Question about veganics

• Thread starter sevon7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sevon7

How detailed is veganics? Because the more I talk to people about what I want to use I realize there are some very sketchy lines.
For example is greensand technically vegan because it contains marine animal remnants? And is worm castings, even when the worms are only fed green materials, considered veganic when honey isn't?

S

Shredder

For me personally it is all kind of hookie. Plants eat what they eat without us putting any human qualities on them. We should watch what we eat, yes, and feed the plants what they eat, but diversity is always best for us and our plants. I have not seen any evidence that taking important food sources away from plants makes any sense......shredder

M

mrbong73

How detailed is veganics? Because the more I talk to people about what I want to use I realize there are some very sketchy lines.
For example is greensand technically vegan because it contains marine animal remnants? And is worm castings, even when the worms are only fed green materials, considered veganic when honey isn't?

sevon7,
Veganics as described by the wiki link seems to leave out some really important and beneficial parts of organic gardening. i.e. earthworm castings, fish products like fish meal, fish bone meal and fish hydolysate and most compost blends.

I personally don't use items like bone and blood meal or feather meal in my mixes but many people do with good results.

Guanos are another thing that you could easily do without. I happen to have some Budswel powder that has some bat guano in it but I use it sparingly. When it runs out I probably won't be buying it again.

So anyways, you can put together a good mix using veganic principles but in my opinion you would be better off letting some fish and worm products into the mix.
You could look into seed meals, kelp products and minerals with some compost from plant materials only.

Good luck.
Hope this Helps.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

There was a good article in High Times 2 months ago, the woman who wrote it has a brother that has an extensive thread over at rollitup.

http://www.invalid.com/organics/364864-vegan-organics-aka-veganics-matt.html

tell Matt I sent you over

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I still grow in 99% organic soil I mix up and I use greensand and many others. I found that Vaganics is a little to far right for me not to mention composted manures help give your smoke a more complex taste. Worm castings the fountain of youth for your garden.

M

mrbong73

There was a good article in High Times 2 months ago, the woman who wrote it has a brother that has an extensive thread over at rollitup.

http://www.invalid.com/organics/364864-vegan-organics-aka-veganics-matt.html

You're kidding...right?

U

Udyana Peace

And let 'Professor Rize' that his intellectual superior and former mentor, Wu Jin San, says 'Hey!'

And as a reminder tell him that it's still a bad idea to crawl into a commercial clothes dryer at the laundromat and have a couple of friends hold the door shut while they pump quarters into the coin slot.

Especially if the heat is set to 'Cotton'

Just an FYI kinda thingie. Again.

UP

S

sevon7

Thank young the information, I have been researching vegan growing for a little while now.
My main thing is I'm trying to make a boundary line of whether or not certain materials should or should not be considered vegan based on the fact that vegan means no animals or animal by-products, which includes milk, honey, bone meal, feather meal, ect.
Greensand, colloidal phosphate, some kelp meals, and worm castings are mainly what I'm referring to that I am confused on.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to use these in a veganic grow

M

mrbong73

Greensand, colloidal phosphate, some kelp meals, and worm castings are mainly what I'm referring to that I am confused on.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to use these in a veganic grow

Greensand is a sedimentary rock so it's fine. Although you may find better sources of K. Greensand takes quite a long time to breakdown and may not be of much use unless you are recycling your soil.

Collodial phosphate-mineral
kelp meal- plant
worm castings- feces but apparently ok
http://gentleworld.org/beginners-guide-to-veganic-gardening/

S

sevon7

Greensand is a sedimentary rock so it's fine. Although you may find better sources of K. Greensand takes quite a long time to breakdown and may not be of much use unless you are recycling your soil.

Collodial phosphate-mineral
kelp meal- plant
worm castings- feces but apparently ok
http://gentleworld.org/beginners-guide-to-veganic-gardening/

Green sand and colloidal phosphate contain marine creatures that became part of the sediments. That's why it didn't seem right considering that they have animals in them.
And I'll consider worm castings fed only green material.

B

Bubblemang

And let 'Professor Rize' that his intellectual superior and former mentor, Wu Jin San, says 'Hey!'

And as a reminder tell him that it's still a bad idea to crawl into a commercial clothes dryer at the laundromat and have a couple of friends hold the door shut while they pump quarters into the coin slot.

Especially if the heat is set to 'Cotton'

Just an FYI kinda thingie. Again.

UP

lol, my wu jin san friend? heh

but its a cheap ride, the commercial clothes dryer that is...

C

CT Guy

I've never understood the purpose of veganics. In nature, animals are constantly dying and shitting everywhere. What's the point of eliminating these perfectly acceptable sources of nutrients?

S

Shredder

I've never understood the purpose of veganics. In nature, animals are constantly dying and shitting everywhere. What's the point of eliminating these perfectly acceptable sources of nutrients?

The "purpose" may to be to sell something. Or to inflict some human expectations on plants. But really the plants grow themselves, and we just need to give them choices and get out of the way......shredder

B

Bubblemang

well, why not go ask our good friend jaykush? or one of the many others having great results using vegan organics? I'll tell you again, if you actually want to hear.

My results from Steep Hill Lab seem to indicate that vegan organic (veganic) horticulture has put me on top of the sample group. If cannabinoid levels matter to you... ;) Some people would rather believe than know. You sir, do not seem like one of them.

I'm not saying my results cannot be obtained with traditional organics, hell or even chems, BUT being in the top 5 samples shows that you do not need poop or synthetics to grow the best herb.

M

mrbong73

well, why not go ask our good friend jaykush? .
Yeah but jaykush makes his own FPEs with material he finds in nature.
Quite a bit different than your bottled nute marketing scheme.
Good try though.

B

Bubblemang

Grown using vegan organic methods by Matt Rize.
Blackberry Kush has never tested over 16% at this lab. Just to set the scene.
blackberry kush flower %15.44 THC %0.23CBD %0.05CBN
blackberry kush full melt%52.64THC %01.27CBD %0.33CBN

http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/BBKgoodpict1.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/BBKgoodpict.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/blackberrybubblezoom2.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/blackberrybubblezoom.jpg

B

Bubblemang

Yeah but jaykush makes his own FPEs with material he finds in nature.
Quite a bit different than your bottled nute marketing scheme.
Good try though.

There are as many ways to grow vegan organic as there are growers. This isn't a "who can be the most DIY vegan organic contest"... or is it? lol because if so, jay for sure wins. I have put my DATA up for the world to see and pick apart. I am yet to see any numbers from anyone anywhere with stronger blackberry kush. :)

UNDISPUTED CHAMPION! And I did it with some admittedly inferior supplements, and my dog died half way through this round. It was a veganic miracle that this turned out so good.

My hash is incredibly strong on this batch of Blackberry Kush. 52% is stronger than some oils, common knowledge but also according to the lab.

My current set up, after consulting with Ryan at bioag (about some of my supplements).
Bioterra Plus with (diy) vermicasting and compost, and grade 3 perlite.
Biocanna line, vega, flores, bioboost
Bioag: Humic, tm-7, kelp, fulvic, vam
calplex and epsom salts
molasses and aloe vera juice
Teas, I have a couple compost sources.
neem like a mug, and even some sulfur
myco madness and great white (gotta use em up)
HN: mayan microzyme, 0-10-0

There is a lot of redundancy as I whittle down what I'm using.

M

mrbong73

That sucks about your dog.
Why not try vegan organic with just seed meals, kelp meal,ewc, etc incorporated into your soil instead of all the grow store b.s.
Isn't that what organic growing is all about?
Letting the soil provide the nutrients for the plant.
Just a thought.

S

Shredder

Oh god, here we go again, mat rise master of the universe, marketer of all things green. Walking infomercial extraordinare...........shredder

M

mrbong73

Oh god, here we go again, mat rise master of the universe, marketer of all things green. Walking infomercial extraordinare...........shredder

Persistant little bugger. Must be a glutton for punishment.

Top Bottom