Qhats your perferred nutes

• Thread starter Nknacho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To be fair that's not entirely accurate. There is different forms of N and it actually makes a big difference whether your fert is mainly comprised of ammonium or nitrate nitrogen.

I've seen it a few times on here people using cheap Walmart fertilizer that was mostly ammonium based nitrogen, and that would likely burn your plants and mess with ph.

Also lower quality ingredients and more heavy metals.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's mainly because most of the MG nutes don't have Ca/Mg in them. So unless your medium has it you will get bad results. I think that's where all the stigma surrounding it comes from. That and people think when you buy 200 bucks worth of nutes and run 15 bottles you have skillzzzzz.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's mainly because most of the MG nutes don't have Ca/Mg in them. So unless your medium has it you will get bad results. I think that's where all the stigma surrounding it comes from. That and people think when you buy 200 bucks worth of nutes and run 15 bottles you have skillzzzzz.

How come folks dont have problems with jacks classic? Also no calcium.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Never heard that term. There is no “food grade”?

I have heard nute conpanies call them “pharmaceutical grade”.

Food grade and Lab grade when dealing with chems. Food grade will be tested for stuff like heavy metals. Lab grade that usually isnt a concern.

N

Newber

To be fair that's not entirely accurate. There is different forms of N and it actually makes a big difference whether your fert is mainly comprised of ammonium or nitrate nitrogen.

I've seen it a few times on here people using cheap Walmart fertilizer that was mostly ammonium based nitrogen, and that would likely burn your plants and mess with ph.
had no idea!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Not usually with jacks classic 20-20-20. Thats the hydro 123 kit.

I guess its intended for tap water.

Intended for soil with Ca already in it

"Therefore, it is recommended when using this formula over long periods (greater than 3-4 months) of plant growth, alternate with a lower Phosphorous source such as rainwater, calcium nitrate or other lower phosphorus fertilizers. "

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Intended for soil with Ca already in it

"Therefore, it is recommended when using this formula over long periods (greater than 3-4 months) of plant growth, alternate with a lower Phosphorous source such as rainwater, calcium nitrate or other lower phosphorus fertilizers. "

Well ok then. :-)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Which is kind of the same mantra with MG nutes. The must intend you have it in the soil or running one of their soils with it in it. None of that stuff is for soil-less out of the gate. Also why all of those are high in NH4.

Kind of like the whole FF Grow big and the weird ratio's they run with it is my guess.

Top Bottom