quantum digital ballasts

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Architect

I;ve got 5 of them, not one problem in the 6 months I've had them. They do burn up Eye Hortilux bulbs FAST though, like 10 weeks fast. But I'm told that is common with all digi ballasts, was recommended Ushio or Solarmax bulbs as being more digi-friendly for replacements. My local shop told me they get back 10 lumateks for every 1 Quantum, and I believe them.

A

Architect

Oh, and I did a bunch of testing when I first got these, vs my old Sunsystems analog ballasts. The Quantums were exactly 10% brighter than the analogs, using the same bulbs and hoods at the exact same distance. Can't beat it!

R

Rolln J

I;ve got 5 of them, not one problem in the 6 months I've had them. They do burn up Eye Hortilux bulbs FAST though, like 10 weeks fast. But I'm told that is common with all digi ballasts, was recommended Ushio or Solarmax bulbs as being more digi-friendly for replacements. My local shop told me they get back 10 lumateks for every 1 Quantum, and I believe them.

funny one of the digi's selling points is they are easier on the bulbs then a mag ballast - but if you read Logics article on digi's you get a sense that this cant be true.

I have used solarmax and they have a high fail rate also.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I sill think galaxy is the best option for most.
But I found out recently that my local hydro store carry's Global greenhouse digital I think it is. I am really baked and may have to edit that part later.
But anyway's they have a 5 year warranty and they replace it instantly in the store.
So I think they will get my future ballast and bulb purchase's.
they offer 1 year instore swap on hortilux bulb's.
Great head's and peep.

A

Architect

funny one of the digi's selling points is they are easier on the bulbs then a mag ballast - but if you read Logics article on digi's you get a sense that this cant be true.

I have used solarmax and they have a high fail rate also.

Well damn, that leaves Ushio I guess. With brand new Eye's, I burned up a MH in 6 weeks, an HPS a week after that, and another MH the week after that. In all my years growing these were the first bulbs I had EVER lost! My shop replaced them all for free, but still, a stupid problem to have.

jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive been looking for new lights myself..I wrote Quatum,and got a quick response.I asked them what type bulb they recomend because i was worried about the short bulb life..Heres what he wrote back..

~~~~~I cannot speak on behalf of Lumatek but as for our ballast all bulbs
fire and last with our products. We are working with bulb companies to
always improve the lifetime of bulbs but usually people replace their
bulbs every 2 years so It is not that big of a problem. What bulbs have
people had any issues with? I myself have heard a couple of times the
Hortilux blue only lasts about a year but other than that no issues.
Our labs currently test as many bulbs as we can find to always ensure
our product runs with the bulbs customers desire. If you have any
further questions feel free to reply back.

Thank you

Shawn Brissette
Amerinada Distribution
1-877-HYDRO-US(493-7687) ext 715
Fax: 1-866-931-8220
Email: [email protected]
PO Box 13919|Las Vegas| NV |89112
www.amerinadadist.com

M

mrdizzle

anyone know about the extrasun e-ballast from hydrofarm. the powerhouse is possibly the best mag ballast out there imo, trusted company just wonder how they are rocking. only about 300bucks too

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
i run lots of quantums, replaced all my lumateks and galaxies with them. not one problem, not one bulb blown in over a year using hortilux bulbs. they are close to $230 around here.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am a stoner.
You are correct I meant quantum's.
I have a 600 and I love it.
But the deal my local store has on greenhouse is unbeatable IMO.

S

sizzahash

can some one tell what website in u.s....got quantum's...for cheap...need a couple new ballast and these sound good.....thanks farmer's..:hunter:

M

mrdizzle

krunckbubble, where you lockin down the low 2's for a quantum in the bay

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter

10 weeks!?!?? You ain't shittin, that's seriously fast Architect.

P

paco666

ordered a nextgen 1000k and just got an email saying they dropped CAP and don't carry them any more..... they are refunding my money..... gonna order a quantum now....

L

LEBDOG

Quantum Owner Update

leb dog wassup, iknow im off topic (sorry)but, your the only 1 i know that has a quantum, i bought the 1k 6 months ago. almost got me busted, long story short cable company was trying to enter apartment when i came home on lunch. said was causing interference, landlord was about to let em in!! i coulda killed her (lol). returned to store got new 1 same prob. then a new lamp cord (suppose to block interference never did) and now its in the box collecting dust! u have any prob.?

I noticed that my Quantum 600's really killed (interfered with) my Wireless-G Internet signal. When I was veging under the 2-600MH's 24hrs, I really struggled with a decent connection (it was like modem response time, with intermittent good upload/download rates). As soon as I switched to flower, I noted the initial signal strength returned. I was using an AP as well and this was also intermittent in performance with the Dual Quantum 600's turned on.

I can't have holes in my shoes, so I ended up getting a new Wireless-N Dual Band router and even without the AP, I am 100% lights on! So, I believe the Wireless-G protocol gets interference from the Quantum 600 ballasts I own. I believe the Wireless-N protocol does not suffer from any of this interference.

Additionally I am optimistic in Lumatek's future with their new, "Adjustable Digital Ballasts", and so I purchased a the new 400W! I am running a Horti-400Mh and really using it only as supplemental lighting.

I love the Quantum's adjustability and have used it for various reasons (breaking in new plants, power issues & even watering). This new Lumatek is also adjustable, but I am not really using it as a powerhouse (nor is it at 400W). I will vouch for it though, that when you, "Turn it to 11", it is noticeably brighter.

On a side note:

I have a few 4-2' T5's I use now for veg, so I won't be veging under the juice anymore, too tall. These new T5's are already blowing away my last veg MH experience!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Man i have alway's been an anti CFL guy exept for clone's.
A freind just gave a regular 4 foot 4 bullb CFL so I added it next to my 600 watt in the veg room. Within one day I could noticealbly see the improvement.
All the girl's under the CFL's.(2cool bright and 2 aqariumand plant bulb's).
Turned the healthiest green and are standing at perfect attentoin.
I am considering removing the 600 watt quantum. And replacing it with a couple T-5's.

0MEGA

i got nothing rally bad to say except th fan is a bit noisy. other than that it runs fine. Being able to dim your lights really helps when its in the 90s-100 outside.

R

Rolln J

they are american made playa. lumatecks are chinese

shit - I stand corrected - they are for sale on alibaba.com (which usually only sells chinese and indian crap) but it does say the supplier is american...

Top Bottom