Purple Stems

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kalikushkid

kalikushkid

Hi I was hoping someone could help. I've got some purple stems that seem to be getting darker.. I have been spraying them 3-4 times a day with a solution of distilled water and magnesium sulphate for a little over a week now and haven't noticed any positive changes. Nutes are currently 10ml gro and 10ml micro per gallon of distilledwater and and I'm using Calmag a well since I'm growing in coco and perlite (50/50). PH of the water has been kept at 5.8 .3day Feeding schedule is main nutes, 1/3 strength nutes as the water and nothing on the 3rd day. Any help you guys can flow my way will be awesome. Attached a couple Pictures to reference
This is definitely genetics.. I was tripping on this on my first grow... couldn’t figure out what was going on till I realized she was super healthy and as I started watching other people’s grows I noticed this is a common thing for just the leaf stem to turn purple with minor purple streaking throughout a majority green stem. After I cloned a couple healthy clones.. I then confirmed this is 100% genetic

L

lpaone01

Hi I was hoping someone could help. I've got some purple stems that seem to be getting darker.. I have been spraying them 3-4 times a day with a solution of distilled water and magnesium sulphate for a little over a week now and haven't noticed any positive changes. Nutes are currently 10ml gro and 10ml micro per gallon of distilledwater and and I'm using Calmag a well since I'm growing in coco and perlite (50/50). PH of the water has been kept at 5.8 .3day Feeding schedule is main nutes, 1/3 strength nutes as the water and nothing on the 3rd day. Any help you guys can flow my way will be awesome. Attached a couple Pictures to reference
Don't use distilled water to start. It has absolutely no minerals taste or smell. You are better off with tap water ph'd correctly. Distilled water is for boat engine cooling systems and your mother's iron. Its application is to not leave any mineral deposits behind on anything because there are no minerals in it . And remember to add one teaspoon of CalMag to each gallon of water. This will give you all the magnesium and calcium required for good nute absorption.
When you see those purple veins running into the leaves, then you have problems.

Top Bottom