Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sunwestgenetics

sunwestgenetics

I guess the quality of the seeds on transit depends on how caring the company is on wrapping it. We value the satisfaction factor for our customers and make sure that they get the best version of the product they want whenever they are in the globe.

KingKobi

KingKobi

I guess the quality of the seeds on transit depends on how caring the company is on wrapping it. We value the satisfaction factor for our customers and make sure that they get the best version of the product they want whenever they are in the globe.
Hey sunwest, thanks for dropping by. Do you ship Downunder? ILGM no longer do. Only had a few diff types from them but they always seemed fine.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Things move quickly in hydro world.
5-6 days ago after their first ‘proper’ feed, one of the girls (shown in the vid above) showed a little nute burn in the tips of her new growth.
Fast fwd to today and there is the faintest hint of purpling across the canopy of 2-3 of the girls. Little more noticeable this morning than last night.

Low temps and damaged plant roots can cause plants to show this, eg young corn in compacted soil early in the season. My water is on the warmer side of cool, so ruled that out.
Aeration is on the vigorous side of things so root damage could be an issue but the girls have generally appeared to be in rude good health. Ruled that out.
Low phosphorous levels can give rise to darkening/purpling in leaves. Phosphorous is vital to plant cell division and it’s presence assists in a plants ability to uptake other micro nutrients. I have decided that due to the amazing rate of growth this past week, the girls have depleted the phosphorous in their water. I gave them a decent feed this morning.

I have no tools of measurement right now so have no hard evidence to support my theory. We all watch our girls each day and subtle changes in appearance are readily noticed. The girls will tell me over the next few days whether i have come to the correct conclusion.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Second flowering feed this morning, 27days in the system, 37 days from germination.
Placed 3rd 315cmh light back into the tent tonight at lights on.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Midweek update, exactly 28 days in the system, 38 from germ.
First time I have measured the girls, generally 40cm high and 50cm in diameter.

Fun fact, I have a feeling upright girl front lhs is going to be the first done. She is a little more advanced flower wise than the other 3 larger girls.
I wonder did that pinched air stone tube a week or so ago cause her to freak, think she was dying and go straight into flower?

Now for the bad news. I have one metre between the base of the plants and the lights thanks to my CC setup being in a 2mx2mx2m tent.
It’s not going to be an issue w these Autos but scratching my head about photos. Need some think music…

Finally, I am going to leave the light setup as is for the rest of the grow, 2x315cmh rhs and just the one lhs to see if there is any noticeable difference yield wise either side. After one night under this new setup, i noticed girl back lhs seemed to have oriented herself towards the middle of the tent where there is more light.

Last edited:
KingKobi

KingKobi

Kelp foliar feed today at lights off to the 2 girls under full light blast only on rhs.
See if the extra light that side and a bit of foliar feeding kelp here and there has any bearing on yield and or quality v 2 girls lhs.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly Update, 33 days in the system, 43 from germination

Girls rhs have had kelp foliar feed and extra 315 cmh reinstalled this past week. They are now clearly slightly ahead of girls lhs.
Rather than try and prove a negative by having less light and no foliar on one side, I will put the last globe back in lhs and foliar feed lhs at lights out today.
Jobs:
Trim around base of girls at lights out tonight to help airflow
10% Change out and weekly feed tonight w system top up. Girls are starting to motor thru their water.
Instal extra fan

Girl front lhs below. Always been slightly behind the others size wise but looks like she is a little more advanced flowering wise.
49E0B638 A858 4609 90ED B39F7D22C5A9

Girl back lhs below set herself up stadium style fairly early on. Is now a little behind girls rhs, they have had kelp and extra globe for about a week. Still doin great
31C54F0D 9907 4635 BBB3 BAA14DC4F3E8

Girl back rhs below. In my mind has always been the star. However, I ‘choked’ her a bit with that lst couple weeks ago and it took her a few days to shake it off. Lookin great.
97075AA5 26E5 4F7C AD76 FA8789CCE787

Girl front rhs below. Always been the quiet achiever, just gettin on w bidnez.
2B21E2D9 9DEF 4826 BC92 2B8D7A5AC6E9

Short video clip Below. I had to stand 3m back to fit it in. Amazing growth. Due to me being a dumbass I will have to keep this as an auto tent, 13 gall buckets and 7’ vertical won’t play w photos-”Doh”. I should be able to instal an extra grow module each side to give me six plants/grow. I should also be able to instal a nursery tub/bubbler in the middle to get that perpetual grow thing happening.

And oh yes, they stink!!

Last edited:
KingKobi

KingKobi

Instal extra fan ✔️
Pluck some leaves around bases to aid airflow✔️
Top up water (sat in sun 6 hrs = dechlorinated)✔️
Instal that second 315 cmh lhs✔️
Foliar feed lhs w kelp✔️
Tuck fan leaves to expose flowering nodes ✔️
Weekly feed - nup - girls are lush and happy, autos need less so I will wait until they tell me they hungry later in the week.
Beer and red wine ✔️✔️

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Looking really good and enjoyed the video thank you!

I like your set up, i want the same for my tent. :P

So yours are stinky?

I'm not getting any smell from mine and their 33 days into flower, same strain but photo not auto.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Looking really good and enjoyed the video thank you!

I like your set up, i want the same for my tent. :P

So yours are stinky?

I'm not getting any smell from mine and their 33 days into flower, same strain but photo not auto.
Hey Bel Bro. Nice to hear from ya.
First a few phuckups.
My tent is 7x7x7, great. However my Current Culture 13 gall grow tubs are 600mm high or thereabouts. Deduct that from 7 feet height and you have room only for autos once you take ur lights into account. I run CMH which takes up a little more vertical height. Make sure you get minimum 8 feet high tent. If you ina room not tent, height won’t be an issue, otherwise I guess, you looking at dirt in lower height pots W Current Culture so you can run photos.
I will say I am delighted with the CC setup. If you have time, easy enough to build one yourself at a fraction of the price. I have no qualms, I work long hours and needed a turn key solution.
Second, their nute setup seems fine w my limited knowledge. Again, i don’t have time to adjust this, amend that etc.
On the 4 pot setup there is definitely room to split that gap in the middle and instal a grow tub each side, again autos only in my setup. So w a 6 tub setup and on their nutes, 2 pounds/harvest is not out of the question. You could also set up a small bubbler/nursery in the middle of the tent for your next auto grow, ie perpetual.

AAAAND
Don’t beat yourself up on decision making. Give yourself approval to change your mind.
I checked my girls at lights on just now. Yes, in the main they look fabulous, but the new growth is a little pale and hungry looking. I fed the girls their weekly feed and look fwd to seeing them continue to astound me.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your grow.

On the smelly front, these are autos so it happens quicker. Secondly, I have been in the wine game my whole life. Ie, educated schnozz. As long as you have your filter setup you will be fine. Just don’t bother running it til you can smell them. Save some electricity dollars.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hey Bel Bro. Nice to hear from ya.
First a few phuckups.
My tent is 7x7x7, great. However my Current Culture 13 gall grow tubs are 600mm high or thereabouts. Deduct that from 7 feet height and you have room only for autos once you take ur lights into account. I run CMH which takes up a little more vertical height. Make sure you get minimum 8 feet high tent. If you ina room not tent, height won’t be an issue, otherwise I guess, you looking at dirt in lower height pots W Current Culture so you can run photos.
I will say I am delighted with the CC setup. If you have time, easy enough to build one yourself at a fraction of the price. I have no qualms, I work long hours and needed a turn key solution.
Second, their nute setup seems fine w my limited knowledge. Again, i don’t have time to adjust this, amend that etc.
On the 4 pot setup there is definitely room to split that gap in the middle and instal a grow tub each side, again autos only in my setup. So w a 6 tub setup and on their nutes, 2 pounds/harvest is not out of the question. You could also set up a small bubbler/nursery in the middle of the tent for your next auto grow, ie perpetual.

AAAAND
Don’t beat yourself up on decision making. Give yourself approval to change your mind.
I checked my girls at lights on just now. Yes, in the main they look fabulous, but the new growth is a little pale and hungry looking. I fed the girls their weekly feed and look fwd to seeing them continue to astound me.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your grow.

On the smelly front, these are autos so it happens quicker. Secondly, I have been in the wine game my whole life. Ie, educated schnozz. As long as you have your filter setup you will be fine. Just don’t bother running it til you can smell them. Save some electricity dollars.
Hey thanks for the reply, 7x7x7, whats that in cm or mm?

My tent is 200cm all round so i have plenty of height with the LED I'm using.

But yeah i need more sites and more lights. :P

I'm looking at your set up, do you run a chiller or are water temps always good?

Ah that's great so I'm not losing my sense of smell, phew! :P

I'll be able to build a good system, still wrapping my head around how it all works and stuff.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I’m not sayin I did it. I’m not sayin i didn’t do it. I’m just sayin I MIGHT have done it.View attachment 1178212

Bit noisy. Currently located at the front of the system close to the garage door. Might have to move it to the back of the room and muffle that noise somehow. Suggestions welcome.
Noise from the water splashing etc into the Epi bin at the front is much more muted, once the lid is on.

As you know been reading through yoiur thread again and wanted to reply regarding the noise from your air stones.

If you ever get the time, you will basically be getting rid of your air stones and air pump and running water falls into each res instead.

I know it's extra plumbing, but at least you wont have that noise anymore. : )

KingKobi

KingKobi

Hey thanks for the reply, 7x7x7, whats that in cm or mm?

My tent is 200cm all round so i have plenty of height with the LED I'm using.

But yeah i need more sites and more lights. :P

I'm looking at your set up, do you run a chiller or are water temps always good?

Ah that's great so I'm not losing my sense of smell, phew! :P

I'll be able to build a good system, still wrapping my head around how it all works and stuff.
Yeah 2mx2mx2m is 7’x7’x7’ Or thereabouts.
I am running 4x315 cmh which is PLENTY for lights for this setup and probably overkill for autos.
I have been lucky temp wise so far. Cool spring, 2 weeks til summer. These girls will be done b4 the real heat hits in mid January. Water Chillers are plug and play but more money and I am throwing in a 10kg ice block every couple days to help out. My tap water, high rainfall area, nearby town reservoir, is great. WW is ok w the heat but I will need a more considerate temp setup w my next grow.

I am deliberately low tech on this first run and have been pleasantly surprised at the relative ease.I attribute that to good genetics on the seeds, good nutes from CC and a good setup from them. I am guessing my input contribution is around that 10-15% level overall but I have no ego about that. Just looking to shepherd my girls to their final destination in the best condition possible w my current skill set.

Thanks again man and good luck w yours.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

My pleasure and all the best with yours amigo.

Your going to get a lovely yield with those auto's, and yep good genes really help that's for sure.

My feminized WW seed is from ILGM, was an old seed left over from last years outdoor grow, very happy with it, it's like whatever i throw at it, it will handle it. :P

Wow if your low tech then I'm ancient tech, but has been a long time since i grew last and have never grown in a tent like this before, so slowly but surely. :)

KingKobi

KingKobi

My pleasure and all the best with yours amigo.

Your going to get a lovely yield with those auto's, and yep good genes really help that's for sure.

My feminized WW seed is from ILGM, was an old seed left over from last years outdoor grow, very happy with it, it's like whatever i throw at it, it will handle it. :P

Wow if your low tech then I'm ancient tech, but has been a long time since i grew last and have never grown in a tent like this before, so slowly but surely. :)
Cheers Bro,
I guess by low tech, I mean I am not measuring anything except weekly feed doses.
I got my seeds from ILGM too. These are last year’s leftovers. Still got 5 more to pop for the next grow so gives me some think time around how to attack things moving fwd.

On the plant front, made the right call feeding the girls and throwing in that extra globe yesterday. They greening up on the tips and reaching for the stars this morning.

KingKobi

KingKobi

First thing I always say to myself

"Their going to need a taller tent"
Hey Smoke.
I have no one to blame here but myself. The kicker has been the height of the CC grow modules. In my mind at the time i was thinking more water volume = greater system stability. Just didn’t give enough thought to how that would impact vertical space. These WW Autos will be fine but Photos will be a no go. I could scrog the hell out of Photos but even so with my setup, only have just over a metre of vertical space. I might get away with that with LEDs but pretty sure my CMH (which i am very happy with) would fry the girls to oblivion particularly towards harvest.

Lots of alternate Photo sites inside the house or i could bring the tent inside, still run Autos and use the garage itself as the Photo grow room, 13’ ceilings. Kicking that can down the road for the minute.

Thanks for stopping by.

KingKobi

KingKobi

OK, question of the day Farmers.
In Hydro, does canopy growth mitigate system water temps?

I pose this for the following reason. Two days ago I reinstalled the 4th and final 315cmh globe to my system. Early days, system water temp was definitely on the up when 4 globes were running. Today, water temps are cool to touch. I wonder if canopy growth protects the grow modules from direct ‘sunlight’ thus mitigating temps.

Over to you guys.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

OK, question of the day Farmers.
In Hydro, does canopy growth mitigate system water temps?

I pose this for the following reason. Two days ago I reinstalled the 4th and final 315cmh globe to my system. Early days, system water temp was definitely on the up when 4 globes were running. Today, water temps are cool to touch. I wonder if canopy growth protects the grow modules from direct ‘sunlight’ thus mitigating temps.

Over to you guys.
I believe so, it's like being in the shade of a tree, you naturally feel cooler especially if there's a cool breeze blowing over you. :)

KingKobi

KingKobi

I believe so, it's like being in the shade of a tree, you naturally feel cooler especially if there's a cool breeze blowing over you. :)
I mean it makes sense right?
Early days, plants are small and most of the light is beaming those grow modules, warming them and the water in them.
Now, the plants shade the grow modules and mitigate the overall heat in the system, a more balanced ecosystem if you like.
I will keep an eye (or low tech hand) on water temps over the next few weeks to see if things change.
Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom