Quantum boards???

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I knew nothing about CO2 b4 some todays research.

Found this article @ RQS blog. It says "Anything under 600W/m² is considered too low for CO₂ injection ".

So Im still gonna go for 240W dimmable @ 2x2x4.6 room space w/o CO2. Probably dimm it down to like 135-160watts and maybe push it to 200w+ at the late flowering stage, your opininons? Is it a good idea?
Yeah that's a poor way to look at it. Ppfd if how ya go. A 600w led will put out a shit ton more than a 600w MH. That article is garbage... Sorry just calling it the truth bro. There is a lot of bad info out there

You want about 900-1000ppfd + for Co2.

My HLG 600 puts out 1500ppfd more than enough for Co2

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah that's a poor way to look at it. Ppfd if how ya go. A 600w led will put out a shit ton more than a 600w MH. That article is garbage... Sorry just calling it the truth bro. There is a lot of bad info out there

I have read over 1200 requires co2. Which puts 600 hps on the cusp.

stasmoke

stasmoke

Thank you! Can you please tell me, where can i search for the actual good info/articles about thit question?

Tbh, I,m thinking about 120W @ 2x2 space/ 30W per 1sq f, 240 seems like an overkill and overpriced for that surface

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you! Can you please tell me, where can i search for the actual good info/articles about thit question?

Tbh, I,m thinking about 120W @ 2x2 space/ 30W per 1sq f, 240 seems like an overkill and overpriced for that surface
30w sq ft. Will give you a good amount of light. Are you using quantum boards? The new 301h are the most efficient. Meaning most ppfd output per watt. I mean the term ppfd isnt always used correct you can watch this vid to help you understand. Now you can increase the ppfd just by moving the light closer making the photons more dense. Typical measurements are over 1m2 so that all light are compared equally but by moving the light closer and making the footprint smaller you increase the ppfd at the cost of coverage and vice versa.

stasmoke

stasmoke

30w sq ft. Will give you a good amount of light. Are you using quantum boards? The new 301h are the most efficient. Meaning most ppfd output per watt. I mean the term ppfd isnt always used correct you can watch this vid to help you understand. Now you can increase the ppfd just by moving the light closer making the photons more dense. Typical measurements are over 1m2 so that all light are compared equally but by moving the light closer and making the footprint smaller you increase the ppfd at the cost of coverage and vice versa.

Gonna watch this video, ty alot!
Im not using QB's yet. Just learning the subject before my very first indoor grow and kinda don't wanna fck it up.

lm301h+ cree xpe2 660nm+730nm+LG UV switch:
120W QB vs 240W @ 2x2sq ft- that's the question for me atm. Tend to go 120W and save money for a better ventilation

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gonna watch this video, ty alot!
Im not using QB's yet. Just learning the subject before my very first indoor grow and kinda don't wanna fck it up.

lm301h+ cree xpe2 660nm+730nm+LG UV switch:
120W QB vs 240W @ 2x2sq ft- that's the question for me atm. Tend to go 120W and save money for a better ventilation
So to make it simple. Say the 240 w has a ppfd of 600. And the 120w say 300 for simple terms. That is the photon flux density over 1m2. But you are not using it in a 1m sq space. So you can end up with the same ppfd on the 120w as you get on the 240w. It will just cover a smaller space in order to achieve it.

stasmoke

stasmoke

So to make it simple. Say the 240 w has a ppfd of 600. And the 120w say 300 for simple terms. That is the photon flux density over 1m2. But you are not using it in a 1m sq space. So you can end up with the same ppfd on the 120w as you get on the 240w. It will just cover a smaller space in order to achieve it.

Understood! Seems like a 120w is a way to go for this small area with 2-4 auto plants

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Understood! Seems like a 120w is a way to go for this small area with 2-4 auto plants
I'm the kind like Tim Taylor "moaaar power" haha. Yeah that will do you. I feel the light is the most important part of a grow but it takes all factors to be successful. And to much can make for heat issues. If your planning on possibly upgrading your space then I would go 240w especially since you can just dim it down and they are even more efficient when you do so. Not make it break it but hey little bits add up. In a 2x2 space I would only do 1 plant tbh

BigCube

BigCube

Sorry to resurrect this thread. But I feel it's the best place for this..

I'm looking to outfit my other 3x3 with kingbrite for veg. I think 240w is enough for veg so I have that part figured out.
I went looking at what they have right now and saw this:

My question is, do you think it's worth the couple extra bucks? I mean spreading the light out more and having a more open fixture can really help with heat and airflow.. but it's $60 more for an equivalent standard quantum setup like this:

What would you do, and why?

Top Bottom