Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

wow, when i start growing just for myself and not income this is how i'll do it. looks great.

D

dunit

wow, when i start growing just for myself and not income this is how i'll do it. looks great.

For personal I sure could never go back to HID. Just the quality of the smoke alone is worth it.

D

dunit

Day 40 of flower. Snapped some pics while the lights were off to get the real colour for comparison.

Got the bamboo sticks out today as the ladies are starting to tilt from the weight.

PK MagnumLEDApril18 001
PK MagnumLEDApril18 002
PK MagnumLEDApril18 003
PK MagnumLEDApril18 004
PK MagnumLEDApril18 005
N

NorCalD9

LOOKING CHUNKY!!!!!! Im so impressed with those LEDS, you might make me buy one lol

Peace
D9

Lennon16

Lennon16

sorry dude but thoe dont look anyway close to 300 grams dry.
in 3 gallon pots in soil???
Purple kush???
I dont know man, ive grown that strain for looongg time. medium yeilding plant!!

But i'd say that i'm most impressed by the l.e.d's looks pretty heavy for an LED grow, nice chunky long colas!
Pretty frosty too!
ive seen LED grows, and the buds usually smaller but frosty like hell!

Wicked kudos to you bud!

cheers

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Thanks fer the Light's Off Pic's Dunit ,

I know yer Partial to the 357's but in yer research have ya seen any other LED's that come close to the results of the 357's but more co$t effective ? I just Haphazardly Considered supplemental LED before I been followin yer journal here . Now I'm Convinced & would like to try LED's but not just some feckin Christmas Tree output felabay pieces O'Shit .

So any & all Input from yer research as well as Bargain Prices would be Greatly Appreciated , I'm sure by yer other thread followers also . Be nice to hear yer smoke report when the time comes to see if ya notice any taste difference in the Bud's as well as Finished Weight's ,,,

Dephect

Dephect

I like the results here too.

Still would love to see a side by side with a 600w HPS before I drop $750 on a LED light though. Also looking forward to seeing the final weight of this grow.

N

NorCalD9

Thanks fer the Light's Off Pic's Dunit ,

I know yer Partial to the 357's but in yer research have ya seen any other LED's that come close to the results of the 357's but more co$t effective ? I just Haphazardly Considered supplemental LED before I been followin yer journal here . Now I'm Convinced & would like to try LED's but not just some feckin Christmas Tree output felabay pieces O'Shit .

So any & all Input from yer research as well as Bargain Prices would be Greatly Appreciated , I'm sure by yer other thread followers also . Be nice to hear yer smoke report when the time comes to see if ya notice any taste difference in the Bud's as well as Finished Weight's ,,,

This thread got me doing a lot of research also, the only brand that i found that is just as good or better then the 357 is the Blackdog LEDs.... for a 1000w replacement u are going to spend at least $700-$1000....

Hope this helps
Peace
D9

D

dunit

This thread got me doing a lot of research also, the only brand that i found that is just as good or better then the 357 is the Blackdog LEDs.... for a 1000w replacement u are going to spend at least $700-$1000....

Hope this helps
Peace
D9

GLH put out decent lights. I almost bought them instead of Magnums. GLH use 90 degree lenses and Magnums use 60 and the issues I found with LED was penetration so I went with the brand that had 60 degree lenses for more focused lighting and better penetration but it was close.

Blackdog sure look interesting and definately the higher power the individual diodes the better the penetration should be. The only thing is that I can't find 5W diodes available from any commercial LED supplier and if they are a specialty item they'd be so expensive that there'd be no way to build a cost effective panel out of them. For example, if my Magnum was built with 119 actual 3W CREE XP-E leds just the LEDs alone would cost about $850 so with case, heat sink, fans, power supplies and mark-up I bet it would cost $1500. Don't know where these 5W leds are coming from or if they are just 5 1watt diodes in a single housing like the 3w/3 chipsets that some manufacturers use instead of true 3W leds. The other issue is their claimed draw. On some of their lights they are claiming all their 3watt leds are drawing 2.5 watts and if that's the case they are way overdriving them and gonna burn up. 3 watt leds draw from about 1.4 to 2 watts depending on the spectrum. Above that threshold they produce more heat and less light and with LED's being so heat sensitive that's just asking for cascading failures.

Biggest issue is someone has to take the chance, buy one and grow with it. Some guys did that with Kessil and that turned out to be a major dissapointment for a lot of people and I had high hopes for those. I rolled the dice on the Magnums and it's working out well for me.

H

HookedOnPonix

Are you using the full spectrum for flowering? Or just the reds?

S

ScarabGlass

Your garden is looking wonderful. You are going to have a hell of a harvest. A lot more people might hop on board the LED train now.

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Hey dunit, amazing work, you are my current inspiration.

I actually have little space to work with currently and let me be clear I am a complete Noob, but I do enjoy researching a lot. Anyway I liked what I saw in your Threads and decided to get a Magnum as well.

I also got a DR60 Pro II. Do you think THe Magnum will do well in this tight space, since it has good penetration? Really the who LED thing puts my mind at ease cause I am a Techie and running a LED to me seems like nothing, while running any HID would make me paranoid that something is gonna catch on fire.

I could use some help on this as it is my first go around and you currently seem to have the most experience with this panel.

Sorry I hope you don't mind helping out a fellow Canadian :)

I currently have 3 bagseed sprouts sitting in some Schultz Potting Mix, nothing fancy, was just gonna have them as Window sill pets, but figure I may as well put them in the Chamber and get used to the process.

So I guess the main things I am wondering about is if I use the Magnum all the way through should I use Full Spectrum through? 24/7 to 12/12 or 18/6 to 12/12.
What Nuts should I run and when?
What would be the Soil or Soiless mix that is the king in Canada? I was gonna try that Promix they advertise at Toronto Seed Bank.

Well I guess I have a lot of questions in getting setup, I don't want to highjack your thread though, let me know if you can mentor me through the early stage here, I would appreciate any advice :)

Amazing stuff dunit!

D

dunit

Are you using the full spectrum for flowering? Or just the reds?

Full spectrum. I can't see any need to ever run just the reds. When I veg I'm using veg (blue only) spectrum for three days and full spectrum for three days and repeat. It keeps the plants bushier and stacks the internodes.

D

dunit

Your garden is looking wonderful. You are going to have a hell of a harvest. A lot more people might hop on board the LED train now.

I thought I did pretty good last time and this crop is gonna bury that one. Honestly this is going well beyond my expectations and every time I walk in the room I just stare for a while and try to figure out when I'm gonna wake up :)

D

dunit

Day 42 of flower. Packin on the weight. Definately beyond my expectations at this point

DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 002
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 003
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 007
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 008
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 010
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril21 015
Top Bottom