Questions About Fade, Flush, All That Debatable Stuff

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGRox

MGRox

first off the above plants are purpleing not fading
You know, a bit of research into anthocyanins and you will easily find your statement to be false. YES, purple "can be" a type of fade.
Pigmentation as a form of photoprotection for compounds being mobilized out of senescing leaves is quite commonly documented and, in fact "Currently, its role in light attenuation attracts the most support."

Now, if the plant does not have the biosynthesis pathways to either glycosylate or further acylate flavonoids, then you will see a classic fade without purpling of the leaf.
your saying by overfeeding my plants they will all look similar? dude what planet are you from.just because you wrote a aparagraph doesnt mean it makes ANY sense.
Yea if you have too many nutrients, they don't fade (each uniquely) and would all look normal deep green (or burnt up). Those show, quite well I might add, how each strain naturally will fade differently with proper end of flower nutrition.

Wisher619

Wisher619

sorry @ninjaballs
but the only "nonsensical" rant are any of your posts
yes purple is genetic....the original post is about fade
which can be lime green/yellow/purple/red/orange/black
they asked about fade
my indoor plants stay between 78-86f and they turn purple....so not temp related in my case
and my rant was about someone not believing in something when it is staring you in the face......just because you believe something differ dosnt mean it is true especially when science backs what you disagree with

MGRox

MGRox

fade means by popular defenition when your plant is using its stored nutrients because its putting all its energy into its flowers because its going to die and its trying to procreate.no amount of research is going to tell me that purpling is the same thing as fade because they are two seperate things.end of story.
Well at least you got the first bit right, just are incorrect saying fade and coloration are "necessarily" separate.

"Maximum levels of anthocyanin accumulation in Z. mays occurred after 5 days under potassium (K) deficiency (K deficit impairs photosynthetic enzyme function; Bhandal & Malik, 1988), 10 days under P deficiency, and 15 days under N deficiency (Lawanson et al.,1972)"

Pigmentation response with K-, N- and P- each separately. (also documented research with Ca- and Mg-). I.E. any of those elements being moved out of the leaves in late flower can illicit coloration as a visual indication of fade (in this case). This is completely irrespective of ANY other environmental or even genetic "pre-disposition" (excluding varieties without biosynthesis pathways).

Wisher619

Wisher619

oh and if you didnt know
we only see the leaves as being green because green light is being reflected by the leaf.....when chlorophyll is depleated.....there are many differ colors that a plant will show as the green light is no longer being reflected
genetics do make up what color the leaves and pistil's and stems blahblahblah will look like to our eyes
popular defenition dosent quantify as a basis for fact
the "Fade" of the leaves colors from green to maybe yellow or other such hues as the reserve nutrients are used nearing the plants life cycle....maybe you didnt know this....in the wild....the plant will stop uptaking nutrients and use up its reserve before it dies....we are just replicating that in a controlled environment
we play god....telling the plant the end is near or it is time to flower...cutting off nutrients and in some cases dropping temp as well as humidity and shortning light times to say 11/10 hours on to 13/14 off just like fall/winter

Wisher619

Wisher619

and just because you have entered cups means nothing...thats like me saying I tried out for MLB....sure I played in the farm system for a while....dosnt mean I was Major League
I also was an ametuer skateboarder in my youth...I even won a few local contests....didnt get me a shoe deal or make me pro by any means
I have many strains...the last one I grew is Blue Dream x Platinum GSC

N

ninjaballs

and just because you have entered cups means nothing...thats like me saying I tried out for MLB....sure I played in the farm system for a while....dosnt mean I was Major League
I also was an ametuer skateboarder in my youth...I even won a few local contests....didnt get me a shoe deal or make me pro by any means
I have many strains...the last one I grew is Blue Dream x Platinum GSC
you crossed the two.dig you back breed?why didn't you designate it?

MGRox

MGRox

hey man, just have done that research on my own. I've not really made any points of bring that stuff up because everyone has their own perspective and I respect that. I'm not intending to argue this or that. I just had seen that you were saying that coloration and fade were 2 separate things. I just merely provided scientific data to show otherwise.

I'm not out to change any opinions nor to shift ones' opinion to my own. Heck, i haven't even offered my opinions about the OP and fade at all. Again, everyone has a way.

A fitting statement used by a person, whom I highly respect;
"The steam that blows the whistle never turns the wheel"

Wisher619

Wisher619

I didnt back breed my buddy made the cross and I ran the beans....found the one I wanted and abused the shit out of her....making sure she is stable....no herm....pm resistant bug resistant....I am now gonna be crossing her with an Quin n Tonic Male that I have
I dont know what ever came of the seeds my friend has because I dont talk to him much anymore
but I did get a keeper out of the deal
much appreciated

little nuggie from her ...Tastes delicious

N

ninjaballs

i'm not major league?i've offered advice and then
hey man, just have done that research on my own. I've not really made any points of bring that stuff up because everyone has their own perspective and I respect that. I'm not intending to argue this or that. I just had seen that you were saying that coloration and fade were 2 separate things. I just merely provided scientific data to show otherwise.

I'm not out to change any opinions nor to shift ones' opinion to my own. Heck, i haven't even offered my opinions about the OP and fade at all. Again, everyone has a way.

A fitting statement used by a person, whom I highly respect;
"The steam that blows the whistle never turns the wheel"
you did not provide scientific data that showed otherwise.i never said that purpling doesnt happen DURING fade i said whether or not a plant has the propency to turn purple is in its genetic make up.and that is fact.i can go find that fancy word for the key hormone if youd like?

N

ninjaballs

you lucked out.one time i crossed cheese with g13 and thought i was on my way to "government cheese"i grew about a hundred and they were all insanely horrible....maybe high in cbd but we'll never know...

N

ninjaballs

you feel like a jedi master when your plants turn purple,i know.its because we are jedi masters.

Wisher619

Wisher619

indoor love and caressing...smells like rotting bowl of berries mixed with a muffin and some citrus juice along with a nice skunk spray.....pretty darn acceptable
and the effects....usually starts with a head rush which transcends into a numbing of the limbs....which takes alot of my physical pain away....and it makes you hella hungry (stomach growling) right after you have eatin a meal....
I got very lucky...just the way the ball bounces sometimes

N

ninjaballs

true.i got one seed from space queen and strawberry cough and grew it for years it was da bomb.i gave a cut to some folks and i think people are calling it strwberry queen but i know its just a cross..stoners....

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
@bankcee
Here's a good example of what I mean by overfed or over-nutrified soil. I'm working on dialing in this cut, so, both plants are the same age with basically the same parameters except the plant on the right got 2/3 amended soil with 1/3 inert, and the plant on the left got all amended soil.

You can see there is no damage at all on either plant, and both look quite healthy, but the plant on the right has greater resin coverage and slightly better floral development, while the plant on the left is not fed nearly to the point of toxicity, but to the level where it is detrimental to optimal expression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom