Purple Talk And Photo's

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

If you make f2s with the beans you get, you open up the gene pool more and could probably find something close to what you want

Jon Snow

Jon Snow

Here is a purple strain I really like. Girl Scout Candy from BirdDog1/MadScientist. Very nice Indica, but doesn't yield the best indoors. Very good yield outdoors though.

X.rm

X.rm

If you make f2s with the beans you get, you open up the gene pool more and could probably find something close to what you want
Hey
Thanx 4 the info smoky, could you tell me the difference with f1-f2's and S1-S2's ? The reason i ask is because im about to acquire some purple plague from the pirates of the emerald bay. They have purple urkle f1's and CSI humboldt has the urkle S1's. Theres no doubt in my mind that the true bona-fide dankness is in CSI'S gear but i might just pull the trigger on both and cast a wider net. Hmu when yoj get a chance, I'd really like to know the difference. Thanx in advance. PEACE

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

@X.rm The f2 is the result of a taking an f1 male and pollinating an f1 female. F stands for filial generation. Most crosses are f1 these days, which is not always the best, but not bad either ...it's the first cross of 2 plants .
S1 is a selfed seed, meaning they took a female and got it to change sex and then pollinated another of the same plant ( another clone) . Now beyond that I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with s1s , however, there are some real experts here who will hopefully chime in, but I'm not really sure what you do to get an S2 .

X.rm

X.rm

@X.rm The f2 is the result of a taking an f1 male and pollinating an f1 female. F stands for filial generation. Most crosses are f1 these days, which is not always the best, but not bad either ...it's the first cross of 2 plants .
S1 is a selfed seed, meaning they took a female and got it to change sex and then pollinated another of the same plant ( another clone) . Now beyond that I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with s1s , however, there are some real experts here who will hopefully chime in, but I'm not really sure what you do to get an S2 .
Thanx for the info and even more for the honesty. I get the S1 theory, wich in my limited knowledge would mean its not stable and the fact that it would bd self pollinated might mean a hermaphrotic trait. But im not a breeder and im aware of different methods of getting plants to herm, be it stress or chemicals like giberilic acid or other methods. I guess the only way to find out is to grow them out. Lmao. .. ok, thanks again bro. Peace!

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

GT21 Put a like on my photo ty sir figured i post how the mendo purp Train wreck is doing
Got to tell you very very impressed , i pretty much planted it and walked away mother nature feeding her with Rain i have not given it any water or nutrients
she is in 50 percent humus my own compost and top soil with grass mulch on top weekly this is a idea location being there is a huge 40 foot crab apple tree that soon will start dropping apples to the ground ,, talk about natural mulch lol and goodies for the soil haha
Anyways pictures are hard to actually see the size will try to get a further away pic today
she is easy 6.5 feet tall and 5 feet wide already
the branching is strong i mean trying to even crop the plant is litterally impossible its that hard to pinch by hand possibly pliers are needed but fuck that
Decided to let her go naturally only thing i have done started yesterday was tieing plant over a bit a slow bend every couple of days to keep her camouflage in check so its a bend down from top and turn it sideways eventully circling itself keeping it around the 6 foot mark

As for insects it appears this strain is susceptible to inset damage compared to other strains grown in same spot ..
Lower part of plant is where most damage is occurring ,
Which i do not mind middle to upper is untouched
Again i am not treating plants for insects i prefer to let mother nature take care of plant so inreality less involvement the better
Anyways when she naturally flips to bloom i will slowly cut off damaged areas and lolipop no need for larf and wasted plant energy
IMG4168

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Ah shit just had to go take some pics lol from a distance shitty phone camera plus daylight and to be honest its closer to 8 feet tall haha least i do not BS pictures do not lie lol that aluminum piece to the left is 4 feet tall to give everyone a idea she is a beast considering late germination she is 78 days old from seed crack
IMG4197
IMG4196

M

MamaBear

I grow mainly purples. Many strains will turn purple (leaves) but I’m always looking for the phenos that have purple flowers (it's genetic and has nothing to do with temps).

The main reasons I LOVE purple strains:

1. SMOOTH SMOKE – calyxs are purple (loaded with anthocyanin) instead of green (loaded with chlorophyll). We all know that getting all that chlorophyll out (curing) is what makes for smoother smoke. Not much chlorophyll to get rid of in purple buds.

2. THE LONG CURE – most green buds will start to lose strength/potency after about a year. I find purple strains do well way past that. I’ve smoked bud well over 2 years old and it just seems to get better, like a fine wine. Could be that all the anthocyanin (it’s an antioxidant) helps preserve it.

3. MYRCENE – purple strains generally are high in myrcene (indica-type high - which is my favorite). Myrcene keeps you from absorbing too much TCH which makes for a nice, easy, relaxed stone. Sativas usually have low or no myrcene so you get blasted with all the THC which can be way too much for people already dealing with anxiety. Yes, there are some purple sativas, but vast majority of them are indica. Myrcene is also a strong pain killer and excellent muscle relaxer.

4. LINOLOOL - purple strains tend to be higher in linolool which makes them great for many mental disorders (anxiety, PTSD, bi-polar, depression, etc.) and will boost the effect of anti-depressants (allowing for smaller dose of those anti-depressants). Linolool is also used for epilepsy and killing cancer. And it’s a serious pain killer.

5. IT’S JUST SO DAMNED PRETTY!!!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I grow mainly purples. Many strains will turn purple (leaves) but I’m always looking for the phenos that have purple flowers (it's genetic and has nothing to do with temps).

The main reasons I LOVE purple strains:

1. SMOOTH SMOKE – calyxs are purple (loaded with anthocyanin) instead of green (loaded with chlorophyll). We all know that getting all that chlorophyll out (curing) is what makes for smoother smoke. Not much chlorophyll to get rid of in purple buds.

2. THE LONG CURE – most green buds will start to lose strength/potency after about a year. I find purple strains do well way past that. I’ve smoked bud well over 2 years old and it just seems to get better, like a fine wine. Could be that all the anthocyanin (it’s an antioxidant) helps preserve it.

3. MYRCENE – purple strains generally are high in myrcene (indica-type high - which is my favorite). Myrcene keeps you from absorbing too much TCH which makes for a nice, easy, relaxed stone. Sativas usually have low or no myrcene so you get blasted with all the THC which can be way too much for people already dealing with anxiety. Yes, there are some purple sativas, but vast majority of them are indica. Myrcene is also a strong pain killer and excellent muscle relaxer.

4. LINOLOOL - purple strains tend to be higher in linolool which makes them great for many mental disorders (anxiety, PTSD, bi-polar, depression, etc.) and will boost the effect of anti-depressants (allowing for smaller dose of those anti-depressants). Linolool is also used for epilepsy and killing cancer. And it’s a serious pain killer.

5. IT’S JUST SO DAMNED PRETTY!!!
The reason you listed are pretty much what I'm hoping for in the Fire-berry kush I'm growing. She's getting put into the tent tonight, with a quick flush and refert... just to make sure I don't underfeed her and mess up the flowering groove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom