Questions on using buds for bubble hash

• Thread starter Newishgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newishgrower

I just had a grow and unfortunately, I vegged too long and a lot of buds are not ideal due to light stress from being too close to the lights (unable to raise them further). I also rarely smoke and want to make hash. Since most hash making tutorials use trim or tiny buds, I’m wondering a few things about using buds For hash. I have bubble bags ready to go.

1. Would you recommend using fresh frozen buds or dried buds for the hash? Which will likely produce the higher quality product? How about yield?

2. How should I break up the buds for more surface area And more yield? Do I use scissors and cut up buds cleanly into tiny pieces?(I know that will take quite a while?) Do I grind buds?(Ive heard it will make hash lower quality.)

3. Any other tips to have a decent bubble hash run?

Thanks!

Questions on using buds for bubble hash
Questions on using buds for bubble hash 2
3cats

3cats

I just had a grow and unfortunately, I vegged too long and a lot of buds are not ideal due to light stress from being too close to the lights (unable to raise them further). I also rarely smoke and want to make hash. Since most hash making tutorials use trim or tiny buds, I’m wondering a few things about using buds For hash. I have bubble bags ready to go.

1. Would you recommend using fresh frozen buds or dried buds for the hash? Which will likely produce the higher quality product? How about yield?

2. How should I break up the buds for more surface area And more yield? Do I use scissors and cut up buds cleanly into tiny pieces?(I know that will take quite a while?) Do I grind buds?(Ive heard it will make hash lower quality.)

3. Any other tips to have a decent bubble hash run?

Thanks!
Gnick55 is the hash guy here, find a page of his, butter him up with some nice comments then ask him questions. He can be a miserable sob sometimes so buttering helps. lol

When I've done my buds in bubble bags I lose too much smoke, I smoke a lot and 5-6 oz of bud turns to grams of hash. I like to smoke a lot so it isn't a good way for me to process my buds. or I just need more weed

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd dry and cure the bud first.
Don't worry about busting up buds a drywall mixer on a drill will take care of that.

Watch the Gumby bubble hash video on youtube. Times are in video.
After Washing and letting your buckets settle. Remove all the green matter/ schwag.
Let the solution settle. Then siphon off the water leaving a nice safe zone.

Re wash all the green in 1 bucket. Let it settle. Remove schwag. Settle again and siphon off water.
Put all the hash in 1 bucket. Fill with clean distilled water. Mix well and let the hash settle.
Siphon off as much water as you can. Run the rest threw your bubble bags.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Gnick55 is the hash guy here, find a page of his, butter him up with some nice comments then ask him questions. He can be a miserable sob sometimes so buttering helps. lol

When I've done my buds in bubble bags I lose too much smoke, I smoke a lot and 5-6 oz of bud turns to grams of hash. I like to smoke a lot so it isn't a good way for me to process my buds. or I just need more weed
Take it easy on Gnick,3 cats! The last time the leafs won, the cup was 60 years ago! That is long enough to make anyone in Ontario cranky at times!🏒

3cats

3cats

Take it easy on Gnick,3 cats! The last time the leafs won, the cup was 60 years ago! That is long enough to make anyone in Ontario cranky at times!🏒
Ya well screw the Leafs I'm originally from Vancouver and a Canuck fan which has been a hard go of late so I've kept my head down on hockey. We've had nothing to brag about, now this year they're on fire gaining confidence and their goalie is the man. just wow. I've only watched highlights but for me its good to see. while I'm at it fk Montreal too. lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Long-suffering, sharks fan here! We have a chance to go down in history as the worst team in hockey history this year! Will be lucky to win one game! L O L! They are so bad it is comical!

N

Natep

Grind the flower in a food processor first. Then make your bubble hash. You can either cure the flower first or cure the hash after up to you

N

Newishgrower

Thanks. I don’t mind getting grams from my ounces of bud. The more grams, the better, of course. Not ideal, but I rarely smoke. I enjoy growing weed as a hobby and take about 2 hits a month or so.

N

Newishgrower

I'd dry and cure the bud first.
Don't worry about busting up buds a drywall mixer on a drill will take care of that.

Watch the Gumby bubble hash video on youtube. Times are in video.
After Washing and letting your buckets settle. Remove all the green matter/ schwag.
Let the solution settle. Then siphon off the water leaving a nice safe zone.

Re wash all the green in 1 bucket. Let it settle. Remove schwag. Settle again and siphon off water.
Put all the hash in 1 bucket. Fill with clean distilled water. Mix well and let the hash settle.
Siphon off as much water as you can. Run the rest threw your bubble bags.
Thanks! I appreciate this.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
This doesn’t make the hash of lesser quality with more green in the product?
ya don’t be doing that, that’s a no no..
alright you freaks the wife is sitting here reading your posts and agreeing with you as in being cranky, so you are all being banned!
hahahaha just kidding,
i’m not cranky just sensitive!…
i’ll be back to help out have to deal with her now..😜

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i would like to see your buds as is (photo)..
doesn’t have to be overly dry, preferably not, some moisture content is good..
dry plant material or ground up plant material only makes the end product worse..

N

Newishgrower

i would like to see your buds as is (photo)..
doesn’t have to be overly dry, preferably not, some moisture content is good..
dry plant material or ground up plant material only makes the end product worse..
The first two pics were from today. I’ve yet to harvest. Wanted to figure this out first. I could pull them any day, though. Thanks for the help!

Glassdub

Glassdub

This is what I have a (close) landrace that seems to be good for nothing else I think, never made hash, read/saw some stuff a year or so back using ice & one of those portable Chinese washing machines, cutting this in a week or two, have to re-research, which I have not done at all yet.

Day 176 AG5 kola 1
Day 176 AG5 kola 2
Day 176 AG5 kola 3
Day 176 AG5 terp 2
Day 176 AG5 top
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Im a fan of dry ice hash.... it's same as bubble has except use dry ice instead of ice water... salt and pepper style shaking required

Top Bottom