Questions on using buds for bubble hash

• Thread starter Newishgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

For quality of terpenes fresh frozen all the way my friend, fresh frozen in a frost free freezer, the colder the better.
just freeze the nugs splitted from stems, and no fan leaves, split them in an inch or so sized nugs before freezing, let them freezing for 3 days at least, from freezer directly to extraction bags ready to process.

In the not so old days Nikka T shared some good info around, he is one of the OGs in bubble bag extraction,
now he run paid courses and consulting on it :-)
Would this need to be dried afterward?

Glassdub

Glassdub

the bubble hash after its done filtering yes it will need to be dried for consumption, some dry it in the fridge to preserve the terpenes as best as possible, watch some content on youtube on how people do it too so you get a better idea.
its a process, and it takes a while.
I was speaking of Dry Ice Extraction, looked over the fresh frozen extraction pages over at Alchimia & I'm honestly confused how it all works.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I was speaking of Dry Ice Extraction, looked over the fresh frozen extraction pages over at Alchimia & I'm honestly confused how it all works.
Dry ice extraction you will wait just one or two days in a cold dark spot of the house for it to dry and press it, store the pressed product in the fridge or wine fridge.

N

Newishgrower

i don’t dry ice as i don’t care for it..
but much better info here about it..
i’d still do it differently though
How would you do it? It sounds like fresh frozen gives best quality, yeah?

How do you prep the buds before using them? How small of chunks should they be? I envision cutting them into small chunks (1cmx1cm or smaller) while only trimming stems to avoid extra trash as I break down the buds. Is that at all on the right path?

Once in tiny pieces, freeze them for a couple days and process them in bags already prepped with as cold of water as I can make. (With regular ice).

Make 2-3 runs with material. I’ve read after 2-3 runs with fresh, frozen hash, the material starts yielding green shit in the final product. True or no?

How do you dry and cure the collected hash? Anything else you think is relevant? I appreciate your help very much.

Again, I’d like to get the highest quality I can and of course the most of it as I can. I rarely smoke, so quality is most important. Thanks.

N

Newishgrower

This is what I have a (close) landrace that seems to be good for nothing else I think, never made hash, read/saw some stuff a year or so back using ice & one of those portable Chinese washing machines, cutting this in a week or two, have to re-research, which I have not done at all yet.
That is a cool fucking plant. Except the fact that I hardly see a glandular trichome. Hopefully you’ll get some more maturity in the next few weeks to make hash worth it. But seriously, the plant buds and structure look wild.👍

N

Newishgrower

For quality of terpenes fresh frozen all the way my friend, fresh frozen in a frost free freezer, the colder the better.
just freeze the nugs splitted from stems, and no fan leaves, split them in an inch or so sized nugs before freezing, let them freezing for 3 days at least, from freezer directly to extraction bags ready to process.

In the not so old days Nikka T shared some good info around, he is one of the OGs in bubble bag extraction,
now he run paid courses and consulting on it :-)
I appreciate this. Thanks much.

Glassdub

Glassdub

That is a cool fucking plant. Except the fact that I hardly see a glandular trichome. Hopefully you’ll get some more maturity in the next few weeks to make hash worth it. But seriously, the plant buds and structure look wild.👍
I thought the same of the sister plants, not a lot of sugar/kief but the vape packs a punch, I'm finishing the 15th week of flower I don't want to wait too much longer as its starting to longevity herm a bit now, I'm going by the smell more than anything at this point.

N

Newishgrower

I harvested some buds and cut up the buds quite finely by scissors. I started with two bowls of buds (only one bowl in pics) and still have lots of material left to process. Am I wasting my time trimming each bud into very small pieces without creating too many fine leaves in the process (as grinding would do)? It seems to me it would be very helpful, but correct me if it’s a waste of time.

Also managed to get a bit of scissor hash. I Know quality won’t compare to bubble hash and a few hairs and tiny leaf pieces got mixed in. Do I need to let it dry for very long?

IMG 0079
IMG 0072
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I harvested some buds and cut up the buds quite finely by scissors. I started with two bowls of buds (only one bowl in pics) and still have lots of material left to process. Am I wasting my time trimming each bud into very small pieces without creating too many fine leaves in the process (as grinding would do)? It seems to me it would be very helpful, but correct me if it’s a waste of time.

Also managed to get a bit of scissor hash. I Know quality won’t compare to bubble hash and a few hairs and tiny leaf pieces got mixed in. Do I need to let it dry for very long?
scissor hash i don't dry, smoke it fresh tastes amazing, store in fridge or wine fridge.

Glassdub

Glassdub

@GNick55 the forum needs your bubble bag procedure tutorial thread 😍
😁
Indeed, though the more I look into the more I want to do dry ice, it might not be as good but I don't have the time.
I'm just confused on doing it with fresh weed & question if I have enough freezer space for that plant wet.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

Indeed, though the more I look into the more I want to do dry ice, it might not be as good but I don't have the time.
I'm just confused on doing it with fresh weed & question if I have enough freezer space for that plant wet.
do it, dry ice is fine..
we will give you a method or some ideas and you choose what is good for you..
if i was to use dry ice..
than when it comes time to shake the bag… i would do on a big table space and give one shake than move over a bit to shake again and so on.. after 3-5 shakes/spots would be sufficient.. i’d inspect the piles and separate out the contaminated stuff.. being “greedy” only makes it worse.. less shakes more pure, less trouble pressing..
the info i linked earlier has some good tips as in putting the weed in fridge or freezer first.. etc…
as you learn it gets easy with understanding what’s happening than you’ll tell yourself what the hell, why didn’t i do this a long time ago..

Kennethcherrynewton

Kennethcherrynewton

I just had a grow and unfortunately, I vegged too long and a lot of buds are not ideal due to light stress from being too close to the lights (unable to raise them further). I also rarely smoke and want to make hash. Since most hash making tutorials use trim or tiny buds, I’m wondering a few things about using buds For hash. I have bubble bags ready to go.

1. Would you recommend using fresh frozen buds or dried buds for the hash? Which will likely produce the higher quality product? How about yield?

2. How should I break up the buds for more surface area And more yield? Do I use scissors and cut up buds cleanly into tiny pieces?(I know that will take quite a while?) Do I grind buds?(Ive heard it will make hash lower quality.)

3. Any other tips to have a decent bubble hash run?

Thanks!
https://rosinevolution.com/ ( GET BUBBLE BAGS FROM HERE,BETTER QUALITY)

Glassdub

Glassdub

I'm gonna chop this the end of next week, is it ok to cut & pack fresh into turkey bags & freeze?
I really hope I can fit in all my freezer its gonna be TIGHT,
What the ratio of dry ice needed?
This may have been answered but is there a min/max time to freeze?

Day 183 AG5 top

Glassdub

Glassdub

So it says not to vacuum seal the bags, does this mean not zip the 3 gal bags or just don't press the air out flat?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So it says not to vacuum seal the bags, does this mean not zip the 3 gal bags or just don't press the air out flat?
means don’t damage the trichomes..

Top Bottom