Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HookedOnPonix

Full spectrum. I can't see any need to ever run just the reds. When I veg I'm using veg (blue only) spectrum for three days and full spectrum for three days and repeat. It keeps the plants bushier and stacks the internodes.

Interesting. I'll have to try it out.

S

ScarabGlass

I thought I did pretty good last time and this crop is gonna bury that one. Honestly this is going well beyond my expectations and every time I walk in the room I just stare for a while and try to figure out when I'm gonna wake up :)

Yeah I saw your last crop. It was nice too. What I should have stated more clearly is that now there are multiple grows, the lights didn't die on you, they got good penetration, nice big fat buds coated in resin, etc..there will be more people shelling out that $700 for LEDs.

D

dunit

Hey dunit, amazing work, you are my current inspiration.

I actually have little space to work with currently and let me be clear I am a complete Noob, but I do enjoy researching a lot. Anyway I liked what I saw in your Threads and decided to get a Magnum as well.

I also got a DR60 Pro II. Do you think THe Magnum will do well in this tight space, since it has good penetration? Really the who LED thing puts my mind at ease cause I am a Techie and running a LED to me seems like nothing, while running any HID would make me paranoid that something is gonna catch on fire.

I could use some help on this as it is my first go around and you currently seem to have the most experience with this panel.

Sorry I hope you don't mind helping out a fellow Canadian :)

I currently have 3 bagseed sprouts sitting in some Schultz Potting Mix, nothing fancy, was just gonna have them as Window sill pets, but figure I may as well put them in the Chamber and get used to the process.

So I guess the main things I am wondering about is if I use the Magnum all the way through should I use Full Spectrum through? 24/7 to 12/12 or 18/6 to 12/12.
What Nuts should I run and when?
What would be the Soil or Soiless mix that is the king in Canada? I was gonna try that Promix they advertise at Toronto Seed Bank.

Well I guess I have a lot of questions in getting setup, I don't want to highjack your thread though, let me know if you can mentor me through the early stage here, I would appreciate any advice :)

Amazing stuff dunit!

Well you definately have tons of light for a 2x2 space. On the plus side you'll get wicked penetration. Looks like that thing is tall enough at 5 ft 3 so no issues there. I run 18/6 for veg and alternate three days veg spectrum(blue) and three days full spectrum and then all full spectrum when you go 12/12.

Schultz pottin mix is decent from what I hear. It has Timed Release Ferts in it so shouldn't need nutes for a while. Promix is always a sure thing. Watch your PH as promix is quite low so you may have to up your nute mix to balance. When you water test the run-off and adjust your watering to try for 6.5 run-off.

Biggest thing as a noob is don't over nute. If you follow the recommended dosage on any nutes stick to the lowest end for starters and make sure to use straight water every second watering.

D

dunit

Day 46 of flower. Fan leaves starting to yellow pretty good. Buds are looking phenomenal already :)

DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 002
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 003
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 004
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 005
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 006
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDApril24 007
C

cuboree

Amazing Pictures

Hey dunit:

Found this thread via google, had to join after following your first grow with the 357 Magnum Grow thread. Now can't wait for the next update of photos from this one.

Lovin' the pics. They are beautiful ladies. The purple color cast gives the pics a surreal quality to them.

Had a question about the light and was wondering how warm does the top get? Could it be mounted directly to the frame or would it be too hot?

Keep up the amazing work.

D

dunit

Hey dunit:

Found this thread via google, had to join after following your first grow with the 357 Magnum Grow thread. Now can't wait for the next update of photos from this one.

Lovin' the pics. They are beautiful ladies. The purple color cast gives the pics a surreal quality to them.

Had a question about the light and was wondering how warm does the top get? Could it be mounted directly to the frame or would it be too hot?

Keep up the amazing work.

Top never gets more than "warm" wouldn't describe it as hot and could certainly never melt anything or catch fire to anything. As long as you leave the fan vents on the top clear you could mount it directly to something

C

crossouttheiis

those are looking really good. they are plumping up nice

H

HookedOnPonix

Looks like winter moved in and frosted up your plants. You should probably just get rid of them and ship them to me.... Looking amazing.

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

They are looking amazing dunit, I am excited for you.

I am curious of the timeline of ur nutes, which ones do you use and at what time?
Seems like you have it dialed in pretty well this go around, can't wait to see what you get without any nute issues in week 7 :)

B

bosshog

awsome grow

i love your grow especially the use of 357's. just wondering, i am considering 357's for a larger scale grow but am a little leary of putting the money out for 20 lights. do you think that you can cover a 3x3 area and still get the yeild? the guys at 357 are telling me that they are pulling 350+ grams a light is that pr or is 180 more realistic?????
thanks and totally awsome.
cheers

T

Team Overkill

I know a distibutor in china for cheap led lights... Looks like I'll have to give them a chance. Nice work buddy

H

HookedOnPonix

Im going to be cloning tomorrow using one of my magnum lights and was wondering if you know how high I should keep the light from the plants using only the blue spectrum. Thhhhanks.

D

dunit

They are looking amazing dunit, I am excited for you.

I am curious of the timeline of ur nutes, which ones do you use and at what time?
Seems like you have it dialed in pretty well this go around, can't wait to see what you get without any nute issues in week 7 :)

Just using Flora Nova Bloom, Floralicious Plus and Liquid Cool Bloom

1400 ppm and backed it off for the past couple weeks as was getting some tip burn.

I run water every second time and water very heavily to get a mini-flush every time to prevent buildup.

D

dunit

i love your grow especially the use of 357's. just wondering, i am considering 357's for a larger scale grow but am a little leary of putting the money out for 20 lights. do you think that you can cover a 3x3 area and still get the yeild? the guys at 357 are telling me that they are pulling 350+ grams a light is that pr or is 180 more realistic?????
thanks and totally awsome.
cheers

Well I hate to count my chickens before they're hatched but I'd definately say gonna get over a pound on this one so probably in that 250-275 grams per light. Definately gonna start some different pruning techniques as I don't feel I'm making the best use of space. If I had topped these ladies early I think I could have three or four growth tops on each and really push the harvest numbers. Based on that, 325-350 grams a light with a heavy producer that's properly pruned is certainly doable IMO.

Gonna take me another couple runs to get completely dialed in and definately looking for a decent strain. Something that doesn't stretch much in flower is a must in my opinion. Short bushy plants are probably the key to LED.

D

dunit

Im going to be cloning tomorrow using one of my magnum lights and was wondering if you know how high I should keep the light from the plants using only the blue spectrum. Thhhhanks.

They are some pretty intense lights and for cloning I've only ever used mild lights that throw some heat (65W CFL) as the idea is to keep transpiration to a minimum but keep the temp up to promote root development. For sure be using a humidity dome to keep your humidity up and keep the lights a good two feet above them.

H

HookedOnPonix

They are some pretty intense lights and for cloning I've only ever used mild lights that throw some heat (65W CFL) as the idea is to keep transpiration to a minimum but keep the temp up to promote root development. For sure be using a humidity dome to keep your humidity up and keep the lights a good two feet above them.

I purchased an ez-cloner and wont be needing a humidity dome at all. The temps wont be a problem as I have a temperature controller/humidty controller for my sealed room. I also have a fish tank heater to throw in the rez to keep root temps around 75. First time cloning for me, hopefully all goes well. Thanks for the advice.

H

HookedOnPonix

Took 60 clones 3 days ago for my aeroflo 36. 20 armageddon, 20 white widow, and 20 superskunk. Can't wait to see how the lights perform. My expectations have greatly increased over the course of your grow. Thanks for sharing this amazingness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom