Purple Stems

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zakattack

Zakattack

I
Only one way to find out. A P foliar spray twice a week for two weeks will take care of any deficiency. I wouldn't mess with your ph, or feed any more. Just foliar IMO.
Have been foliar spraying quite a bit in the last 10 days with a fairly strong Mix of magnesium sulphate.Perhaps too much I think. Like twice a day I think an seen no improvement.. Do u think it could still be that? My actual plan is to raise the pH ever so slightly from 5.8 to 5.9 or 6.0

Zakattack

Zakattack

I would try 6. But like i mentioned in the first post... dont look so much at the leaf stems.. look at the main stem for deficiency problems... if you have a p problem youll start seein stripes appear on the main stem followed buy yellowed dying leaves.
Funny that u mention that because there were a few yellowed dying leaves at the base of the plant but they were the very base leaves so could've just been their time.. I'll take a close up photo of the stem a little later to get your opinion. Don't think there was anything outa the ordinary tho..

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I

Have been foliar spraying quite a bit in the last 10 days with a fairly strong Mix of magnesium sulphate.Perhaps too much I think. Like twice a day I think an seen no improvement.. Do u think it could still be that? My actual plan is to raise the pH ever so slightly from 5.8 to 5.9 or 6.0
You can stop foliar spraying... its like putting a band aid on someone that just lost an arm... you have to fix the root zone in order to fix a problem(if any)

Zakattack

Zakattack

You can stop foliar spraying... its like putting a band aid on someone that just lost an arm... you have to fix the root zone in order to fix a problem(if any)
Sweet! I'll stop that altogether then! Hahaha thanks man.. Will get pic to u you of the root zone when the light comes on a Lil later.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't agree with not foliar feeding. The quickest way to correct deficiencies with our large CEC soils is with foliar feeds. The main correction will come once the ppms in the soil raise, but foliar feeds speed things up.

Learn what a cation is and an anion

cation = Ca, K, Mg, Na, Nh4
then cation macro nutrients have a synergistic relationship with anion micro nutrients. I, Mo, Si, and B

Anion = No3, S, Ci, and P
Anion macro nutrients have a synergistic relationship with cation micro nutrients. Cu, Co, Fe, Mn, Zn.

So spraying Mg will not effect P. However those leaf edges look like you have plenty of Mg in the soil. I still suggest a P only foliar if you are still worried about it.

Zakattack

Zakattack

I don't agree with not foliar feeding. The quickest way to correct deficiencies with our large CEC soils is with foliar feeds. The main correction will come once the ppms in the soil raise, but foliar feeds speed things up.

Learn what a cation is and an anion

cation = Ca, K, Mg, Na, Nh4
then cation macro nutrients have a synergistic relationship with anion micro nutrients. I, Mo, Si, and B

Anion = No3, S, Ci, and P
Anion macro nutrients have a synergistic relationship with cation micro nutrients. Cu, Co, Fe, Mn, Zn.

So spraying Mg will not effect P. However those leaf edges look like you have plenty of Mg in the soil. I still suggest a P only foliar if you are still worried about it.
Thanks for the info bulldog. I will look into it an will have to try get hold of some P, not sure if it's readily available where I'm from but I'll defos make the mission to get it.

Zakattack

Zakattack

Sweet.. On my next feed I'll give it a little bit of a higher value.. What would you suggest I go for in the next feed or 2.. Like 5.9 or 6.0? Or right up like 6.1?? The temperature is good I know it will never drop low enough.. Thanks Bro
Hi @GT21 I've attached a picture of the stem. No purple or anything like that.. Just a nice fat looking stem. Would you suggest it's just the genetics of the strain that a few stems of the leaves have the purple on them? My next feed is tomorrow so I'll raise the pH slightly above 5.8.cheers mate

Screenshot 2017 02 04 21 50 20 712 commiuigallery
Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Hi @GT21 I've attached a picture of the stem. No purple or anything like that.. Just a nice fat looking stem. Would you suggest it's just the genetics of the strain that a few of the leaves have the purple on them? My next feed is tomorrow so I'll raise the pH slightly above 5.8.cheers mate
see some stuff that needs cut off and u should really clean off them dead and dieing leafs out your soil u can get mold and bugs that can b a pain to remove when just picking them leafs up is soooo ez

Zakattack

Zakattack

see some stuff that needs cut off and u should really clean off them dead and dieing leafs out your soil u can get mold and bugs that can b a pain to remove when just picking them leafs up is soooo ez
Thanks @tinderthumbs . When I go in there again I'll defos give it all a Lil neaten.. Been a busy week:)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
A p foliar = A phosphorus foliar.

N-P-K The middle letter.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi @GT21 I've attached a picture of the stem. No purple or anything like that.. Just a nice fat looking stem. Would you suggest it's just the genetics of the strain that a few stems of the leaves have the purple on them? My next feed is tomorrow so I'll raise the pH slightly above 5.8.cheers mate
I wouldnt worry too much. Plant looks fine

Top Bottom