that box up to get a good yield.
I'll put up some pics in a few if it's cool with you.
mrb

Cool Mr.Bong! And ya man! Post all the pictures you want! By all means.
That's what I want this diary to be for. We can all learn from each other.
Any advice from a fellow producer grower I will take to heart.
And ya I still have one of the basins. The other didnt come with it.
What do you typically yield from a cycle?

P

Producer

Good to see your up running, no problems getting from my place to yours with that straped on the back i hope. clean lookin room

Nope! No problems at all! Other than being ridiculously fucken tired!
12hrs each way to get that producer.....Not fun! 24hrs of straight driving.
Never doing that again! lol

P

Producer

First Harvest

Well I might as well post another update to keep the flow going here.

For those of you followed any of my other threads you'll know that Im just about ready to harvest my first cycle.
Now most of the plants probably have another week or so, but some of you felt according to a few pictures I posted, that one particular plant was ready.
So after carefully going over the trichomes with a 100X scope I agreed!
The plant has since then been chopped and trimmed and now the buds remain carefully stored away in my BCNL Dryer.

Now I know I asked some of you what the best way to curing was and if there really was any advantage to hanging the plants upside down?
There were allot of responses and different opinions so i did a little research on my own.
What I decided to do in the end, was trim and prep my bud right away and just throw them straight into my dryer.

Reasons behind this.

Reason 1.
The biggest advantage most of you thought was that hanging the plant upside down would cause any of the stored sugars from inside the stem to flow towards the bud.
After a little reasearch I came to the conclusion that if the plants had been flushed properly like they all should be for a good clean smoke, then there would be absolutely no nutrients or anything vital to the plant left in them. Just water from the last flushing.

Reason 2.
Reason 2 ties into reason 1. If by hanging the plants upside down all the water or moisture left in the stem would do exactly that, flow down towards the bud. Therefore causing my buds to get more wet and damp and taking them longer to dry and cure.

Reason 3.
The final reason as to why most of you said not to use dryer racks is because the weight of the bud might flatten the one side its laying on.

To that I say "Who cares!"
Does flattening one side of a bud change its weight!? Nope...
Does a flattened bud change in potency? Nope...
Does it change in anyways the smoke? No.

So what do I care if one side of my bud is a little flat!? There's absolutely no difference in quality. At the very worse it might just look a little silly.

Now don't get me wrong!! I appreciate all the input and efforts you guys made into your comments. And Im not mocking anyone with my comments above! Just relaying what I took in from my research.
And as we all know growing is about
"What works for us".

And the fact of the matter is when I bought my first producer (used) something was wrong with it and I had to contact BCNL representatives for their help and tech support. And unfortunately like any business, nothing is free. For them to offer me technical support (because I wasnt the original purchaser) I had one of two choices.
The first was to give them $250 and they would help. And all I would receive is the support.
Or my second option was to purchase something over a $500 value and I would receive my purchase as well as free technical support.
I sure as hell wasn't giving them $250 for nothing! So I bought that dryer from them. Along with my dryer came my tech support and we were able to troubleshoot the producer and fix it.

So, I already have a dryer! I might as well use it to its fullest!
Had I not needed to spend that money for technical support I might have invested in something else, such as a carbon filter for hanging upside down in a closet. So there's my reasoning behind everything and why I chose to simply cut and trim and go straight into the dryer.

Anyways, here's some pictures of the bud from that one plant we all thought was ready. It was a medium sized plant. Out of the 18 there were probably 10 bigger than it, 2 smaller and the rest around the same size.

So here's what I yielded from the one plant inside my Producer.
Havent weighed it on a scale yet. Waiting for it to dry. Dont want to get my hopes up. lol
Image00008

Image00006

Image00007

J

JonathonStrange

24 hours on the road....that's dedication lol....did you you get lifetime support or was it a one shot deal after you got your dryer...also I thought the producer was 36 inches tall...if so at what height did you switch to flower..

P

Producer

24 hours on the road....that's dedication lol....did you you get lifetime support or was it a one shot deal after you got your dryer...also I thought the producer was 36 inches tall...if so at what height did you switch to flower..

Ya I know! It was a rough drive....lol.
But DonkFrog had a producer for sale and I needed a 2nd one! lol.
And its lifetime support. Grow support as well as Tech support.
I've already called them quite a few times and they are awesome to deal with!
They explained to me everything I needed to know about curing and how to go about it. They're a pretty awesome company.

And yes you're right. The producer is 36 inches tall. Unfortunetly I had originally received 10 clones from a friend, 2 I put outside, the other 8 I kept, 2 I turned into mothers, leaving me with 6.
Those 6 vegged the longest. Another 2 weeks later I received another 12 clones, giving me my total of 18 plants. However those 12 I received I preetty much threw right into the producer with the bigger six that had vegged for two weeks. My clones were probably 3-4 inches high at the most. lol. Explaining why I didnt get much out of them.
Heres a picture of them at day 3 in flowering.
Image00001

You can see how small some of them were.

P

Producer

Yellowing leaves due to thicker canopy.

Hey guys!
Question for all of you, I topped my plants a couple times, and im noticing now because the top canopy is so big from all the topping that im getting a few yellowing leaves. I mean the plants are 4inches or so tall and they're bushy like crazy for how young they are.
Any suggestions as to where I go from now? Now that they've been topped a few times and bent over. What now!? Just wait? Do I trim them a bit to help the lower leaves?
Heres some pics.
Image00001

Image00002

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

I would bro just to help them focus on getting there vertical growth up
Id cut back some shoots on the very bottom of your girls.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Yep trim it off if it isn't going to make it to the top and be even with the canopy its just gonna drain energy from the buds that are receiving light thats the whole point of lolly popping i lolly pop them rite when i flip them into 12/12 and then again at week 3 to make sure I get everything that isn't going to make it so i get the most energy to my top buds.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Yep trim it off if it isn't going to make it to the top and be even with the canopy its just gonna drain energy from the buds that are receiving light thats the whole point of lolly popping i lolly pop them rite when i flip them into 12/12 and then again at week 3 to make sure I get everything that isn't going to make it so i get the most energy to my top buds.

you dont think topping them right when you go into 12/12 gives them enough time to heal up. correct me if im wrong P i was told to do at least a week before flip to make them stretch out more, heal themselves n thicken up the main colas bra to hold the weight. n mainly to direct the hormones in the right spot at early time to not waste time. Ive heard not giving them time enough to heal can suffer your yields greatly. Just what i heard...

P

Producer

I think Prodigy meant trimming the lower ones Dock. I dont think he meant topping them right when you flip to flower....
I think he meant trimming the lower life suckers that aren't going to make it and then again at 3 weeks.
But thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it.
Every little piece of advice helps.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

you dont think topping them right when you go into 12/12 gives them enough time to heal up. correct me if im wrong P i was told to do at least a week before flip to make them stretch out more, heal themselves n thicken up the main colas bra to hold the weight. n mainly to direct the hormones in the right spot at early time to not waste time. Ive heard not giving them time enough to heal can suffer your yields greatly. Just what i heard...

Yes u r rite.. I won't top unless my plants got 2 weeks 2 recover b4 I flower.. But Pro was talking about Lolly popping the plants not topping them..

audius

audius

yo mang good grow,nice & clean i like it. do you planon scrogging or just let em go?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

^^^ no shit i should have read harder
just makin sure your headed the right way
p and goo got that right tho

Top Bottom