Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mc LED

Great grow

I really like what you are doing with the LED lights!!! Great job EH!
I have a few quiestions if I may.... lol it's May 1st

1. Will (2) 120w 3w LED ufo's from ( Advanced led dot com ) give me a big harvest in a 4x4x6 tent with 4 cheeze and 4 white widow flowered at 3 feet or 4?

2. What kind of harvest would you think that would look like? should I flower earlier? 12 inch or 2 feet?

Thanks agin for the great info and introduction to these REAL LED GROWS!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D

dunit

I really like what you are doing with the LED lights!!! Great job EH!
I have a few quiestions if I may.... lol it's May 1st

1. Will (2) 120w 3w LED ufo's from ( Advanced led dot com ) give me a big harvest in a 4x4x6 tent with 4 cheeze and 4 white widow flowered at 3 feet or 4?

2. What kind of harvest would you think that would look like? should I flower earlier? 12 inch or 2 feet?

Thanks agin for the great info and introduction to these REAL LED GROWS!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LED's have their strengths and weaknesses. IMO they just will not penetrate 3 or 4 ft of canopy. I would flower at 18-24" depending on the stretch of your strains and prune out all the "popcorn zone" about two weeks into flowering. I have nine plants in a 4x4 area under 360 watts of actual draw and will pull over a pound. 8 plants in a 4x4 area should be great.

No clue about advanced LED so not sure if thats 120 watts of actual draw or not. If it is then you are running about 2/3rds the wattage I am so would expect about 2/3rds the harvest as a total guess :)

M

Mc LED

Popcorn?

Thanks for the reply!

I hope they pull 120w :P I would buy 2 more if I like what they do first... $369usd each..
I was gonna get a 150 hps sun system for the 8 plants that would be grown and they say the 120w are like a 250 hps so if I get 200w hps worth each than i'm laughing.. ha ha ha.. he he ha! right? lol

When you say " popcorn section " are you refering to the bottom 3 inches of growth per say? 2 weeks into flower? wouldn't that slow it down... or thats what I want? more power to the king colas?

Thanks for the help DUNIT :)

If you ever need a product tester... than all you have to say is...

" go to what once was C-towns TOP point of intrest but is now hiden in the shadows " lol If you have lived in Calgary long you will get it ;P

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Hey dunit! So I got my Magnum today! I am getting excited now. So how many UV LEDs are on your panel? I just wanted to make sure the LEDs that do not appear to be lit are infact the UV LEDs and not burned out LEDs.

Thanks man!

D

dunit

Thanks for the reply!

I hope they pull 120w :P I would buy 2 more if I like what they do first... $369usd each..
I was gonna get a 150 hps sun system for the 8 plants that would be grown and they say the 120w are like a 250 hps so if I get 200w hps worth each than i'm laughing.. ha ha ha.. he he ha! right? lol

When you say " popcorn section " are you refering to the bottom 3 inches of growth per say? 2 weeks into flower? wouldn't that slow it down... or thats what I want? more power to the king colas?

Thanks for the help DUNIT :)

If you ever need a product tester... than all you have to say is...

" go to what once was C-towns TOP point of intrest but is now hiden in the shadows " lol If you have lived in Calgary long you will get it ;P

You talkin bout the Tower? lol

Popcorn section is the lower and inner crap that gets hardly any light. The area where the buds usually stay small and immature. I prune out the weaker lower limbs and suckers entirely. Ya know the ones that look like they are brand new and have no strength.

D

dunit

Hey dunit! So I got my Magnum today! I am getting excited now. So how many UV LEDs are on your panel? I just wanted to make sure the LEDs that do not appear to be lit are infact the UV LEDs and not burned out LEDs.

Thanks man!

Pretty sure there was five or six in the dark but I'll check.

Based on my experience with them you're gonna be impressed :)

How big an area you covering?

D

dunit

Day 55 of flower and one more day and then drown em and chop em on the weekend.

DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 003
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 005
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 006
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 008
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 011
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 015
DunitGrowPK MagnumLEDMay2 018
W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Pretty sure there was five or six in the dark but I'll check.

Based on my experience with them you're gonna be impressed :)

How big an area you covering?

I got the DR60 Pro II to put it in....well still waiting for the tent actually. Got it from Greners and it is taking forever. Well seems a lot longer now that I ordered the Magnum and the Tent at the same time and the Magnum is here from way over in Hong Kong and the Tent hasn't had an updated tracking status since April 26th....prolly sitting in customs.

Anyway so 2x2x5.3.

Also grabbed a Thermometer/Humidity Meter, Clip on fan, and Noma digital Timer today.

I guess all I need left is to figure out what kind of ducting and scrubber I want once the tent arrives, my nutes and a ph meter.

Any suggestions on the ph meter? Being as you are from Canada I am thinking you may have good persepctive on where I could get one in retail chains North of the border. What do you think?

D

dunit

I don't have a particular preference on ph meters. The only thing I will say is make sure to spend a couple bucks on calibration solution (4 and 7)
and calibrate it a few times a run. Had a buddy who was having nute issues and went over to calibrate his pen and 5.9 on the meter was actually 3.8. Talk about lockout!

M

Mc LED

LED 3w or 3x(1w) chips

You talkin bout the Tower? lol...

Why yes lol and I would love to sample... :P

Thanks for the Popcorn explanation :)

I looked at some pictures and it shows that the Advanced Led Ufo 120w uses a single led with 3 smaller ones inside? is that not 3w technically?

On your Magnum when you look at the diodes are they singles or 3 in 1?

theres a website that I get wholesale ecigs from that get product from China ( alibaba dot com ) I know they are knock offs or original that others mark up and brand but they work great.

also... are the fans going all the time inside your magnum? how loud are they? ninja like? or noticeable?

Would you think that would be the same in LED lights? They do all come from china one way or another..... check the site and you will see your light as a plain white box and same spec idea... did they just paint it red and slap on double the price?????!!???

Thanks for the help again!

" if you need to ask if LED's work....... just say I Dunit " lol

D

dunit

Why yes lol and I would love to sample... :P
Thanks for the Popcorn explanation :)
I looked at some pictures and it shows that the Advanced Led Ufo 120w uses a single led with 3 smaller ones inside? is that not 3w technically?
On your Magnum when you look at the diodes are they singles or 3 in 1?
theres a website that I get wholesale ecigs from that get product from China ( alibaba dot com ) I know they are knock offs or original that others mark up and brand but they work great.
also... are the fans going all the time inside your magnum? how loud are they? ninja like? or noticeable?

Would you think that would be the same in LED lights? They do all come from china one way or another..... check the site and you will see your light as a plain white box and same spec idea... did they just paint it red and slap on double the price?????!!???

Thanks for the help again!

" if you need to ask if LED's work....... just say I Dunit " lol

There are 3w diodes and 3w/3 chipsets which is just a tech way of saying there is three 1 watt diodes in the same housing. Not the same for sure.

The Magnums are all 3w diodes for the red and blue but the white/uv and IR are 3w/3.

I have bought from Alibaba as well as I saw the same looking light and figured out why spend more. Turns out that almost everyone uses those standard cases Spectra, Magnum, ISIS, Advanced, Blackdog, Blackstar, etc. My Alibaba light came with three seperate power supplies for the various arrays inside (just like my ISIS and Magnums) and I only every had all three working at once for about 3 days. I think it was after the vendor had sent me the fourth power supply they stopped ansering my emails.

There might be some good guys on Alibaba but I mostly think its people looking to make a quick buck with cheap shit but that's just my $.02

I think that all the panels on the market except for the ridiculously expensive ones come from China. Most of our decent electronics come from Asia and until North Americans feel like assembling them for $8 a day then it's probably gonna stay that way :) The question is whether the person behind the engineering and design of the panel knew what they were doing and used proper spectrums, lens angles, diodes, power supplies and heat management.

In the end the only thing that can really be trusted is results from consumers and that means someone has to take a chance at some point.

My fans make a very low, soft sound. Certainly nothing that can be heard outside their chamber.

E

el_tenador

I am in awe of what u've been able to pull with those magnums Dunit. To the extent that I am seriously gonna consider purchasing a unit myself. I will never listen to ANYONE stating that leds don't yield again. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. A gram a watt is a gram a watt however you flip it. Respect bro

B

bosshog

pleasently amazed

hey dunit thanks for getting back to me about 357 density. i have a few questions about growing led from hearing others and wondering???

running hps my nut schedual is fairly heavy with yeild around .7 grams a watt with co2. when you grow with the 357's are your running your normal hps nut schedual or have you reduced to avoid nut burn?

do you think 2 357's in a 3x6 area is enough and would you stick to 1 plant per foot?

with 10 ft cielings would you grow two levels at about 4 ft height per grow area?

what do yo think about heating a cold room with indoor approved propane catalytic heaters? (co2 on 1100 off 1500).

any thoughts about scroging with leds?

i love what your doing and am amazed with your led accomplishments. i got into growing when a friend was dieing from cancer and needed good bud. since then i got the bug and feel good about growing. the reason that leds appeal to me is because of room temp control as well as power consumption. if they work it just makes sense almost regardless of cost. thanks again for this great thread. i cant wait to hear about your yeild.

cheers
BH

J

jokalyx

Firstlably, thank you Dunit for making such an useful as scrupulously held test grow for leds units. I am quite convinced those are a good alternative to hps lighting.

I am quite stunned about the trichromes quality being better than with hps. Could you develop further your results and observations plz?

Last but not least, have you ordered your magnum 357 on the website . If it is the case, how are they handling their clientele, I mean do they have a quality after sale service?

Thank youu very much Dunit.

Very curious about the yield and the smoke test, if you ll do one report about it.

JOkalyx

B

brandont1

hey dunit can u send me a pm, i need to ask u a few things and need some help/advise.
(btw i cant send u a pm cause im a new member or something like that)

D

dunit

Hey everyone. Will try to get to all the questions asap. Trying to cut down today while also dealing with my honey-do list which got rather long over this crap winter. Chop down is going well. Definately some weight there :-)

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Hey everyone. Will try to get to all the questions asap. Trying to cut down today while also dealing with my honey-do list which got rather long over this crap winter. Chop down is going well. Definately some weight there :-)

Can't wait for the next update dunit! Hey I know you don't really grow in a tent or anything but what do you think would be the best thing to use as far as venting for the 2x2 tent with the one Magnum 357. I know heat isn't much of an issue, so venting would be more for fresh air for the plants and to eliminate odor leaving the tent.

I have been reading forums quite a bit and seen many DIY solutions as well as retail, but see every example is someone using HID so they are of course really concerned about heat and thus I am thinking many of their solutions may be overkill for the setup I described.

Any thoughts on this?

D

dunit

Can't wait for the next update dunit! Hey I know you don't really grow in a tent or anything but what do you think would be the best thing to use as far as venting for the 2x2 tent with the one Magnum 357. I know heat isn't much of an issue, so venting would be more for fresh air for the plants and to eliminate odor leaving the tent.

I have been reading forums quite a bit and seen many DIY solutions as well as retail, but see every example is someone using HID so they are of course really concerned about heat and thus I am thinking many of their solutions may be overkill for the setup I described.

Any thoughts on this?

You are going to be needing absolutely minimum ventilation. I suspect the only reason you're going to need to exchange air is to replenish the co2 the plants are gonna be using. In fact in a tent that small you might be able to get away with one of those co2 generation buckets and just leave it sealed.

I'm big on security so I would get a very small carbon scrubber and have that running in the same room/closet as the tent just to ensure odors are completely eliminated.

D

dunit

Well chopped down today but was short on time so need to do a final trim. Trying not to get too excited but there is a lot of pot hanging in my room :)

Dunit LED Harvest May 7 002
Dunit LED Harvest May 7 003
L

LEDnuggetsFTW

Dunit - Great looking grows. Read through both your Magnum grows and man you really did a great job.

I am running an Isis FX1 in just a small 2x2 tent so it seems to work perfect for what I have going on. My question is what is the average height you keep your panels from the top of your plants? For me it looks like 12" is a good height to spread the light out evenly but just thought I would see what your input was.

Thanks man. I am super excited to see your grams per watt for this run!!!

Top Bottom