Purple Closet in the Sky - LED v-scrog hydro

• Thread starter jigfresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jigfresh

jigfresh

Show us some fresh pics, no way we can tell you without them.

Yeah, I kinda felt a little dumb when I realized there weren't new pics. I'm blaming it on raising a baby. :) I decided to let them go a few more days. I dI'll flip today or tomorrow. These pics are 2 days old now, but newer than anything else.

DSC 4616
DSC 4602

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah, I kinda felt a little dumb when I realized there weren't new pics. I'm blaming it on raising a baby. :) I decided to let them go a few more days. I dI'll flip today or tomorrow. These pics are 2 days old now, but newer than anything else.

View attachment 356770 View attachment 356771

If yours stretch anything like mine, you want to flip. I like how everything looks, very clean design.

My vertical and Heath Robinson's are almost the same, except he skipped vegging his plants for size by using more, smaller plants.

jigfresh

jigfresh

Lmao, you got jokes

So you are familiar with just how lovely it is. :) It's cool being between san bernardino and the high desert. I'm glad I'm not in either of them, but being close is nice.

If yours stretch anything like mine, you want to flip. I like how everything looks, very clean design.

My vertical and Heath Robinson's are almost the same, except he skipped vegging his plants for size by using more, smaller plants.

I tried to look for a journal or pictures but wasn't successful. Is there anywhere I can see your setup?

Here's what's going on in the closet now. I flipped to 12/12 yesterday, so they got their first long dark period overnight. The plants are looking nice. Not really getting much taller as I'd like them too, just getting fuller and bushier. I'm happy with how they look and are developing. I pulled some more of the insides out, trying to get leaves that were laying on other leaves out of there. And I finally found out what is too close for the lights. When the leaves make it inside the reflector they start burning. Lesson learned.

Hope you guys enjoy:

ttystikk

ttystikk

@jigfresh my thread is called 'oh my God, he turned it inside out!', it's in the trees forum.

jigfresh

jigfresh

Thanks. Welcome. Just in time for the good part.

ttystikk, I like what you are doing over there. Reminds me of what I do on a completely different scale, or vice versa. I swear I've offended people before saying, "Oh, you remind me of so and so"... I guess it's not nice to say someone reminds me of someone else. Apparently it's more polite or something to say someone else reminds me of them??? I don't really get it. Kinda like telling girls they look pretty with glasses... like "What, I'm ugly with out them" lol. Either way bro... I like your grow a lot... didn't want to post just to looks awesome, but it does.

Did you ever see my casey jones grow?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks. Welcome. Just in time for the good part.

ttystikk, I like what you are doing over there. Reminds me of what I do on a completely different scale, or vice versa. I swear I've offended people before saying, "Oh, you remind me of so and so"... I guess it's not nice to say someone reminds me of someone else. Apparently it's more polite or something to say someone else reminds me of them??? I don't really get it. Kinda like telling girls they look pretty with glasses... like "What, I'm ugly with out them" lol. Either way bro... I like your grow a lot... didn't want to post just to looks awesome, but it does.

Did you ever see my casey jones grow?

I'm not offended- shit, I hope mine comes out that well! Kick ass closet grow, bro!

Yes, I'm scaling up the idea because I think it will work as well in bigger sizes as it does in small ones.

jigfresh

jigfresh

Here's a few pics of things. Day 4 - 12/12. They are stretching a little, but not too bad. Hopefully they stop soon. It's getting tight... been having a few leaves build up water on them which is definitely not good. I like once they are done growing, I can make sure everything is where I want it... then just watch the buds get fat. :)

DSC 4660 685x1024 DSC 4663 685x1024 DSC 4666 1024x685 DSC 4668 685x1024 DSC 4669 685x1024 DSC 4671 1024x685

neverbreak

neverbreak

lookin good bro. dig the way ya runnin things in ya room, it's a cool setup.

neverbreak

jigfresh

jigfresh

Thanks a lot neverbreak. I'm pretty worried that things are too full actually. I might get a second layer of screen to put in front of the lights... the plants just keep growing into them. Not really sure how this wasn't an issue before, I guess because the HID/ cooltube took up much less room than the 3 panels. I'm sure we will figure it out, but i'm worried about the end of the cycle. Things are going to be super full. Would suck to lose buds to burning or mold.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks for following along.

jigfresh

jigfresh

Thanks a lot green bastard (feel funny calling you that, usually such terms of endearment are reserved for close friends). You are just in time for the excitement. The pistils showed up overnight. :)

just wanted to know is that PVC

Yeah, it's 4" waste pipe. Here's some pics of me putting it together:

I got the pipe from Home Depot for about $12 / 10ft. It is really hard to cut.... it's good I have a dual saw. These things kick ass... seriously cut through anything. I did concrete work this year and the dual saw cut through 1/2 rebar like nothing. They have cheap versions at harbor freight. Totally worth the investment if you are one who works on stuff much.
Img029 Img034

I'm pretty sure this is a 3" holesaw and 3" netpots to match. Might be 2.75"
Putting it all together and wrapping with foil tape.

Pretty sure this is 1/2 ID, 5/8 OD clear tubing. Might be 5/8 ID, 3/4 OD. I use a 660 gal/ hour pump these days

First time in the closet
Img036111048

And my helper. :)

jigfresh

jigfresh

I pulled a bunch more stuff off yesterday. I also moved the lights up about 4". Things are moving along well.

I tried to post pics, but I guess I can't post pics from photobucket? Do I just have to upload everything onto this site? Seems odd to have a website demand they use their servers.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I pulled a bunch more stuff off yesterday. I also moved the lights up about 4". Things are moving along well.

I tried to post pics, but I guess I can't post pics from photobucket? Do I just have to upload everything onto this site? Seems odd to have a website demand they use their servers.

Logic does his pics this way so he can use his software to strip metatags from them, including gps info.

Top Bottom