Random stuff... breeders, banks, and strains.

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I do not like them damn it lol!!! At least with a photo they can be manipulated to do what you want when you want. Eg if I want to spend 300 days in veg, then I can. If I want to take a big clone, aero it for 2 weeks, stick it in the dirt for a week and then flower it... then I can. Autos just seem to be training wheels to me. Dont need them. :)))
Yeah! Like, if you have a bad seedling phase with an auto, you are screwed. If you get your veg messed up, you are screwed. With photos, you can get your ducks in a row over time and then flower when you are ready and you only really HAVE to manage that properly to get a decent yield.

Just seems harder to me unless you want to just set them and forget them, in which case yeah they are very easy lol.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Pain relief. Big subject and issue. I have IBS. And for me that means if I eat the wrong things like heavily processed foods or fried foods, then I get razors in my guts. I can eat real fresh made mozzarella, but not American. I can eat pinto beans that are twice baked (refried) and seasoned out well with no problems at all. Get em out of a can and I'll be in guts hell for a week. Well when you have no other options because of a natural disaster and you're hungry... yep tacos from taco bell no cheese. Meat, lettuce, pico only and I've got my own blazin scorpion pepper hot sauce. And... I'm in guts hell. I think it's their shells that did it.

Solution? I have a bottle of prescribed hydrocodone or this...

20201105 072449

You know how you discover things by accident? HSC Squirt. We were testing it and my wife's headache disappeared. Weird. Next time I had a pain issue, same thing. Smoked it, and it became tolerable. This morning? Guts hell but I have to work. So I smoked some. Pain. Gone.

I have another one of these in flower and a bonsai momma to make more.

You guys with chronic pain issues? Wish you were closer. I'd trade cuts with y'all. The beans are at insaneseeds and dcseedexchange.com.

Humboldt Seed Company - Squirt

Ah one more thing. I'm helping a buddy get his Amazon brand off the ground. So in posts every now and then you'll find a coupon code good for US purchases at Amazon for stuff like 50 packs of Raw Cones with a doob tube or a new style grinder for 50% off or more. Each code can only be used once. So whoever's grabs it gets it lol :)

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Pain relief. Big subject and issue. I have IBS. And for me that means if I eat the wrong things like heavily processed foods or fried foods, then I get razors in my guts. I can eat real fresh made mozzarella, but not American. I can eat pinto beans that are twice baked (refried) and seasoned out well with no problems at all. Get em out of a can and I'll be in guts hell for a week. Well when you have no other options because of a natural disaster and you're hungry... yep tacos from taco bell no cheese. Meat, lettuce, pico only and I've got my own blazin scorpion pepper hot sauce. And... I'm in guts hell. I think it's their shells that did it.

View attachment 1052298

You know how you discover things by accident? HSC Squirt. We were testing it and my wife's headache disappeared. Weird. Next time I had a pain issue, same thing. Smoked it, and it became tolerable. This morning? Guts hell but I have to work. So I smoked some. Pain. Gone.

You guys with chronic pain issues? Wish you were closer. I'd trade cuts with y'all. The beans are at insaneseeds and dcseedexchange.com.

Ah one more thing. I'm helping a buddy get his Amazon brand off the ground. So in posts every now and then you'll find a coupon code good for US purchases at Amazon for stuff like 50 packs of Raw Cones with a doob tube or a new style grinder for 50% off or more. Each code can only be used once. So whoever's grabs it gets it lol :)
What does the squirt taste like?

Holy crap, look at at all that beta caryophyllene?!!!!

Screenshot 20201105 073922

According to my notes from this video in my linked post, that terp is great for pain and inflammation in studies and holy shit that strain has a lot of it. It helps your pain and inflammation.

Coincidence??

Last edited:
Terpz719

Terpz719

Caryophelene is

Holy crap, look at at all that beta caryophelene?!!!!

View attachment 1052303

According to my notes from this video in my linked post, that terp is great for pain and inflammation in studies and holy shit that strain has a lot of it. It helps your pain and inflammation.

Coincidence??
It's one of my favorite terps. It's very different in that it can bind to CB2 receptors.

However, CB2, particularly in peripheral tissues in the body, is a therapeutic target for treatment of inflammation, pain, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis (Gertsch, 2008; Gertsch et al., 2008). β-Caryophyllene has now been shown to be directly beneficial for colitis (Bento et al., 2011), ...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Caryophelene is

It's one of my favorite terps. It's very different in that it can bind to CB2 receptors.

However, CB2, particularly in peripheral tissues in the body, is a therapeutic target for treatment of inflammation, pain, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis (Gertsch, 2008; Gertsch et al., 2008). β-Caryophyllene has now been shown to be directly beneficial for colitis (Bento et al., 2011), ...

Thank you!!!!

Terpz719

Terpz719

View attachment 1052298

Sorry to hear about your gastro issues, and I can totally relate. Thanks for posting about Squirt! I was interested in it a good while back, and had forgotten about - lost in a forest of strains.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

View attachment 1052303

Coincidence??
No coincidence at all. None of the other 6 strains I have in my jars have this kind of effect. Appreciate you finding this info.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Sorry to hear about your gastro issues, and I can totally relate. Thanks for posting about Squirt! I was interested in it a good while back, and had forgotten about - lost in a forest of strains.
Anything HSC is damn good. Really good. Wish I could afford to grow out their entire line lol.

Molson asked about taste. Its mildly fruity with a slight gas kick. But these plants were grown weird. I have a normal one in flower now. I suspect it will be even better. :)

amekins

amekins

View attachment 1052298

You know this is on my list. Pain and inflammation are my two most promising areas with specific strains. The next seeds I buy will be these.

amekins

amekins

View attachment 1052303

Coincidence??
I don’t believe it’s coincidence at all. A couple of years ago, I watched some videos of the scientists doing the cannabis research in the industry. CBG for a cannabinoid and beta caryophyllene for terpene are thought to be really beneficial for the treatment of inflammation.

amekins

amekins

Also, Samantha Miller is a really great speaker on the science of cannabis. I know this is pretty simplistic. She was speaking on a panel in the video I saw before and am still trying to find.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
These Purple Mountain Majesty gals are getting close to the end. They got all warted frosted and funky :) Smoke is going to be excellent.

20201106 070448

This is a close up of one of the PMMs side bud

20201106 070517

And the fabled... HSC Squirt newly in flower :) she was outside. Brought her inside and now its treat everything for spider mites for a week lol. Part of living in the woods I guess.

20201106 070644

amekins

amekins

These Purple Mountain Majesty gals are getting close to the end. They got all warted frosted and funky :) Smoke is going to be excellent.

View attachment 1052679

This is a close up of one of the PMMs side bud

View attachment 1052680

And the fabled... HSC Squirt newly in flower :) she was outside. Brought her inside and now its treat everything for spider mites for a week lol. Part of living in the woods I guess.

View attachment 1052681
I’m curious what you use to treat for spider mites?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I’m curious what you use to treat for spider mites?
Spinosad (is that how you spell it). Certified organic stuff. Daily treatment for 7 days usually knocks them way down if not out. I had to bring a lot inside and right after a good clean down too! Hahaha it's all good.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I don’t believe it’s coincidence at all. A couple of years ago, I watched some videos of the scientists doing the cannabis research in the industry. CBG for a cannabinoid and beta caryophyllene for terpene are thought to be really beneficial for the treatment of inflammation.
Not sure who, but I think there are breeders working on high CBG strains. It's something I'm very interested in along with THCV.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not sure who, but I think there are breeders working on high CBG strains. It's something I'm very interested in along with THCV.
Agree!

Ultraviolence is one I know of for CBG. THC Victory (or something along those lines) for THCV.

The strains I am most interested in for CBG are Panama, Malawi, and Thai from Ace (I have Golden Tiger, Malawi, and Panama x Bangi Haze seeds....I intend to eventually get to just pure Panama but that is way down the line).

THCV is supposed to be found in some South African strains and I am suspicious of whether it might be in Durban, which I have seeds for.

This breeder's approach is interesting. https://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seed-breeders/elite-seeds

amekins

amekins

Spinosad (is that how you spell it). Certified organic stuff. Daily treatment for 7 days usually knocks them way down if not out. I had to bring a lot inside and right after a good clean down too! Hahaha it's all good.
I had them outside and used the same, but it was a single treatment every four days.

amekins

amekins

Agree!

Ultraviolence is one I know of for CBG. THC Victory (or something along those lines) for THCV.

The strains I am most interested in for CBG are Panama, Malawi, and Thai from Ace (I have Golden Tiger, Malawi, and Panama x Bangi Haze seeds....I intend to eventually get to just pure Panama but that is way down the line).

THCV is supposed to be found in some South African strains and I am suspicious of whether it might be in Durban, which I have seeds for.

This breeder's approach is interesting. https://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seed-breeders/elite-seeds
Seedsman had a CBG strain you can buy seeds for (I have).

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Outdoor stuff finishing up. Flush started today.
I had them outside and used the same, but it was a single treatment every four days.

Just depends how bad the infestation is. This one? Bad bad. But they'll be gone soon. :)

Terpz719

Terpz719

Agree!

Thanks! I really like Durban Poison, and it's typically mentioned in discussions of THCV. The company I used to work for had a fantastic cut that I loved, but they ditched it because it wasn't a yielder...

I've had a wonderful Chocolate Malawi, that I don't know the lineage of. I am sitting on some of Ace's Panama Red that I need to get to - didn't know it was known for CBG. I really need to grow some Africans - just haven't gotten to them yet. Another strain, whose name I love, is Somali Taxi Ride by Rare Dankness - Malawi X Nevil's Wreck. They no longer sell those seeds...

Top Bottom