Quantum boards???

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

just got to this thread after ordering a spiderfarm SF-1000 LED . so many numbers and so much math for a guy like me. i need light to get away some purple stuff i have, that by the way has been 'great thus far' but in wanting to max my grows and up my game i wanted the white full spec you guys talk about for a second tent that will be flower only starting on monday. i really appreciate all the information and reasons behind those flying numbers matter so much. i still don't get it, but i get what i need !!

OG

Well two things you need to know, samsung lm301b and h LEDs are the very best LED on the market right now. With an efficiency almost double most other LEDs. The other is mean well drivers are the best drivers you can buy.

So whatever you get, try to make it a mean well driving samsung lm301b/h leds if you want the best light per watt.

Indiva710

Indiva710

Well two things you need to know, samsung lm301b and h LEDs are the very best LED on the market right now. With an efficiency almost double most other LEDs. The other is mean well drivers are the best drivers you can buy.

So whatever you get, try to make it a mean well driving samsung lm301b/h leds if you want the best light per watt.
You forgot the 351h they usually use for the far red too...And inventronics drivers are the shit..Just make sure you get b series drivers instead of a series..b series you can do a lot more with like dimming timers u name it just need a pot and pwm and done deal...

BigCube

BigCube

You forgot the 351h they usually use for the far red too...And inventronics drivers are the shit..Just make sure you get b series drivers instead of a series..b series you can do a lot more with like dimming timers u name it just need a pot and pwm and done deal...

My mean well came with a pot, pre wired and ready to go. I dont bother with supplemental red myself so I havent looked in to them. I'm sure they are great though.

Havent heard much of inventronics. I know mean well is a well known quality and comes with a warranty. I cant speak for the quality of other drivers, but I'm sure there are other good ones too 😀

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter

i went with a spider farm light for those very reasons you listed. much thanks for the help

OG

FourthCity

FourthCity

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter

i ordered 2 of the spider farmer SF1000's for a 2/4 flower tent. i keep adding pieces to my grow room or upgrades where i can use the replaced item on other projects i have in mind for this winter. i excited to move the plants from the veg tent to the flower tent and clones/seedlings to the veg tent. all very exciting for me as i have wanted to grow for decades but always feared the man to much. now had i known i would enjoy it this much, well i would have been a major offender ! finding the process very therapeutic, giving me something that needs me without being demanding, bitchy or vocal for that matter. plants are like model citizens.

OG

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is a great deal! The light shows in stock and I ordered one from them Wednesday but saw today all the other retailers changed their listings to pre-order which makes me worry a little. Hopefully Growerslights.com comes through, and I can report back with some positive feedback. Anyone else place an order with them?
Thats where I got mine and I know if 3 other growers here that have. Their commutation has gotten a bit worse from what I have heard but everyone has got their orders. One was literally a couple weeks ago so I'm pretty sure they are in stock. I would just give em a call they are or at least where when I bought mine easy to get a hold of by phone and very helpful. Email might be different.

Last edited:
FourthCity

FourthCity

Thats where I got mine and I know if 3 other growers here that have. Their commutation has gotten a bit worse from what I have heard but everyone has got their orders. One was literally a couple weeks ago so I'm pretty sure they are in stock. I would just give em a call they are or at least where when I bought mine easy to get a hold of by phone and very helpful. Email might be different.
That sounds reassuring, thank you! Im looking forward to using it to replace some of the cheaper lights in my setup and seeing how it compares to my two 3000k timber 3vls.

H

hawkman

Hello! For a full grow cycle you suggest 3000k instead of 4000k, but what about 3500k? (3000k>3500k? or?)
' for full cycle go with the 3500K and for your flower room consider 3000k just got a 3500K for full cycle from Budget Led's whom recommended this for full cycle grows generally 6500K for veg and 2700 flower

stasmoke

stasmoke

Thank's for your time guys! Planning my first indoor grow.

I want to buy this light for a 2x2x5 grow tent.
Planning to go full cycle with 1-2 plants maximum, not lst/scrog or any other trainings. Can i go with 3-4 plants at this room space?

Also, idk, should i invest in those UV+IR switches, is it worth it for newbie like me?

H

hawkman

Thank's for your time guys! Planning my first indoor grow.

I want to buy this light for a 2x2x5 grow tent.
Planning to go full cycle with 1-2 plants maximum, not lst/scrog or any other trainings. Can i go with 3-4 plants at this room space?

Also, idk, should i invest in those UV+IR switches, is it worth it for newbie like me?
best of growing -- Now the "fun" start -- Happy Cultivation 2 plant will do just fine but if you add 2 more you might have to grow A a different growing methods (scrog, suppercrop, ect) you are describing LST growing

FourthCity

FourthCity

3000K for full cycle and 3500 for a more compact plant they say. i would go 3000K

OG
I think its the other way around, the 3500k has more blue light which helps plants stretch and grow where the reduced blue and increased red in the 3000k results in more compact plants. I have heard that plants will stretch a lot if there is too little blue as well so to a point I think it can go both ways.

Indiva710

Indiva710

My propagating cabinet uses qb 132 that's a 3500k that I veg with however I have flowered in it with good results you get high quality buds but not as big as from a warmer spectrum etc ..And actually visual on the 3500k I would say it's more on the warm side than the cool as I have 4000k I use for veg with a mixed with 3500 and 4000k right now and can clearly see a big difference just like cool and warm too ...However that will be getting changed when I get my 2 raging kale lights for the veg tent

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think its the other way around, the 3500k has more blue light which helps plants stretch and grow where the reduced blue and increased red in the 3000k results in more compact plants. I have heard that plants will stretch a lot if there is too little blue as well so to a point I think it can go both ways.
Its the opposite. Blue creates more compact growth, red creates more stretch. 3000k is more favored in flower and blue more in veg. I prefer 3000k as an overall light because flower is more important to me and i can control stretch in other ways like temperature manipulation.

However there is some newer info that tends to show late flower under a more blue spectrum to be beneficial

Top Bottom