~Purple Kush Cake~Spider Farmer SE3000!

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dugplug

Ya it’s my cross. I wanted to flower out 4 small plants but here we are. I’ve got someone else testing them out too. I’m about to order a 3x3 tent to do a fun grow in. If all goes well I’ll have an overpowered light to hang inside of it 😁
That's what you want more light I have 300 watts in my 2x2 grow tent

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I did a lot of looking and reading about the DWC setups before I bought the RDWC system I am getting ready to get set up in my FINISHED room. I have heard the 5 gal bucket DWC can be great but I upped that with the external res to get more water and try to keep the ph more stable. I also got a res monitor that reads ph, ec, ppm and water temp which should make things much easier. I will be starting my hydro very soon and thinking about running a China Yunnan clone in it once I know which plants are female....can't wait and super stoked to see what you can do with hydro! Purple Kush Cake looking amazing bro!

growsince79

growsince79

Well it’s finally about time to flower the Purple Kush Cake and she’s in perfect health! I’ve been experimenting using my tap water and so far I haven’t supplemented with Cal/Mag. View attachment 1235531View attachment 1235530View attachment 1235529

i also hacked on some of my mother plants to control their size and also take cuttings to put in the aerocloner. I took like 8 Grape Gas S1 (CLTVTD) cuts and about the same for the White Runtz (cookie fam cut). I did an IPM with pure crop 1 and spinosad and Sterilized my scissors before and after cutting on each mother. View attachment 1235534

One of my little work stations/ smoke and chill areas. Hell I even have a rug!!View attachment 1235535healthy cuttings!!View attachment 1235536
My experimental secondary Grape Gas S1 mom in a 4 in square potView attachment 1235533View attachment 1235532

Here we are once again farmers and this time I’ll be flowering out my cross of Purple kush X Punch Cake (wedding cake X purple punch). This plant has been topped multiple times and is 45 days old. Any questions about this grow feel free to ask! I’m a organic living soil grower that top dresses dry amendments and uses teas on a weekly basis.

~Nutes/microbes~

-Recharge (instant compost tea)
-Hyshield (chitosan)
-Kelp meal
-Roots organics Terp Tea grow, bloom, and bloom boost organic dry amendment fertilizer
-kelp extract
-Cal/Mag
-Black strap molasses
-Yucca extract (wetting agent)
-Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil

Shoutout to @SpiderFarmerLED for hooking it up with their SE3000 (300 watt) 4 bar LED.View attachment 1229321View attachment 1229322View attachment 1229323 Below is some of the flowers I’m about to harvest called Grape Gas!!!View attachment 1229324
Did you ever make s2 seeds?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Did you ever make s2 seeds?
I’m about to embark on a big seed run where I’ll be making an Rbx ( reverse back cross) to one of the original parents which is the grape pie but I’ll be making s2 as well. I’ll be hitting you up if you would like to test them and showcase it for everyone to see the results. So if I can fire up this grow here soon I’ll have beans in about 4 months or so.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I did a lot of looking and reading about the DWC setups before I bought the RDWC system I am getting ready to get set up in my FINISHED room. I have heard the 5 gal bucket DWC can be great but I upped that with the external res to get more water and try to keep the ph more stable. I also got a res monitor that reads ph, ec, ppm and water temp which should make things much easier. I will be starting my hydro very soon and thinking about running a China Yunnan clone in it once I know which plants are female....can't wait and super stoked to see what you can do with hydro! Purple Kush Cake looking amazing bro!
Ya I need to do more research on the topic I assume it’s better to control ph with the RDWC? I already got the nutrients now I need the final shove to do it!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Ya I need to do more research on the topic I assume it’s better to control ph with the RDWC? I already got the nutrients now I need the final shove to do it!
To be honest, I'm not sure how much the "recirculating" part helps with Ph, but from what I understand, the more water in your system, the less ph swings you get. Technically, the system I got is called "fallponics" where the water is pumped through the system with a separate reservoir and "falls" down into a different bucket that holds the net pot and the plant. I think the system I have will hold about 15 gallons of water when full.

If it helps, here is the system I am getting ready to set up.

I could be wrong, still learning and needing to get my feet wet with an actual grow attempt, which is where I will learn the most.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Here we are once again farmers and this time I’ll be flowering out my cross of Purple kush X Punch Cake (wedding cake X purple punch). This plant has been topped multiple times and is 45 days old. Any questions about this grow feel free to ask! I’m a organic living soil grower that top dresses dry amendments and uses teas on a weekly basis.

~Nutes/microbes~

-Recharge (instant compost tea)
-Hyshield (chitosan)
-Kelp meal
-Roots organics Terp Tea grow, bloom, and bloom boost organic dry amendment fertilizer
-kelp extract
-Cal/Mag
-Black strap molasses
-Yucca extract (wetting agent)
-Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil

Shoutout to @SpiderFarmerLED for hooking it up with their SE3000 (300 watt) 4 bar LED.View attachment 1229321View attachment 1229322View attachment 1229323 Below is some of the flowers I’m about to harvest called Grape Gas!!!View attachment 1229324
👍

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Here we are cruising thru week 4 and I got my days mixed up and should’ve top dressed. The plant is getting hungry so I brewed a batch of compost tea. My terp tea was at the other spot so I used the buildasoil craft blend instead along with kelp meal, recharge, black strap molasses, and some of buildasoils Q which is a super potent wetting agent with a bunch of saponins. I fed her and plant to brew some more and top dress asap! It takes about 5-7 days to kick it so I’ll be using an enzyme product to help with the breakdown of the organic matter so we can have faster results.

I got a bunch of my prizes from the contest and my new SE5000 assembled and ready to rock! I ordered the oversized 3.3x3.3 grow tent from Mars Hydro. Super stoked to push the limits in that space. I got almost a gram per watt with my 2 grape gas clones so I know I can do it!

A6D818D5 9665 400C 8D3D 0ED0A6770B27
CCB307D2 9E55 4E8D 8617 58217133AB28
41C587CE BF00 4265 9D5A 83ADA4205644
56F1F6CF BB35 417F 9B01 660ECE9BBF42
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I also got ahold of the OG Kush #18 cut! If ya know then ya know! Time to bring the OG back!!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Happy Sunday friends I’ve been doing a lot of work popping new tents and putting up new lights so the Purple Kush Cake has been moved into the 2x4 under the SF2000 just until I can get everything shifted around. I think this is the end of week 4 flower and I missed my top dress so she’s getting hungry. So I top dressed and began brewing a compost tea with the added ingredient of Terp Tea bloom booster to make it a nutrient rich tea not just microbial. Stay medicated fam 🙏
07655795 1F6E 4E23 9F20 51775E725137
2C7C4371 7D81 4604 8C73 BE5B5FACD222
4970B949 6A81 40F7 8783 360418318A1A
8B8EE10F CE44 4894 A4DA 2DBD9E4C0847

I also just started a new grow journal with the apples and bananas CLTVTD cut so tap in if you wanna check it out ⬇️

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Hey what's goin on? I just ordered the new se3000 and was looking around at peoples results that have used them. It looks like you did well I like to grow my plants similar to how you grow yours. Overall how do you feel about the light? I also have a Mars Hydro FC E3000 which is a 300w so I'm going to do a side by side. I'm sure the spider farmer will outperform the Mars Hydro because of the updated diodes.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey what's goin on? I just ordered the new se3000 and was looking around at peoples results that have used them. It looks like you did well I like to grow my plants similar to how you grow yours. Overall how do you feel about the light? I also have a Mars Hydro FC E3000 which is a 300w so I'm going to do a side by side. I'm sure the spider farmer will outperform the Mars Hydro because of the updated diodes.
I haven’t finished a run with it but it’s performing great so far and I’m not even using it at 100%. It’s a super short bushy plant so I got it at 75-80%. I test their fixtures and was super stoked about this one. Huge shout out to them for hooking it up. Ya man this light is legit 🤘

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I haven’t finished a run with it but it’s performing great so far and I’m not even using it at 100%. It’s a super short bushy plant so I got it at 75-80%. I test their fixtures and was super stoked about this one. Huge shout out to them for hooking it up. Ya man this light is legit 🤘
Yessssss

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So I'm looking at the hanging Heights for it and they seem really low. It says veg 8 to 12in and flower 6 to 8 in. With the dimmer at 40 to 60% for seedlings 60 to 90% for veg and 90 to 100% in flower. Is this correct or should I go more with the 24 for seedlings 18 for veg and 12 for flower? At 100%?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I flowered my last grow with this light and it did very well at the manufacturer recommended distances, which seem close, but did no damage when I used it and I got a really good harvest.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
View attachment 1246118
Just going to hang these three in a row like this and cover the walls and white panda film and box it in
Super dope set up! That will be great to do a side by side. Of course there’s some light bleeding over from the middle light but it would still be a great comparison. You should forsure do a journal comparing the 2. Ya man as for the light distance I use a lux meter that I convert to ppfd. It gives you a good idea of the light levels so I don’t have an exact formula. Read the plants and don’t over think it too much and you will be alright.

steamroller

steamroller

So I'm looking at the hanging Heights for it and they seem really low. It says veg 8 to 12in and flower 6 to 8 in. With the dimmer at 40 to 60% for seedlings 60 to 90% for veg and 90 to 100% in flower. Is this correct or should I go more with the 24 for seedlings 18 for veg and 12 for flower? At 100%?
On the heights and % I am curious how you run the Mars Hydro?
Unless there is a tremendous difference between the two cheap Chinese lights [ I run Mars Hydro ] I suspect the SF will run the same or very close to how you run the MH ?
No experience with SF so maybe just thinking outloud ...

Top Bottom