Proposed Perpetual Micro Lst Sog

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Getting closer to the end! According to the calendar and some notes, chop date is about ten days away. Flushing with water now. In closing, the grow went well. Quality looks ok. Physical development of the buds seems a little weak. I was hoping to see a little more, but I'm not complaining for first grow this size. Anybody see mistakes I made along the way? Want to add some pointers? Why does it seem like they really didn't plump up very well? Soil was well balanced. Maybe it trained them too much. Too much plant for proper development. I know I'm gonna harvest a lot of little undergrowth tidbits. Somebody post up a butter recipe. I was only using a very mild supplemental nutrient mix of 1-3-2 for flower. Probably could have really juiced em with a better regiment. They spent first five weeks of flower under LEDs. Finishing under HPS. I only took a few pH readings along the way each time being mid 6's. Seemed ok. All in all, great experience. About ten days of flush and to the chop shop. Picture time. First three are the Purple Wreck. The last two are the Deathstar.

IMG 20171207 220759412
IMG 20171207 220808324
IMG 20171207 220823011
IMG 20171207 221244724
IMG 20171207 221312427
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

This is just five days later. Everything is swelling in the buds and more white hairs are developing. The final push or am I just jumping the gun? I'm definitely sold on the difference between led vs hid for flowering. Bud development it's noticably better. Period. Deathstar is definitely showing signs of maturity with dark red hair. The majority of white hairs are about to be orange/red. I'm in need of a good magnifier. What's cheap and effective folks?
Pics... Coloration is a little off. Grow lights. I know, I know.

IMG 20171211 224232628
IMG 20171211 224310878
Monster762

Monster762

673948C1 1CA3 4E9C 8B48 C7AD66BB1F39
This is just five days later. Everything is swelling in the buds and more white hairs are developing. The final push or am I just jumping the gun? I'm definitely sold on the difference between led vs hid for flowering. Bud development it's noticably better. Period. Deathstar is definitely showing signs of maturity with dark red hair. The majority of white hairs are about to be orange/red. I'm in need of a good magnifier. What's cheap and effective folks?
Pics... Coloration is a little off. Grow lights. I know, I know.
I use it. Works real good. And can snap pics with it.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Let the fun begin. Two days on the hook. Couple still in pots need hang. Had to use flower tent for initial hanging. Drying cabinet wasn't ready. Currently 65° with 35% rh. After a week in the tent I'll have cabinet set up and trim up the whole lot of em. Separate the material that'll be used for butter and hang/manicure what's gonna be jarred for smokables. Not looking forward to trimming. Lol. Grow larger, less plants next time.

IMG 20171221 154836842
paper dragon

paper dragon

You should try lollipopping those during flower. Remove the lower growth, forces plant to focus on the tops.
Also, let dry ice and a bubble bag be your best friend with your trim.
Nice work my friend.

Peace

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

You should try lollipopping those during flower. Remove the lower growth, forces plant to focus on the tops.
Also, let dry ice and a bubble bag be your best friend with your trim.
Nice work my friend.

Peace
Thanks. Still trimming. Haha. I chunked them all up and stuffed them in a 7 gallon buckets/lid. They're actually starting to rehydrate from within a little now, so not so scared about too dry. Now just trimming and jarring the specimen tops and throwing all the tidbits in separate jars for future goodies. Never did bubble bags before but really interested. Will definitely train the next run a little better. I understand the lollipopping, but I get so hesitant to clip. Haha. Follow along my next grow. Just about ready to move em into flower.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Harvested 11ea, 18"-24" Purple Wreck. Roughly 6 gallons of segmented and rough trimmed cannabis. The hang has left these a little crisp. Gonna see if sealing em up with a few leaves of iceberg lettuce will help. Truly not bad once tightly manicured. Smokes so great and burns clean. I prefer a crisp clean burn. I believe the flavors really benefit from an extended drying, but longevity of product is in question now. I'll pick and choose over the next few days and manicure and jar the bounty. Cheers Farmers.
IMG 20180107 083021328

brazel

brazel

Thanks. Still trimming. Haha. I chunked them all up and stuffed them in a 7 gallon buckets/lid. They're actually starting to rehydrate from within a little now, so not so scared about too dry. Now just trimming and jarring the specimen tops and throwing all the tidbits in separate jars for future goodies. Never did bubble bags before but really interested. Will definitely train the next run a little better. I understand the lollipopping, but I get so hesitant to clip. Haha. Follow along my next grow. Just about ready to move em into flower.
Training>lollipoping IMO

brazel

brazel

Harvested 11ea, 18"-24" Purple Wreck. Roughly 6 gallons of segmented and rough trimmed cannabis. The hang has left these a little crisp. Gonna see if sealing em up with a few leaves of iceberg lettuce will help. Truly not bad once tightly manicured. Smokes so great and burns clean. I prefer a crisp clean burn. I believe the flavors really benefit from an extended drying, but longevity of product is in question now. I'll pick and choose over the next few days and manicure and jar the bounty. Cheers Farmers.View attachment 769542
I don't see anything about curing? That's the way of amazing taste, burn and storing. Dry slow, dark room, around 50% humidity, fan blowing away from buds, should take weeks, up to four weeks, outside bud dry inside moist. Then cure mason jars, placed in jar naturally, open lid once a day then back off till once a week then none.
This is a rough guide, but that's all you need. Dry and cure is an art

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I don't see anything about curing? That's the way of amazing taste, burn and storing. Dry slow, dark room, around 50% humidity, fan blowing away from buds, should take weeks, up to four weeks, outside bud dry inside moist. Then cure mason jars, placed in jar naturally, open lid once a day then back off till once a week then none.
This is a rough guide, but that's all you need. Dry and cure is an art
Curing is important. Definitely important for quality smell and taste. These hung in the tent for three weeks. Dark. 55-58°, humidty below 40%. Chunked into the bucket because of amount to process. Absolutely into the jars. I'm finishing the manicuring and sealing em up. Burp everything each day. Hell of a process.

brazel

brazel

Curing is important. Definitely important for quality smell and taste. These hung in the tent for three weeks. Dark. 55-58°, humidty below 40%. Chunked into the bucket because of amount to process. Absolutely into the jars. I'm finishing the manicuring and sealing em up. Burp everything each day. Hell of a process.
Word up! Nice bro! I figured you cure, reading your post you can tell the knowledge and passion.
I post stuff not knowing if it's known or not. I miss sentences when reading a lot, so I could of missed things said I thought weren't. I also miss sentences when writing, sometimes I go back and read what I wrote and I'm like shit I left out the point! So to everyone out there, please don't think anything I ever write is in reference to someone not knowing something.... unless specified. And not knowing something isn't negative... it's normal! Everything I know is nothing compared to what I don't know! I'm constantly learning new things! I also learn what's correct when I'm wrong or what I learned was incorrect!
Cheers to life
Happy growing

brazel

brazel

Just a note: I don't think that LST is going to have much positive effect in a diffuse lighting greenhouse.
I see what you're saying in reference to diffuse lighting greenhouse but the idea behind LST is to break apical dominance and create more tops, not to open the plant for light IMO

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

Anybody have experience using honey for a carb load?
I wouldn't use honey, feeding sugar to soil increases the microbes too much, which you don't need. Honey is antibacterial.
Plants produce what they need and store what they don't use. I wouldn't feed sugar to my soil. Mulch is good for microbes.
IMO

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

I'd use bigger pots like 10 gallons or more
With amended soil you don't flush nor have run off.
I know you use a little bit of bottled nutes too but i wouldn't flush.
Can't really compare a 1000w HPS to your LED lights.
Some of my thoughts
Nice grow!
High five on your clones

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'd use bigger pots like 10 gallons or more
With amended soil you don't flush nor have run off.
I know you use a little bit of bottled nutes too but i wouldn't flush.
Can't really compare a 1000w HPS to your LED lights.
Some of my thoughts
Nice grow!
High five on your clones
Drive by comments. You covered a lot. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom