Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

Now you guys are talking, brew kits, wine making and cannabis. In the U.S. big companies watered down our beers, wines that give me a headache & china's "green crack" at least in Europe has me growing & brewing as well. Cheers.
Hi SS, I can’t get over light beer being the default go to in the states whenever you hear or see ppl ordering beer, ie Coors Light. Just stab me. Light beer, low alcohol wine, sugar free this and that, might as well be dead.
Gimme a hard hitting IPA, any decent wine w a few years on it an happy to grow the meds. Not a smoker just like growing the plant.
Have a fab weekend

KingKobi

KingKobi

Day 8 of 84. The CC system is finished and i tried to commission it this arvo. Leaks in the line at the pump one side of the rez tank and return line other side of rez tank. Everything INSIDE the tent is golden. The issue is cheap shitty plastic clamps. Thanks a lot guys, how much more do i have to spend? They have proper stainless clamps on the manifolds either end of the setup and shitty plastic ones where the pressure is in the system.😒.
Anyway, girls doin great. They went into the 75mm cubes 5 days ago. I saturated the cubes and haven’t given them a drop since. They sooked for a day or so but are hitting their stride now:
7CBD84D5 9BE9 43BD B5DE 6524C2FEF852

KingKobi

KingKobi

Bit hard to tell but second set of true leaves established, nice sturdy little stems, they doin fine, roots poking thru on the bottom of all 5. Really don’t want to feed them anything til the system is commissioned, hopefully tomoz.
FDFF37BC D4CA 4521 97FD 9F584DAE79DB

Last edited:
KingKobi

KingKobi

I’m not sayin I did it. I’m not sayin i didn’t do it. I’m just sayin I MIGHT have done it.
2EE621C0 2FB0 46D6 A87A 884AB6D748B2

Ok I did it.

Thought i would inspect the ball valve b4 condemning the joins in the line compleeeetely. In my defence I had 4 beers whilst doing it and turned into Bruce Banner. So Current Culture off the hook for THAT one.
However, I had to over engineer the fark out of the joins at the pump connection to stop the leaking. 3 stainless self tightening screw thingys within about a foot but it is done. Veeeery slow leak, but aquaponic guys will know that biofilm will seal that up in a day or so.

One thing that bothers me is the noise of the system, the air pump in particular. Specifically the relief diffuser below the ball valve that you adjust to keep pressure to the air stones in the grow pots within recommended guidelines. Bit noisy. Currently located at the front of the system close to the garage door. Might have to move it to the back of the room and muffle that noise somehow. Suggestions welcome.
Noise from the water splashing etc into the Epi bin at the front is much more muted, once the lid is on.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Day 10 of 84
Orright, nice progress tonight. System together, pump runnin, one light fitted. (The other is caring for the girls in the main bathroom.)
In no particular order, I need to:
Mix initial nute solution, might do it tonight and get it into the system b4 the plants go in.
Hook up the inline fan and charcoal filter, (got a few days up my sleeve really, they don’t smell yet)
Get a couple small fans for air circulation
Site dehu
Determine what to do about location/noise of air pump relief valve.

I have 4 slots and 5 plants (100%germination, so something has to give.)
Dassit

KingKobi

KingKobi

This has not been without stress or angst. Persistence and patience always beats fear and self doubt.
I am 10 days into a new home following a marriage bust up. I have moved house, kept my spirits up at work, looked after my girls here, put the above system together and bedded it down in that time, quietly persisting one day one minute at a time.
I still have much to do, in everything, but this gives me focus and pleasure. I need fans asap but have a little time for the other essentials listed yesterday.
Started today w week 1 of CC nutes. Might continue for 3 weeks only to give them maximum opportunity to flower in available time. See how we go. Will run 18/6 so i can veg next crop of photos at the same time. Gotta get cracking on them shortly.
Thanks for the inspiration here folks and i might just have a liddle drinky winky tonight. 😁
Oh, found a home for the fifth girl, so she be adopted out this weekend.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

This has not been without stress or angst. Persistence and patience always beats fear and self doubt.
I am 10 days into a new home following a marriage bust up. I have moved house, kept my spirits up at work, looked after my girls here, put the above system together and bedded it down in that time, quietly persisting one day one minute at a time.
I still have much to do, in everything, but this gives me focus and pleasure. I need fans asap but have a little time for the other essentials listed yesterday.
Started today w week 1 of CC nutes. Might continue for 3 weeks only to give them maximum opportunity to flower in available time. See how we go. Will run 18/6 so i can veg next crop of photos at the same time. Gotta get cracking on them shortly.
Thanks for the inspiration here folks and i might just have a liddle drinky winky tonight. 😁
Oh, found a home for the fifth girl, so she be adopted out this weekend.
Kickin goals mate good to c man remember what don’t kill ya makes ya stronger😂

KingKobi

KingKobi

Thank you jltg. I have the perfect house for my needs/interests right now and look forward to a little ‘me’ time. You are killing it w your setup. I have a bit of a knowledge gap compared to most but will use this grow as a baseline to launch from. Cheers man.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Thank you jltg. I have the perfect house for my needs/interests right now and look forward to a little ‘me’ time. You are killing it w your setup. I have a bit of a knowledge gap compared to most but will use this grow as a baseline to launch from. Cheers man.
Nah mate my last grow I absolutely destroyed not happy at all always the next 1 though😉 growing is a passion man that’s for sure once u get crankin u be hooked for life😂

KingKobi

KingKobi

Nah mate my last grow I absolutely destroyed not happy at all always the next 1 though😉 growing is a passion man that’s for sure once u get crankin u be hooked for life😂
So I have BB3, GG4 and Lemon Haze to come for the next crop. Do you have any thoughts/experience w these? I am also thinking if every second crop is an auto crop, i can veg the subsequent photo crop at the same time (18/6) I haven’t done the maths on time v yield, it is just a brain fart atm….

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I
So I have BB3, GG4 and Lemon Haze to come for the next crop. Do you have any thoughts/experience w these? I am also thinking if every second crop is an auto crop, i can veg the subsequent photo crop at the same time (18/6) I haven’t done the maths on time v yield, it is just a brain fart atm….
I’ve grown both Bruce banner 3 and gg4 both excellent knockout strains never had much to do with hazes to long of a flower period for me man 11-13 weeks normally I think mate I’ve only ever grown 1 auto and it was blue dream auto from the old bonza seeds it turned out shithouse but I did only give it 12/12 in the flower room autos have come a long way now though so I reckon u be sweet👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Had a funny chat w mum last night. She all over it. I was bemoaning Krueger going to Collingwood. Gun tall young well built defender who would take Hendo’s spot next year. Mum was like ‘nah nah, all part of the plan, we will bring him back when he is 30 and trade a future first rounder for him.’ Pissed ourselves laughing. My mum can be very funny when she is not trying to be…

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I
Had a funny chat w mum last night. She all over it. I was bemoaning Krueger going to Collingwood. Gun tall young well built defender who would take Hendo’s spot next year. Mum was like ‘nah nah, all part of the plan, we will bring him back when he is 30 and trade a future first rounder for him.’ Pissed ourselves laughing. My mum can be very funny when she is not trying to be…
thought he should of took hendos spot this year mate seen him play in Hobart done all the right things looks a handy type gettin rid of Jordy Clarke could bite us to👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Yeah something isn’t right. Get rid of 2 kids when we need youth and speed. I have high hopes for Bett’s nephew who has committed to us. Thanks Eddy. He and Miers will give us some real sting up fwd feeding off the big guys. My issue is around the middle. We need pace and grunt. Selwood, Paddy and Duncan can’t keep doin it.. Guthrie is a jet but not a beast like Oliver or Petrarcha. Boo is great but his disposal is Suss. It just puts pressure on our defence if we don’t get the clearance. Stanley I can live with, we are not that far away but fuck i hate losing in the last week or two of the season

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Ye
Yeah something isn’t right. Get rid of 2 kids when we need youth and speed. I have high hopes for Bett’s nephew who has committed to us. Thanks Eddy. He and Miers will give us some real sting up fwd feeding off the big guys. My issue is around the middle. We need pace and grunt. Selwood, Paddy and Duncan can’t keep doin it.. Guthrie is a jet but not a beast like Oliver or Petrarcha. Boo is great but his disposal is Suss. It just puts pressure on our defence if we don’t get the clearance. Stanley I can live with, we are not that far away but fuck i hate losing in the last week or two of the season
Yea man Stengle will go alright if we can keep him off the piss n coke😂😂 give em hell up forward hopefully a fit Cameron all year be nice and the big Hawk will do what he does but yea ageing midfield not great Paddy had an unlucky year with suspension and injury same as Duncan but he ain’t getting better at his age ahwell we will c how we go mate👍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Clark is a massive loss for the Cats. The team most in need of speed and youth. He'll kill it at Freo, and landed an all-time mic drop in the way out 😂
I just hope English, Sweet or Darcy can make the ruck their own next year or Melbourne is just gonna get further ahead of us. We've got a flag squad but what we let the young bloke do to us in the third quarter was miserable.
I just have a feeling Darcy will come in and be just like the young fella at Essendon, ready to play, ready to scrap. He looks a goer, Naughts is ready to ascend, JUH just getting started, Weightman is a walk up start anywhere. If we can just get the ruck sorted, just break even ffs, feed that midfield machine, we will be hard to stop.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Clark is a massive loss for the Cats. The team most in need of speed and youth. He'll kill it at Freo, and landed an all-time mic drop in the way out 😂
I just hope English, Sweet or Darcy can make the ruck their own next year or Melbourne is just gonna get further ahead of us. We've got a flag squad but what we let the young bloke do to us in the third quarter was miserable.
I just have a feeling Darcy will come in and be just like the young fella at Essendon, ready to play, ready to scrap. He looks a goer, Naughts is ready to ascend, JUH just getting started, Weightman is a walk up start anywhere. If we can just get the ruck sorted, just break even ffs, feed that midfield machine, we will be hard to stop.
Barely 10 years ago, ruckmen were considered an endangered species at AFL level. Teams are so good setting up behind the ball now though, that if you don’t get that centre clearance you can essentially be camped in your own defensive half. Gawn is a great tap ruckman and a key driver why they can get on a quick scoring roll when he is giving his mids first use.

Losing Bruce late in the season really hurt you. Doggies had plenty of the footy for 2 and 1/2 qtrs in the granny but the writing was on the wall when they weren’t able to convert that to scoreboard pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom